IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Better think twice before wrapping your car

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-15, 09:48 PM
SamIsf23
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by foxprime
Dang that sucks, sorry to hear man. Like everyone said, he should redo it for free at no cost. But what he's saying about charging you to redo for a supposedly "bad batch" of vinyl, that's definitely bad business etiquette right there.

Rate him on Yelp? It'll help other potential customers too.
Thx bro. He won't redo it. To me is like this, if someone take 4 days to respond back. That lead me to think, it could be bad vinyl. If I didn't write this about him. I don't know long I have to wait for his response. On IG he just be putting words in my mouth. Talking about i try to make him redo it for free. I have the text to prove it. I was waiting for a text back to see how we going to fix this. But, instead he attack me on IG. In the beginning of my article, I didn't mention his name or shop cuz I didn't want to hurt his business until I get a real answer. I guess he did it himself by putting his name out there now.
Old 08-13-15, 11:50 PM
93MSB
Instructor

Received 157 Likes on 102 Posts

it appears that Mike was extremely upset and so blinded by rage that he couldn't see the massive amount of auto correct errors in his post, I am praying that's the case anyway.

You also might want to tell Mike that due to his decision to call a customer out by name we now all know who did the wrap. Whether it was his fault or not I imagine anyone that sees this will be hesitant to do business with him. I wouldn't for the simple fact he took the low road against a customer.

Last edited by 93MSB; 08-14-15 at 12:08 AM.
Old 08-14-15, 08:43 PM
SamIsf23
Driver

Originally Posted by 93MSB
it appears that Mike was extremely upset and so blinded by rage that he couldn't see the massive amount of auto correct errors in his post, I am praying that's the case anyway.

You also might want to tell Mike that due to his decision to call a customer out by name we now all know who did the wrap. Whether it was his fault or not I imagine anyone that sees this will be hesitant to do business with him. I wouldn't for the simple fact he took the low road against a customer.
He don't want to listen to me or his other customers that I just read on Yelp. I'm going through the same thing as these guys, Jason T and Darren N. Just like these two guys said on the review, Mike is very defensive guy when u point out his mistakes, blame you (the customer) for it, and never take fault. Mike, owner of Mv Wraps from El Monte, CA. Got 15 reviews, 13 good reviews for small jobs. Like wrapping the car roof and clear bra. But, when it come to wrapping the whole car, is just all BAD! Smh
Old 08-15-15, 12:32 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

So blasting a customer via social media and instead of offering some advice, he "kindly" asks a fellow CL member to post on his behalf. It's not even about re-doing the work at this point. One bad review or an unhappy doesn't make or break a business, but consistency is the key. It's really unfortunate to have it get to this point. There will unlikely be any resolution, but now anyone associated will be left with a bitter feeling towards the other.

No worries, Sam. The wrap can be redone, and definitely better than before. There are countless car wrap places, including some as vendors here on CL. Looking forward to seeing this in person to see how we can positively rectify the situation.
Old 08-15-15, 02:23 AM
Fsport2UR
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A lot of these guys that do these side jobs aren't real business guys to begin with, they think once a job is done they're in the clear, when in truth, good customer service is when **** happens involving their work and they fix it.
Old 08-15-15, 09:40 AM
ISFJames
Rookie

Damn thats terrible. Ill be sure to let anyone I know not to see this dude for wraps.
Old 08-15-15, 09:59 AM
SamIsf23
Driver

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
So blasting a customer via social media and instead of offering some advice, he "kindly" asks a fellow CL member to post on his behalf. It's not even about re-doing the work at this point. One bad review or an unhappy doesn't make or break a business, but consistency is the key. It's really unfortunate to have it get to this point. There will unlikely be any resolution, but now anyone associated will be left with a bitter feeling towards the other.

No worries, Sam. The wrap can be redone, and definitely better than before. There are countless car wrap places, including some as vendors here on CL. Looking forward to seeing this in person to see how we can positively rectify the situation.
Thx bro and that's what I'm talking about. I was trying to find answer, so that's way I'm here for the members opinions.
Old 08-15-15, 10:04 AM
SamIsf23
Driver

Originally Posted by Fsport2UR
A lot of these guys that do these side jobs aren't real business guys to begin with, they think once a job is done they're in the clear, when in truth, good customer service is when **** happens involving their work and they fix it.
that's so true bro.
Old 08-15-15, 10:11 AM
SamIsf23
Driver

Originally Posted by ISFJames
Damn thats terrible. Ill be sure to let anyone I know not to see this dude for wraps.
Thx bro, let them know and I'll also post some more pics That I didn't talk about yet
Old 08-15-15, 10:38 AM
SamIsf23
Driver

Originally Posted by SamIsf23
Thx bro, let them know and I'll also post some more pics That I didn't talk about yet
Here a pic that I was talking about when I had to go to him three times to get it fix. After the third times, I stop contacting him. I was not please what he did to fix it. As you can see, he cut a little small long piece and try to cover the mistake going across my rear bumper. Dude, I was so mad that day, I couldn't say anything. I jump into the car and drove off.
Attached Thumbnails Better think twice before wrapping your car-image.jpg  
Old 08-15-15, 10:56 AM
kiryu
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh damn..that looks horrible..almost like rust from the pictures
Old 08-15-15, 11:13 AM
SamIsf23
Driver

After a week of being wrap, I see this damage on my car. I took it back to him to see and he blame me for it. This's what he said 'is because your car is lowered that's why it happen or maybe you hit a pot hole. I took his word for it and I accepted. Until I got home I really thought about it. I don't remember hitting a pothole and if lowering my car cause this. Why didn't he tell me that before he wrapped. If I knew this ahead time, I would have not wrapped my car.
Attached Thumbnails Better think twice before wrapping your car-image.jpg  
Old 08-15-15, 04:36 PM
liquidtek
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

don't see how that damage could have been your fault from being dropped. it probably was there the entire time you just overlooked it. those types of defects are avoidable but that is the nature of the beast with vinyl. vinyl unlike paint doesn't just coat, it takes some finess to massage it around corners and such. sometimes patches and wrinkles happen and are unavoidable because it can only stretch and bend so far before it rips. I just spent the morning re-wrapping my fender and bumper after someone backed into my daily s2k a few weeks ago.
Old 08-16-15, 11:55 AM
SamIsf23
Driver

Originally Posted by kiryu
oh damn..that looks horrible..almost like rust from the pictures
Yeah it look really nasty!
Old 08-16-15, 12:01 PM
SamIsf23
Driver

Originally Posted by liquidtek
don't see how that damage could have been your fault from being dropped. it probably was there the entire time you just overlooked it. those types of defects are avoidable but that is the nature of the beast with vinyl. vinyl unlike paint doesn't just coat, it takes some finess to massage it around corners and such. sometimes patches and wrinkles happen and are unavoidable because it can only stretch and bend so far before it rips. I just spent the morning re-wrapping my fender and bumper after someone backed into my daily s2k a few weeks ago.
Oh ic. Thx for the info. Nice s2k btw. I used to have a AP2, love that car. But, when u have kids I had to give it up lol