IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Home for the F almost complete, let's see yours!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-15, 05:39 PM
Byprodrive
Lexus Champion

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

1st thing I do when I buy a house is epoxy coat the garage floor tan so you can find small bolts etc.
I buy new Lexus so I have a car I only do oil changes.
I get a little more involved with the hi-performance cars
Attached Thumbnails Home for the F almost complete, let's see yours!-dsc00593.jpg   Home for the F almost complete, let's see yours!-ready-for-engine-install-001.jpg  
Old 10-01-15, 06:05 PM
maying856
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
A work in progress. I have added a bit more to this. It looks like a gallery . Even just added a nice bluetooth speaker for the garage so I have music when I wipe my car down .
I love your floor....how you do that
Old 10-01-15, 06:24 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Thanks bud. Its an epoxy coating with colored flakes on top with a clear coat. The chips add some color, pop, and it adds some grip so you don't slip if its wet. I actually had the floor guy epoxy the base of the cabinets so I can hose the garage down without damaging the cabinets. I don't work on my cars so the floor only gets dirty when it rains. LOL I even vacuum the garage and mop it every couple of months. I dont even allow the wife the put boxes or even the kids little riding toys in the garage . That crap belongs on the side of the house .

I said it was $1800 for everything but I looked and it was actually 1500 for the floor ( $500 per car area), and $1700 for the cabinets. Id say all in all everything with the photos and frames was maybe $4000.
Old 10-01-15, 09:18 PM
INTMD8
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice stuff in here!

I guess technically this wouldn't be the 'home' of my ISF but it will be worked on here. Still more to do but it's getting there...

Old 10-01-15, 09:21 PM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by INTMD8
Nice stuff in here!

I guess technically this wouldn't be the 'home' of my ISF but it will be worked on here. Still more to do but it's getting there...

That looks like a NASA clean room! Awesome
Old 10-01-15, 09:49 PM
Byprodrive
Lexus Champion

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by INTMD8
Nice stuff in here!

Hockey rink!
Old 10-02-15, 07:57 AM
Blizzard81
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are some nice looking garages seen here!

Here are some photos of mine. I still have to finish up the walls. I was lucky to get high ceilings (almost 12 feet) in a home in the city.

When not in use this is my giant workbench

The F's usual winter spot

Gotta epoxy the floors (100% epoxy for longevity)... notice the color matching

The view from above... the F is hiding on the other left side.
Old 10-02-15, 07:58 AM
Twotwo
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My baby

Old 10-02-15, 03:01 PM
magne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Only an f-sport from lexus in the garage, but the point here was the garage itself.

Mine has gone from this, to this in the last couple of years. Paint, epoxy, ikea kitchen cabinets, good lighting and some other stuff.

Old 10-02-15, 04:58 PM
kevings03
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love a good garage thread..... believe it or not there's actually forums dedicated to garage construction/showing off your pics.

When I first bought this house the garage was about as bare as it could be. Pretty much a plain 2 care garage with no drywall and visible studs. First thing I did was the drywall including building a ventilated enclosure around the water heater. Next, I did the the ceiling, and the recessed lights. After that, I did the epoxy floor....2 base coats, white flake, smaller amount of metal flake and even some glow in the dark flake ( Yeah, I went a little crazy here ). During the day it glimmers kind of like a newly put down sidewalk. At night it glows, especially just after I turn off the lights. In fact, it glows enough that you can walk around in there at night, and not bump into things.

Kept tweaking things here and there....like adding wall cabinets for storage. I also recently added a computer monitor that's fed by a roku. I have that hooked up to some MTX garage speakers and a 15inch powered sub. I always have some music or a movie going out there while I'm doing things.

Eventually, I'd like to add a nice Lexus polished aluminium sign. I see them on ebay for around $100, and sooner or later I'll probably pick that up.

The first 2 pics were recently posted in the pics of your 4gs now thread, but I added a couple more, here....

Last edited by kevings03; 10-02-15 at 11:01 PM.
Old 10-04-15, 08:01 PM
ISF4TRACK
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sup12aman
Where did you get the IS F wall decal?

I bought it a few years ago from an Amazon vendor so I don't remember the sellers name. I think there were some on ebay as well.
Old 10-05-15, 06:23 PM
empringham
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

wow, you guys got some beautiful garage spaces, i dont quite have one yet, but i think some of you guys may like this. my father is a home builder and check out this floor we did for a client.
Attached Thumbnails Home for the F almost complete, let's see yours!-levi.jpg  
Old 10-06-15, 03:58 PM
RSee
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Work in progress...

Old 10-06-15, 04:07 PM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by RSee
Work in progress...

Nice garage. I don't know what's more impressive... The loft big enough for a monster truck or the soccer ball as big as a monster truck!!!

-Mike
Old 10-06-15, 09:04 PM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sylvan
Mine is still a work in progress. Here is a picture after I did the epoxy on the floor, the small door has a super long bay so they call it a four car garage since you could park two cars end to end.

Since this picture, I put in a TV, fridge, heavy bag and got rid of the sofa. I also have some posters up and a bunch of pictures yet to be hung.
Above is my new this is my old garage... Still miss how clean it was

Name:  image_zps2b9ce5f1.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  52.5 KB

Name:  image_zps15337a02.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  51.1 KB

Quick Reply: Home for the F almost complete, let's see yours!