IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

haters hating already :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-15, 08:48 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by blackisF08
yes but it was full at the time and didn't have room to put my baby in it.
Didn't mean to give you a hard time or anything.
Old 08-31-15, 09:17 AM
One2beH8ed
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

another guy on here just had the same thing happen. Just find a good detailer and they will be able to get it out. There are magicians out there.

Sorry to hear about this. People really are terrible in this world. What enjoyment doesn't someone get out of this?

Also I wanted to let everyone know that sometimes stickers, license plates or the way you drive may cause these issues. I have heard of people keying cars over a football team they hated, or a presidential sticker on a car. I'm saying this to say be careful what you put on car and how you drive. People have road rage, will follow you home and destroy what you love most. I'm sure you guys are all aware of this. Just my thoughts.
Old 08-31-15, 01:38 PM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

That stinks and we all want to believe people that do things like this will have charma come back and bite them. Hell, maybe life already had and they are taking it out on your car, who knows but we all know they are @#$^oles.

I know it is a weak consolation, but i would rather have a bumper dropped and repainted over other body parts. Call me whatever but with the advancements of paint technology, matching techniques, computers, lifetime warranties and stuff having bumpers repainted is not too difficult and I think I paid $300-$350 each when I did mine and have had mine repainted on my other cars. That said, you still should not have to deal with this crap!

I have had both my front and rear bumpers dropped and repainted and have been very pleased. Believe it or not, AutoNation did a very good job and I was in and out in one day with a preset appointment. I believe they even offered to do it for $100 less by not dropping the bumpers. I have read dropping and reinstalling these bumpers, especially the rear are pretty easy so you may want to pursue that route of dropping it yourself and taking it to get painted then reassemble. I bet you could have it done for half what I paid for my laziness and the inability to even tie my own shoes with my two left mechanically uninclined thumbs.
Old 08-31-15, 03:18 PM
F Monster
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Man seeing this makes me so angry. On the bright side (if you really consider it one), is black paint is easier to match compared to Starfire Pearl (which I don't think anyone can really match other than if Lexus paints it again).
Old 09-01-15, 07:57 AM
One2beH8ed
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Snow
Man seeing this makes me so angry. On the bright side (if you really consider it one), is black paint is easier to match compared to Starfire Pearl (which I don't think anyone can really match other than if Lexus paints it again).

NOt to get off subject here. How do you get the F symbol in your signature. I just want to put a picture of my car and it for some reason wont let me. I have it below the actual pixels that you can use. Can you help.

Also to talk about paint matching. I had the roof spoiler added, it looks good sometimes and sometimes it really stands out as it doesn't match. Is SFP going to be that hard to match? Im guessing so since its such a distinct color.
Old 09-01-15, 08:34 AM
teamcalvin
Pole Position

Wow thats terrible.. hopefully you find the person
Old 09-01-15, 10:13 AM
F Monster
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by One2beH8ed
NOt to get off subject here. How do you get the F symbol in your signature. I just want to put a picture of my car and it for some reason wont let me. I have it below the actual pixels that you can use. Can you help.

Also to talk about paint matching. I had the roof spoiler added, it looks good sometimes and sometimes it really stands out as it doesn't match. Is SFP going to be that hard to match? Im guessing so since its such a distinct color.
Go into your User CP and go to 'Edit Signature' then below 'Edit Signature' Box there should be a field for you to either use an image from a URL or upload it from your computer. Just upload it and hit save and it should display in your signature box.

Also yes, SFP is a very hard color to match. I haven't really seen a perfect matched wald spoiler for SFP yet. When I bought my F from the previous owner, he had a GTR also on pearl white and his color was more dull and less vibrant compared to mine. His GTR seems more to be an 'off-white' pearl if that makes sense~
Old 09-01-15, 11:40 AM
One2beH8ed
Lead Lap

Go into your User CP and go to 'Edit Signature' then below 'Edit Signature' Box there should be a field for you to either use an image from a URL or upload it from your computer. Just upload it and hit save and it should display in your signature box.

