IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

BC BR coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-15, 02:23 PM
MrFunex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BC BR coilovers

Possibly about to drop some money on a set of these to replace the standard suspension on an '08.

What are people's experiences with these, both fitting and use - I'm thinking about speccing 14Kg springs at the front and 10 at the rear.

After a softer ride with no track action predicted. Would 10kg front 8kg rear be too soft?

Can the ride height be adjusted high enough to look stock? (Previous car was so low even on highest setting and was totally impractical!)

Thanks for your advice/help!
Old 10-22-15, 02:49 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

What a good number of owners have done, myself included, was have FIGS (a vendor here on the forums) mate the BC coilovers with Swift springs at a rate of 16kg (front) and 12 (rear). This gives the very front heavy car some added stiffness. 14/10 is more than fine, but almost everyone I've come across with this set up has gone with the 16/12 combo.

Ride height can remain the same, though I would lower it slightly. The wheel gap becomes an eye sore when you look at it long enough.

Best of luck!
Old 10-22-15, 05:36 PM
subiepunk
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm on BC with swift springs 18k/14k. It honestly doesn't feel stiff to me and i feel like I could have gone stiffer and been comfortable.
Old 10-22-15, 08:34 PM
zebani
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Actually my interest from KW has been moving into BCs simply because they cost half as much and the reviews I have been reading about them are pretty good. If the OP, MrFunex, hasn't seen this thread I would recommend you to look into it.
Old 10-22-15, 09:22 PM
blckbrd
Pole Position

I agree with everything Bnizzle said. For the money, they can't be beat.
I had BCs on my first gen and I've got them on my F. I've got the Swift spring upgrade in the rates of 16/12. However, if I had to do it over I would've done the spring rates at 18/14 like Subiepunk has. They've got plenty of adjustability in both height and dampening so you can roll around at 4X4 stock height or slammed to the ground.
Good luck
Old 10-23-15, 10:44 PM
JNguyen228
Driver School Candidate

So the people that have BC's the ride quality beats the stock suspension? Because I have a 2010 ISF and the suspension is pretty horrid. Or maybe I just live in a city with ****ty roads lmao.
Old 10-23-15, 10:50 PM
916gs400
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by blckbrd
I agree with everything Bnizzle said. For the money, they can't be beat.
I had BCs on my first gen and I've got them on my F. I've got the Swift spring upgrade in the rates of 16/12. However, if I had to do it over I would've done the spring rates at 18/14 like Subiepunk has. They've got plenty of adjustability in both height and dampening so you can roll around at 4X4 stock height or slammed to the ground.
Good luck
I'm in the same situation. Thinking of getting bc. But don't know to choose 16/12 or 18/14 combo wish there was someone in my area with bc so I could get a ride.
Old 10-24-15, 12:49 AM
subiepunk
Driver

Go 18/14. You won't have to set your coils as stiff but if you get lower spring rates then you might go all stiff and not be able to go any stiffer. I'm running Figs recommended settings 9 clicks front and 12 clicks rear. Rides fine to me, I feel like I could have gone stiffer.
Old 10-24-15, 12:30 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

I'm running the BC BR's with 14/10 Swift springs.

Really pleased with them so far.

Softer over the bumps, drain grates, speed humps than stock. Mines an 08 so was pretty damn stiff before!

Having also installed the RR-Racing USRS, I'm glad I had the softer spring rates. The USRS has added a bit more stiffness to the ride, but not as much as it would have done with the 16/12 springs.

Also have the F Sport rear sway bar and Cusco front strut brace installed.

Very pleased with it on the different road surfaces. Just the track to try next.

I'd say go 14/10 to the op. Think it'll meet the criteria you gave us in your first post.

Cheers.

Peter
Old 10-24-15, 07:01 PM
zebani
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by PDP180180
I'm running the BC BR's with 14/10 Swift springs.

Really pleased with them so far.

Softer over the bumps, drain grates, speed humps than stock. Mines an 08 so was pretty damn stiff before!

Having also installed the RR-Racing USRS, I'm glad I had the softer spring rates. The USRS has added a bit more stiffness to the ride, but not as much as it would have done with the 16/12 springs.

Also have the F Sport rear sway bar and Cusco front strut brace installed.

Very pleased with it on the different road surfaces. Just the track to try next.

I'd say go 14/10 to the op. Think it'll meet the criteria you gave us in your first post.

Cheers.

Peter

Thanks for the information. I should be getting my F sport sway bar and BC coilovers within the next 2 weeks as well. I will be keeping you guys posted
Old 10-24-15, 10:55 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 221 Likes on 81 Posts

I just ordered a set of BC with the swift upgrade 16k/12k from figs and they just came in the mail earlier this week. After I throw them on (hopefully in the coming weeks), I'd be happy to share my personal feedback.
Old 10-25-15, 02:32 AM
MrFunex
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the advice guys - I'm pretty sure I'll be going for the 14/10 with swift springs then!

Might be a nice Christmas present to myself!
Old 10-25-15, 10:12 AM
zebani
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by iH8RICERZ
I just ordered a set of BC with the swift upgrade 16k/12k from figs and they just came in the mail earlier this week. After I throw them on (hopefully in the coming weeks), I'd be happy to share my personal feedback.
Though I am planning on going with 14k-10k, am also curious about 16k-12k set up. I am looking forward to hearing your experience
Old 10-25-15, 10:45 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 404 Likes on 256 Posts

Building on this thread here without starting another BC thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-or-not-3.html

What do you guys think about going with the 2013 OEM shock (Sachs) set-up with the swift springs for a lower drop mainly in the front??

I am split on the effectiveness of the BC coilover set-up from the feedback from the guys who have done the mod. If you read the link above it just shows some of the split opinions on them?

What springs rate to go with 14k/10k....16k/12k......18k/14k..... some guys think they're not worth it and if your going to do coil overs to go with Penske/Ohlins/KW V3 etc............

To go with what I said you have this link http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...xt=Read%20this. here that Lance put up for consideration????
This quote from the link/article above stood out, does the BC come with dyno plots for each unit??
"Dyno Plots

You must, must, must have dyno plots for your shocks - and not just "typical" plots, but the actual performance of each of your shocks. Anybody who cannot or will not provide you with dyno plots for your shocks is a charlatan. Running the dyno was a huge eye-opener for not only what was out there, but also on what shocks actually did.

Not only that, but you need as a minimum plots of the forces at slower speeds, around the 3 in/sec peak speed range. Plots of faster speeds are OK, but once you're over about 10 in/sec you're into "big bumps" mode and you're probably just digressing the hell out of the forces anyway. You want to see the shock operating in low speeds, and that is where I found the majority of shock-to-shock variation lived. Shocks that produce near-identical forces at high speeds can be very different at low speeds - get the low speed plots!"

What do you guys think??

Last edited by MileHIFcar; 10-25-15 at 11:08 AM.
Old 10-25-15, 07:57 PM
Reaper21
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default BC BR coilovers

If you're not tracking the car then the BC's will suffice. I have them at 14/10 and am very happy for the price.

Quick Reply: BC BR coilovers