IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

08 IS-F owners with sticky dash door panels chime in!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-18, 07:38 AM
wmjeffreyw
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Although not cracked, my door panels were beginning to become sticky when exposed to sunlight and became very dull in color. After doing a little research online I found a site stickingmeltingsolution. I decided the panels were either going to deteriorate away or maybe this product may bring new life to my door panels. Well it has been over a month since I applied the conditioner and protectant and my panels have their luster back and no longer get sticky when exposed to the sun. Use at your own risk but I am VERY happy with the results so far.

Let me add, I tried working with Lexus but was denied any assistance. Rightfully so, our cars are 10 years old but it was worth the try.

Last edited by wmjeffreyw; 01-09-18 at 07:44 AM.
Old 01-09-18, 08:45 AM
socal3
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wmjeffreyw
Although not cracked, my door panels were beginning to become sticky when exposed to sunlight and became very dull in color. After doing a little research online I found a site stickingmeltingsolution. I decided the panels were either going to deteriorate away or maybe this product may bring new life to my door panels. Well it has been over a month since I applied the conditioner and protectant and my panels have their luster back and no longer get sticky when exposed to the sun. Use at your own risk but I am VERY happy with the results so far.

Let me add, I tried working with Lexus but was denied any assistance. Rightfully so, our cars are 10 years old but it was worth the try.
I'm might give this a shot, need something.
Old 01-09-18, 08:47 AM
cvt
Racer

Received 546 Likes on 362 Posts

I used CarGuys Plastic Restorer

https://www.carguysdetail.com/products/plastic-restorer

I just used this last night and it worked great on my door plastic panels!

Amazon Amazon

I received it on Christmas and decided to try it out. I had to really clean the plastics first and wipe them dry. Then apply the plastic restorer and buff out in 10 minutes. Feels dry and not sticky to the touch and the gray faded color is gone. Now I have to see how long this stuff lasts before I have to re-apply.
Old 01-09-18, 09:29 AM
neweyslex
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will give this a try as well. One question, is it pretty humid where you live?
Old 01-09-18, 11:11 AM
wmjeffreyw
Pit Crew

I live in southern Arizona so humidity is not an issue, but still had the sticky door panel issues. Last summer is when the deterioration was very noticeable. Prior to that I did not have any issues.
Old 01-09-18, 11:20 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,920 Likes on 1,355 Posts

^^^^ I also live in Southern Arizona, have had my '08 since new, and no issues with sticky dash or door panels.

Lou
Attached Thumbnails 08 IS-F owners with sticky dash door panels chime in!!-unknown.jpeg  
Old 01-09-18, 06:15 PM
neweyslex
Driver

Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^ I also live in Southern Arizona, have had my '08 since new, and no issues with sticky dash or door panels.

Lou
Lou, you are a lucky man. Mine started out like yours and it just happened one day.😔WMJ,When you applied this product, did it removed any residue and leave the hard plastic behind? Is that how it works? Do you have any picture? Sorry for so many questions man.
Old 01-09-18, 07:11 PM
wmjeffreyw
Pit Crew

The surface is left intact. The product appeared to have reconditioned it. As an experiment, I exposed my drivers side door to sunlight for a good 20min. The only spot that became sticky and shiny was a small area I missed along the door tweeter. It is almost too good to be true. I just hope the results last.

The product comes from China and came in two poorly labeled glass containers which I found odd but again so far I am happy with the results. Sure beats the alternative. As I stated earlier I ordered the conditioner and the protectant. The protectant seemed to be key in giving the panel a stock look in-terms of texture. The conditioner alone made the surface more shiny then my dash. Once I applied the conditioner the texture matched my dash.
Attached Thumbnails 08 IS-F owners with sticky dash door panels chime in!!-photo755.jpg   08 IS-F owners with sticky dash door panels chime in!!-photo202.jpg   08 IS-F owners with sticky dash door panels chime in!!-photo254.jpg   08 IS-F owners with sticky dash door panels chime in!!-photo561.jpg  

Last edited by wmjeffreyw; 01-09-18 at 07:24 PM.
Old 01-09-18, 09:00 PM
neweyslex
Driver

The surface is left intact. The product appeared to have reconditioned it. As an experiment, I exposed my drivers side door to sunlight for a good 20min. The only spot that became sticky and shiny was a small area I missed along the door tweeter. It is almost too good to be true. I just hope the results last.

The product comes from China and came in two poorly labeled glass containers which I found odd but again so far I am happy with the results. Sure beats the alternative. As I stated earlier I ordered the conditioner and the protectant. The protectant seemed to be key in giving the panel a stock look in-terms of texture. The conditioner alone made the surface more shiny then my dash. Once I applied the conditioner the texture matched my dash.
Awesome! Thanks for the details.
Old 01-11-18, 10:15 PM
socal3
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

so it was the stuff from stickysolutions.com? Just about to try it my panels were like yours fine for a few years then last year all hell broke loose haha. It doesn't help that its 110 also all summer with no shade where i work.
Old 01-11-18, 10:26 PM
wmjeffreyw
Pit Crew

Yes it was from stickymeltingsolution.com.
Old 03-30-18, 09:44 PM
neweyslex
Driver

Yes it was from stickymeltingsolution.com.
How are the panels holding up for you?
Old 03-30-18, 09:49 PM
neweyslex
Driver

Originally Posted by cvt
I used CarGuys Plastic Restorer

https://www.carguysdetail.com/products/plastic-restorer

I just used this last night and it worked great on my door plastic panels!

https://www.amazon.com/CarGuys-Plast.../dp/B071FRWWRF

I received it on Christmas and decided to try it out. I had to really clean the plastics first and wipe them dry. Then apply the plastic restorer and buff out in 10 minutes. Feels dry and not sticky to the touch and the gray faded color is gone. Now I have to see how long this stuff lasts before I have to re-apply.
CVT, has the stickiness returned?
Old 03-30-18, 10:04 PM
semnosNSX
Advanced

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

I definitely need to try this stuff! My panels have started to become sticky.
Old 03-31-18, 03:00 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 358 Likes on 207 Posts

Yall need to find a dealership that cares about YOU

I recently got my panels replaced after being denied by Lexus corporate. **** Lexus corporate. I can't believe they didn't include the IS-F in the recall. Lexus has gone down hill dramatically.

I got my sales lady who has been with Lexus for thirty years to help me out and they agreed to replace my dash board and door panels (all four).

Shout outs to West Side Lexus and Mary. She is truly a gem. She's the ONLY reason I still buy Lexus automobiles

Aside from her, Lexus dealers have their heads up their asses so far that they look like Mercedes.

Quick Reply: 08 IS-F owners with sticky dash door panels chime in!!