IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Just installed the Ultimate Steering Response System (USRS) from RR-Racing.

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-15 | 10:23 AM
imp0rted1
Pole Position

Originally Posted by eddyisf
Did you tighten all the bolts to spec ...you should lift her up and check that everything is nice and tight
I did tighten to spec. I will check again.. i'm thinking the preload bolts aren't tight
Old 07-21-15 | 12:42 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

ugghh This is what Im afraid of. I hope the tech at the dealership will be able to get this right. I dont need any issues . I highlighted the specs for each bolt and told the SA to show the tech . I always have the worst luck with mods of any kind, Even my Joe Z exhaust had a defect where the flanges are were too close and causing vibration. Any BS with these and Im going back to stock in a second
Old 07-21-15 | 01:51 PM
SubOrbital
Lead Lap

It's car modification. If it goes 100% smooth, you did it wrong. Sometimes stuff doesn't fit right the first time around or it got installed incorrectly...that's the name of the game.
Old 07-21-15 | 02:33 PM
Reaper21
Pole Position

Default Just installed the Ultimate Steering Response System (USRS) from RR-Racing.

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
ugghh This is what Im afraid of. I hope the tech at the dealership will be able to get this right. I dont need any issues . I highlighted the specs for each bolt and told the SA to show the tech . I always have the worst luck with mods of any kind, Even my Joe Z exhaust had a defect where the flanges are were too close and causing vibration. Any BS with these and Im going back to stock in a second
Haha you crack me up man. Just get a Corolla already.
Old 07-21-15 | 02:56 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by SubOrbital
It's car modification. If it goes 100% smooth, you did it wrong. Sometimes stuff doesn't fit right the first time around or it got installed incorrectly...that's the name of the game.
Oh man you should see the things I've been through.. Lugs snapping, tire popping on the freeway going 80, getting a flat right after mounting my new wheels on my new tires, header check engine light, headlight installation, trunk not fitting right.. the list goes on and on.. It takes patience and a lot of money, but now everything is perfect!

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 07-21-15 | 03:35 PM
SubOrbital
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by joshhleee
getting a flat right after mounting my new wheels on my new tires
I only get flats when I get new summer tires. That's the ONLY time I've ever suffered a flat.
Old 07-21-15 | 03:52 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Any BS with these and Im going back to stock in a second
After as much tracking as you do with your F you won't want to go back to the stock bushings Fingers crossed you won't have any issues with yours, they are really a quality made part and not too many things that could go wrong with them to tell you the truth. These put the stock bushings to shame and they belong in the trash after you put these things on
Old 07-21-15 | 04:42 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Reaper21
Haha you crack me up man. Just get a Corolla already.

Reaper I stopped messing with my cars and started buying factory tuned. So its only up from here buddy I have been in the game so long its crazy. After 15 years of tuning and all the issues that come with it I am just done. Im fried. My cars have been in magazines and some more than once ( super street magazine and Modified magazine ) . I know what Im doing but Im 40 now ( almost ) and Im done wasting my time and my money....well at least my time . I toss that into an IRA now. Im always going to play but less and less. I have kids and run an extremely high volume practice. Its all priorities bro

Originally Posted by joshhleee
Oh man you should see the things I've been through.. Lugs snapping, tire popping on the freeway going 80, getting a flat right after mounting my new wheels on my new tires, header check engine light, headlight installation, trunk not fitting right.. the list goes on and on.. It takes patience and a lot of money, but now everything is perfect!
Josh I could tell you stories that would make your toes curl. Man dont even get me started LOL me and RedlineAZ hung out and we went over all the drama I have had with modding my cars and he was amazed.

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
After as much tracking as you do with your F you won't want to go back to the stock bushings Fingers crossed you won't have any issues with yours, they are really a quality made part and not too many things that could go wrong with them to tell you the truth. These put the stock bushings to shame and they belong in the trash after you put these things on
I think your right bud. Gulp !! The SA just left me a voicemail telling me the car is ready !! LOL wish me luck.
Old 07-21-15 | 05:29 PM
imp0rted1
Pole Position

false alarm

after checking all the bolts the spindle nut on the drivers side was really loose. tightened to spec, the car is silent now

thanks all

USRS
Old 07-21-15 | 06:45 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I8ABMR'S ULTIMATE STEERING RESPONSE SYSTEM REVIEW

Just got back from a 45 minute drive that involved very high speed desert highways ( the kind that undulate and curve because there is rarely any patrol), did some surface streets and took a bunch of speed bumps.