Also yes, SFP is a very hard color to match. I haven't really seen a perfect matched wald spoiler for SFP yet. When I bought my F from the previous owner, he had a GTR also on pearl white and his color was more dull and less vibrant compared to mine. His GTR seems more to be an 'off-white' pearl if that makes sense~

Yea I have done it a million times and It wont post a pic. Oh well no big deal.

Well I was going to do a wald. Now I am really scared to get one painted if it isn't going to match correctly. Cant you just get the paint straight from lexus?
Old 09-03-15, 11:47 AM
SatComm302
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also I wanted to let everyone know that sometimes stickers, license plates or the way you drive may cause these issues. I have heard of people keying cars over a football team they hated, or a presidential sticker on a car. I'm saying this to say be careful what you put on car and how you drive. People have road rage, will follow you home and destroy what you love most. I'm sure you guys are all aware of this. Just my thoughts.
I'm sure you have good intentions, but free speech is what makes our country great. I'm not going to live my life in fear of someone getting mad at me over my opinion. If they think that they need to do something to me, my loved ones or my property, I'll deal with them or it at that time.
Old 09-04-15, 09:40 AM
justinco
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want, I can try to polish it down for you (so it is less noticeable). Key marks usually cannot be polished out (depending how deep they are), but can be filled with touch up paint then sanded/polished down. Bumpers are more difficult but I can give a go if you want (I am a part time detailer).
Old 09-05-15, 11:40 PM
Lexgendboi
Driver

WTF....this ****** happened again to us??? I just had my share of "hater" experience few weeks back and now reading and seeing this make me sick...I bought dash cam now to record front and rear. Although it wont stop the hater but at least and hopefully would catch his face. Your bumper definitely need more than just sand and buff. Worst scenario, get a new painted bumper from Sewell or Toms rear diffuser to hide it up(if you've been wanted a rear diff and given it can cover these scratch marks completely). So sorry that you have to go through this. It sucks that we have to waste our hard earned money and time for these matters. Good luck bud.
Old 09-07-15, 10:04 PM
blackisF08
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by 2URGSE
Didn't mean to give you a hard time or anything.
no hard feeling bro, i knew that questions was gonna come. it is all good no worries
Old 09-07-15, 10:07 PM
blackisF08
Instructor

another guy on here just had the same thing happen. Just find a good detailer and they will be able to get it out. There are magicians out there.

Sorry to hear about this. People really are terrible in this world. What enjoyment doesn't someone get out of this?

thanks. i was thinking about doing vanity plates with the local football team but chose against any of those things for the same reasons of haters hating. just gonna keep plates as normal as possible.
Old 09-07-15, 10:11 PM
blackisF08
Instructor

Originally Posted by mr2dave
That stinks and we all want to believe people that do things like this will have charma come back and bite them. Hell, maybe life already had and they are taking it out on your car, who knows but we all know they are @#$^oles.

I know it is a weak consolation, but i would rather have a bumper dropped and repainted over other body parts. Call me whatever but with the advancements of paint technology, matching techniques, computers, lifetime warranties and stuff having bumpers repainted is not too difficult and I think I paid $300-$350 each when I did mine and have had mine repainted on my other cars. That said, you still should not have to deal with this crap!

I have had both my front and rear bumpers dropped and repainted and have been very pleased. Believe it or not, AutoNation did a very good job and I was in and out in one day with a preset appointment. I believe they even offered to do it for $100 less by not dropping the bumpers. I have read dropping and reinstalling these bumpers, especially the rear are pretty easy so you may want to pursue that route of dropping it yourself and taking it to get painted then reassemble. I bet you could have it done for half what I paid for my laziness and the inability to even tie my own shoes with my two left mechanically uninclined thumbs.
thanks. they quoted me $700 to do everything at my local paint shop with dropping the bumper and doing the paint. we will see if i can find a better deal but this guys are pretty good and well know in colorado. i might try autonation but i am not happy with them since i bought the car
Old 09-07-15, 10:13 PM
blackisF08
Instructor

i know it made me mad also but i am over it now. i had my old car re painted before and my grandpa noticed right away without him knowing that the car had been repainted, same black color. we will see what happens

Quick Reply: haters hating already :(