IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Well, that escalated quickly! Saying goodbye to the ISF.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-15, 10:37 PM
Quadrphnia
Advanced

Received 133 Likes on 87 Posts

If you end up missing your F, please be honest enough to come back and tell us like a few others that have. =)
Old 08-08-15, 11:03 PM
Seattle996
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understand where your head is at. I've owned 2 996TT's in the last 10 years.. And I've regretted getting rid of them. I've been looking to get into a 997TT but the dollar is just too high. I've thought of going your route, I've also considered very heavily the 2011+ IS F.

The problem is that there are so many nice cars out there now.. We are in a time where there are just too many fun cars that used to be 100K or so that are now around 50K or less. Your talking cars that are pushing around 500hp.. just too many options. I wish the IS F came in a manual transmission.. rant rant rant

Anyways.. beautifull Pcar.. you will enjoy it everytime you sit down in it for a drive.
Old 08-08-15, 11:30 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Congrats on the new Porsche
Old 08-09-15, 12:10 AM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Congrats on the new car.
Old 08-09-15, 05:21 AM
spddemon
Pole Position

Congrats Vbb! No doubt you will enjoy that 911. You pulled that trigger fast, I just barely started my search ...lol
Old 08-09-15, 05:37 AM
Bigcloud
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Awesome purchase vbb!!! Now time to join the PCA and find your region. I believe you would be Zone 2 or Mid-Atlantic. Great group of guys and have awesome instructors to get you started driving your Porsche on the track! Message me if you want more details.
Old 08-09-15, 07:46 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Thanks all!

Originally Posted by primecut
Congrats, nice turbo wheels on it, looking great! How's the Tubi, it's really raspy right?
Hard to describe. It's not as throaty as the ISF V8 with JoeZ, that's for sure. It's got a nice rumble to it at idle and then at full throttle it's higher pitched and louder. Maybe raspy, but not in a 4-cyl modded Civic type of way.

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Big Congrats.... I hope you are planning to attend our track event on the 12th? This would be a great first track day for it:-)
-Rafi
I wish, but no, I can't make it.

Originally Posted by Whteknight
Congrats!! Where in VA are you?
va beach

Originally Posted by Bigcloud
Awesome purchase vbb!!! Now time to join the PCA and find your region. I believe you would be Zone 2 or Mid-Atlantic. Great group of guys and have awesome instructors to get you started driving your Porsche on the track! Message me if you want more details.
Yeah, checked in to it and it is zone 2. I'm going to get with those folks and then try to get to something at VIR later this fall or next spring.
Old 08-09-15, 08:02 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

Congratulations on the new ride

-Mike
Old 08-09-15, 08:12 AM
Meanstreak
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Beautiful! Enjoy.
Old 08-09-15, 09:23 AM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by vbb
I should have known the minute I started seriously looking at Porsche, I'd be done.

I should have known.

Like so many little boys (and girls) that are into cars, I've always been a fan of Porsche. It's the poster that I had on my wall before you could right click "save as wallpaper." It was more of a crush than a love affair, because I was always only an admirer from afar. The hot girl in history class that I was afraid to talk to. Since I started buying my own cars rather than accepting hand-me-downs from my parents (for which I was truly grateful to have), I've always had something "sporty." RSX-S, S2000 (twice), 335i, IS-F... keeping each car for around 3 years before moving on...but I've always wanted the Porsche 911.

I still remember the day I brought my ISF home. I found the car at a broker in Georgia, had it transported to me, and could not believe it when I pulled it in to my driveway. This car has been nothing but fun over the three years that I have owned it. It was my daily for about 18 months and then more of a weekend/fun car the rest of the time. Since it's been relegated to my nice weather car, and since it doesn't have the space for us to use it as a family vehicle, my wife was the one that suggested I look at the Porsche.

Prior to this, I decided I was only going to jump in to the P-car when I could get a turbo or GT3. Well that's kind of limiting, because I'm not sure when I'm going to realistically pull the trigger on something quite that expensive as a "toy" car. I thought maybe now is the time to get my feet wet anyway, and start out with something fun and work my way up over the years.

I worked with the same guy I went to in buying my ISF--a fellow "car guy" and the sales manager at a big-box dealership here in town--and we found the right Porsche for me.

2009 Porsche 911 (997.2) with sport chrono plus, PDK, leather and some very nice mods (Tubi exhaust, H&R suspension and sways, Porsche turbo wheels, clear bra on the bumper, hood, fenders and mirror, stainless steel brake lines). I exchanged several emails with the former owner and am convinced it has been well cared for, and has seen a few track days too which actually is a plus for me knowing the type of hands it was in. The guy sold it only because he upgraded to a turbo and had all the mods done by a high-end performance shop that specializes in Porsche.

The car is every bit as fast as my ISF was with the Joe-Z exhaust. Yes, the flat six with the exhaust doesn't sound like the V8 in the ISF (more "exotic sounding") but it sounds great in its own right. I haven't really opened it up yet or put it through its paces, but this car WILL see some track time. That is where it is at home.

I'm going to miss my ISF. It was the best car I'd owned to date, and honestly, if I still needed a 4 door daily like I did when I bought it, I never would have considered anything other than maybe the GS-F down the road. I just wanted a more purpose-built full blown sports car, and this is it. I'll probably be doing no more than 5K/year on the car, so I plan on keeping it pristine... so that I can trade it in on a GT3 or Turbo in a few years.

So here it is (unwashed). The first order of business is a full on, professional detail.:

Beautiful 997. How many miles on the clock?
Old 08-10-15, 06:00 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats Kevin!!!! The 997 Turbo wheels are my favorite! Car looks to be tastefully modded too! I'd love an exhaust clip.

It has been a blast planning two mega meets with you... hopefully our paths cross and we can meet again! I guess Jason is now the sole leader of NEISF...I am sure you will be missed by the ISF community.

Enjoy the P-car in good health!