Let me start off by saying the car feels great !! I am so amazed and surprised at how this little bushing could effect so many facets of the feel of the car. Albeit not a revolution, this is an must do mod in my book. As an eye Dr I would describe it as adaption. Your blurry vision was fine until you got it corrected with that new pair of glasses or contacts and WOW!!... what a difference . We all get used to what we have so sometimes an improvement is not appreciated until it's changed because before the change we were well adapted and it was fine.

OBSERVATIONS AFTER INSTALL :

1. the wheel feel slightly more weighted ( 10% ).

2. The steering feel under load ( cornering ) feels more direct . Meaning small changes in the steering input can be felt easier .

3. The brake pedal feel way more solid. This is easily the top 2 of the larger improvement you will notice . I thought it was kind of odd when I read someone else make the same comment, but the brake pedal feel more direct. You don't need to press harder, but when you do you feel like the pedal modulation with your foot is more direct to the caliper. ( less squishiness ).

4. Also feel like the car doesnt dive as much under hard braking. I even tried to simulate a track stop from 110mph down to 0mph and the nose feels flatter. If someone said the ISF dives under extreme braking before I did the USRS I would have said the person was nuts. But it does. Again because we adapt and get used to what we have you dont realize it until its corrected ( think about the new eye glasses example )

5. The car feel significantly more stable at high speed. I noticed this when doing triple digit speeds on a smooth highway that went up and down and side to side . When you turn the wheel the car feels tighter and more direct.

6. That numb first inch of steering when you turn the wheel seems reduced also. ( maybe 20%)

7. When I got home I told my wife the car almost feels like you went to a 1mm thicker sway bar. It feels more planted in the front and feels like it even rolls slightly less.

8. As far as added NVH ,I would say what you would feel is like if you added 3-4 psi to your tires. Just a touch firmer over uneven surfaces but barely.

When I looked at my old bushings I could actually push the rubber in with my fingers. With the USRS it would be impossible, especially with the thrust plate added in this particular design . Even if these bushing did nothing to enhance the life of the front tire it is still 100% worth the mod just for the added steering and brake feel alone . I cant comment on the tire life but just after one long drive I am satisfied.

Just like the F sport rear sway bar was a no brainer mod and corrected the issue with under steer so is the RR Racing USRS in my book. The USRS will alleviate the inner tire wear while also making the car feel like the next level up in terms of steering and brake response and feel. It does feel more like a BMW ( but our F's will not brake down ). I think RR Racing needs to change the name to ULTIMATE STEERING RESPONSE AND BRAKE FEEL ENHANCEMENT SYSTEM.

Great mod, great price, great company, and great customer service . I am sold.

Last edited by I8ABMR; 07-22-15 at 12:10 AM.
Old 07-21-15 | 07:59 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

^^^^^

Thought you might like them! I can only imagine how the car will perform when you get it on the track next time.
Old 07-21-15 | 08:28 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
^^^^^

Thought you might like them! I can only imagine how the car will perform when you get it on the track next time.
Man , you were 100% right. I am actually looking forward to driving the car tomorrow to work. I drove it a lot after I left the dealer. I went about as out of the way to get as was humanly possible and then went a little further. Even drove the car with the windows down over speed bumps and all is quiet and smooth.
If I could push the oem bushing in with my fingers inside a cooled work shop while out of the car for hours, then what the hell would it do at 110 mph in 100 degree weather while I try to stomp on the brakes and haul down the speed on literally a 2 ton missile ( with me behind the wheel ). I want to see the video of that LMAO.

I got my new PSS tires 3k miles ago and I already have more inner tire wear in front , but even if these bushing did nothing for tire wear. they are TOTALLY worth it
Old 07-21-15 | 08:41 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

^^^^

Agreed! Kind of shocking that Lexus (suspension engineering team or whoever) allowed such a soft and frankly a dangerous part to be put on the IS F! Coming down from high speed before felt pretty unstable and scary. Talk about a cost cutting measure on their part!
Old 07-21-15 | 10:13 PM
SubOrbital
Lead Lap

More interested now that there's talk of both better steering and braking. The pedal in this car isn't bad, but it's a bit vague. The whole front end is really, IMO though I'm no track warrior. I'll have to put these on the list for next spring.
Old 07-21-15 | 11:59 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SubOrbital
More interested now that there's talk of both better steering and braking. The pedal in this car isn't bad, but it's a bit vague. The whole front end is really, IMO though I'm no track warrior. I'll have to put these on the list for next spring.
honestly I think you will feel it in the braking more than the steering weighting. Also driving on a curved road at very high speeds feels so easy. Again, it was never bad, but now it is absolutely better. Like I said its the kid of of improvement you wont really appreciate until you add the bushings. The car just feels tighter and steering and brakes feel more direct. The added NVH on the smoother roads I have been on is a joke.

Quick Reply: Just installed the Ultimate Steering Response System (USRS) from RR-Racing.