IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Lexus of Canada - Warranty/Modifications

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-15, 01:45 PM
lorenr
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts
Unhappy

I've worked on cars all my life. I raced a Plymouth Super Stock until 1987. I built the cars, motors, transmissions, and suspensions.

Nitrous Oxide is a really bad idea. Even in the best of hands it damages the motor as well as the rest of the drive train. I would never buy a car that has used it. If you need to use nitrous oxide, build a dedicated race car.

If I was the dealership, I would also void the warranty and not reinstate it even if it was removed.

That stuff will ruin an otherwise fine car.

Loren

Old 09-10-15, 04:56 PM
Bakewalk
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lorenr
I've worked on cars all my life. I raced a Plymouth Super Stock until 1987. I built the cars, motors, transmissions, and suspensions.

Nitrous Oxide is a really bad idea. Even in the best of hands it damages the motor as well as the rest of the drive train. I would never buy a car that has used it. If you need to use nitrous oxide, build a dedicated race car.

If I was the dealership, I would also void the warranty and not reinstate it even if it was removed.

That stuff will ruin an otherwise fine car.

Loren

To each their own... I can afford it and another if I feel like it... LOL
Old 09-12-15, 09:27 PM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bakewalk
To each their own... I can afford it and another if I feel like it... LOL

LOL I heard it's especially hard on rear tries.
Old 09-13-15, 01:36 PM
Bakewalk
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sylvan
LOL I heard it's especially hard on rear tries.
LOL, so true...
Old 09-14-15, 09:55 PM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I went to Royal Oak for a service today, they were really good it was a totally different experience than Calgary Lexus. Everyone in the entire place says hi to you several people chatted me up about my car and the mods done to it. Calgary Lexus seems too busy and you're a burden to their day. They also have a couple spots to watch TV so I waited for the car and sat upstairs with a TV to myself. They also detail the car inside and out the only down side to this is the service and detail took 2hrs which if you are dropping off would be fine anyway.

The only negative is I have the key card and I asked for it after I paid and the service advisor said its in the car. He went over a few deals they have and then he walked me out to my car and we got talking about cars then I got in started the car and drove away. When I got home I realized I didn't ask where in car the key was, I looked in the obvious spots, cup holder, ash tray centre console then between the seats in the seat cracks... Nothing, so I tried to start the car again and no key detected. I thought I hope they didn't set it on the roof and I drove away with it up there, then I spotted it on the windshield cowl no idea why anyone would set it on the windshield cowl instead of in the cup holder or on the dash. Anyway It stayed there for the 50km I drove home in the rain.... Lucky it rode or I would have been looking for a replacement or been back to dealing with Calgary Lexus and their crap service again. Aside from that it was a very pleasant experience overall and it's a farther drive for me but I will be going back.
Old 09-15-15, 05:52 PM
Bakewalk
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sylvan
I went to Royal Oak for a service today, they were really good it was a totally different experience than Calgary Lexus. Everyone in the entire place says hi to you several people chatted me up about my car and the mods done to it. Calgary Lexus seems too busy and you're a burden to their day. They also have a couple spots to watch TV so I waited for the car and sat upstairs with a TV to myself. They also detail the car inside and out the only down side to this is the service and detail took 2hrs which if you are dropping off would be fine anyway.

The only negative is I have the key card and I asked for it after I paid and the service advisor said its in the car. He went over a few deals they have and then he walked me out to my car and we got talking about cars then I got in started the car and drove away. When I got home I realized I didn't ask where in car the key was, I looked in the obvious spots, cup holder, ash tray centre console then between the seats in the seat cracks... Nothing, so I tried to start the car again and no key detected. I thought I hope they didn't set it on the roof and I drove away with it up there, then I spotted it on the windshield cowl no idea why anyone would set it on the windshield cowl instead of in the cup holder or on the dash. Anyway It stayed there for the 50km I drove home in the rain.... Lucky it rode or I would have been looking for a replacement or been back to dealing with Calgary Lexus and their crap service again. Aside from that it was a very pleasant experience overall and it's a farther drive for me but I will be going back.
Thank you very much for this incite. I will definitely be brining my service to Royal Oak next time I'm in town for sure.