IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

New IS-F owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-15, 07:38 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

I looked it up on the Lexus site and looks like there was slight tire damage, not sure if you saw that?

40000 MILE SERVICE NON WARRANTYNON OEM - CUSTOMER REQUESTS 40000 MILE SERVICE & RESET MAINTENANCE LIGHT ADVISE ON SLIGHT TIRE DAMAGE - SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE DUE TO TIME OR MILEAGE - 40000 MILE SERVICE PERFORMED
Old 09-29-15, 08:12 AM
wiloz32
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmmm i did not see that. To be honest I never been drawn to lexus or knew much about them until I saw an IS-F in person and Cupid took a shot straight to my hear hahahaha

I noticed in one of the pictures the car had service light on for oil change at 55,300k. Probably the ran over the mileage by 5k.
Old 09-29-15, 02:16 PM
wiloz32
Rookie

Team I'm sorrynto bother I just went and negotiated down with them. Pretty much they will detail the car, align the fog lamp, replace front brake pads and sell it as a certified pre owned along with two year warranty with them. Price is basically 37,900 and that includes 2,000 upside down on my trade in.

Yay or nay???
Old 09-29-15, 02:55 PM
PololoISF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yay!!!!

You can't go wrong with this car and it's an EXCELLENT price.

I just took delivery (yesterday of my 08 USB with Alpine Interior) with 79K miles and I can't stop looking at it... It was not cheap but it came with intake, headers, exhaust, brand new tires and brake pads. Actually, I like the interior more than the new ones, especially the instrument panel.

You won't regret it... GET IT...and sell the Mustang at $24K while you can... There is really nothing special about those cars...

Good luck...

Pololo
Old 09-30-15, 11:50 AM
wiloz32
Rookie

Originally Posted by PololoISF
Yay!!!!

You can't go wrong with this car and it's an EXCELLENT price.

I just took delivery (yesterday of my 08 USB with Alpine Interior) with 79K miles and I can't stop looking at it... It was not cheap but it came with intake, headers, exhaust, brand new tires and brake pads. Actually, I like the interior more than the new ones, especially the instrument panel.

You won't regret it... GET IT...and sell the Mustang at $24K while you can... There is really nothing special about those cars...

Good luck...

Pololo

How much you payed for it if you dont mind sharing?
Old 09-30-15, 12:07 PM
PololoISF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by wiloz32
How much you payed for it if you dont mind sharing?
Let's just say that it was much more than what KBB listed this car for which was $27K...

I had been searching for this exact car (color combo exterior/interior and condition) for almost 2 years... until I finally found one... The extra $$$ was easily justified by the I/H/E added, newer LED headlights, awesome interior and brand new tires. And I even had to pay for shipping as there was nothing within 1K miles of where I live.

And this IS the car that I have always wanted... sometimes trying to save 1K-2K is just not worth it.

So you are getting a HECK of a deal. Get it before it's gone...

Good luck

Last edited by PololoISF; 09-30-15 at 12:37 PM.
Old 09-30-15, 12:38 PM
wiloz32
Rookie

Let's just say that it was much more than what KBB listed this car for which was $27K...

I had been searching for this exact car (color combo exterior/interior and condition) for almost 2 years... until I finally found one... The extra $$$ was easily justified by the I/H/E added, newer LED headlights, awesome interior and brand new tires.

So you are getting a HECK of a deal.

Good luck
Thanks you. Im nervous hahahahah i'm just a normal guy who is about to get rid of a 2014 brand new car to drop 38k on a 3 year older car with twice the mileage to have a dream car before wife and kids come into my life. Just awaitin bank's check and should pick it up tomorow
Old 09-30-15, 12:58 PM
PololoISF
Driver School Candidate

Thanks you. Im nervous hahahahah i'm just a normal guy who is about to get rid of a 2014 brand new car to drop 38k on a 3 year older car with twice the mileage to have a dream car before wife and kids come into my life. Just awaitin bank's check and should pick it up tomorow
Awesome!!! Trust me... I've just had the car for 48 hours and I LOVE IT...

In my case, I had to get the car now before my older kid goes to college in 2 years. By then, I'll have no money left... so for me it was now or never...

Good Luck...!!
Old 09-30-15, 04:09 PM
wiloz32
Rookie

Awesome!!! Trust me... I've just had the car for 48 hours and I LOVE IT...

In my case, I had to get the car now before my older kid goes to college in 2 years. By then, I'll have no money left... so for me it was now or never...

Good Luck...!!
Thanks man congrats on you purchase! Man im kind of bummed. Friends and family and harrasing me for dropping almost 38k on my daily driver used 5 years old with 55.3k.
Old 09-30-15, 05:09 PM
F Monster
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Thanks man congrats on you purchase! Man im kind of bummed. Friends and family and harrasing me for dropping almost 38k on my daily driver used 5 years old with 55.3k.
Other people are not going to understand the concept of owning a dream car. Especially one that is rare like this F. Also, it's going to be super reliable so mileage shouldn't be too much of a big factor, and who cares if it's used. It's new to you.
They're probably thinking you should have gotten a brand new IS250 for the price you're dropping on this F. But it's not the same.
Old 09-30-15, 05:16 PM
wiloz32
Rookie

Originally Posted by Snow
Other people are not going to understand the concept of owning a dream car. Especially one that is rare like this F. Also, it's going to be super reliable so mileage shouldn't be too much of a big factor, and who cares if it's used. It's new to you.
They're probably thinking you should have gotten a brand new IS250 for the price you're dropping on this F. But it's not the same.
Right. Dealer gives me 2 year warranty, roadside assistance and door/ding damage with the purchase (unless they go out of business and they just grew to a bigger location) I can buy my own extended bumper to bumper for 1,400 with penfed to 5yr/100,000 miles
Old 10-01-15, 12:00 PM
wiloz32
Rookie

UPDATE: It's the moment of truth. In one hour I'm going to pick up the check from my lender and pick up the car. Any final details I should inspect? Fog Lamp should be fixed, new brake pads, oil change, cleaned up and gas up..... any reason why not drop $37,900 on an used IS F vs getting a new but crappy car?

PD: I'm really *****ing nervous/excited
Old 10-01-15, 12:19 PM
96300NAZ
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm guessing you've got a 300zx going by your forum handle.
Old 10-01-15, 12:20 PM
PololoISF
Driver School Candidate

UPDATE: It's the moment of truth. In one hour I'm going to pick up the check from my lender and pick up the car. Any final details I should inspect? Fog Lamp should be fixed, new brake pads, oil change, cleaned up and gas up..... any reason why not drop $37,900 on an used IS F vs getting a new but crappy car?

PD: I'm really *****ing nervous/excited
Post pics as soon as you get it. You will NOT regret this decision.

Old 10-01-15, 12:24 PM
wiloz32
Rookie

Post pics as soon as you get it. You will NOT regret this decision.

Yes! I had one :'( i miss it so much. I needed a daily driver so I got an Honda Accord V6 (didnt filled that gap) then the mustang gt (didnt filled that gap either) im crossing fingers the ISF does. I see it as a unique, comfortable and reliable not to mention fast car.

Quick Reply: New IS-F owner