IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ISF track day photo gallery and video thread!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-15, 11:43 PM
nyroc1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any of you IS-F track guys considered using a full race slick in stead of semi's or road tyres ?
Old 12-14-15, 11:22 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I think there are a couple of guys who do but most of us use these as daily drivers and swapping out wheels and tires is something most of us avoid. Im sure if would move me up a notch but I dont know if the suspension and seat will hold up to full slicks.

DRIVING TECHNIQUES MANUAL I FOUND ONLINE

http://www.vboxmotorsport.co.uk/inde...g-techniques-2
Old 12-14-15, 08:30 PM
nyroc1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I think there are a couple of guys who do but most of us use these as daily drivers and swapping out wheels and tires is something most of us avoid. Im sure if would move me up a notch but I dont know if the suspension and seat will hold up to full slicks.

DRIVING TECHNIQUES MANUAL I FOUND ONLINE

http://www.vboxmotorsport.co.uk/inde...g-techniques-2
OK gotcha.

The only reason I mentioned this is its what I did here in New Zealand with my Supra and the results were really worthwhile.Yeah carrying the extra set of wheels was a pain in the rear end and changing them to I agree is a hassle but the results yowza I found upwards of 5 seconds a lap over normal road tyres and 3 seconds a lap over semi's.

The performance advantage was just eye opening at first.

The real downside for me your just alot harder on gear brakes especially.
Old 12-15-15, 09:48 AM
liquidtek
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

Forgot I had taken video from when I did a "time attack". Rather be doing lapping days but it was to cheap to pass up.
Old 12-15-15, 10:31 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

^^^^ Nice driving. You handled the F very well in those tight turns. Reminds me of Forza . Very cool !! Thanks for sharing
Old 12-21-15, 11:00 AM
gshyu
Rookie

This past Saturday was my first time taking the IS-F to Buttonwillow (configuration CW13). All prior track days were done in either the S2000 or the Civic Si.

With new Bridgestone S-04s on all four corners and new pads and rotors on the front, I decided that it was time to unleash this beast and let it roam in its natural habitat.

I was only able to run in 1 session before the rain came in, but that session was pretty awesome. I did most of my laps in Sport Mode, Full Auto, but I did knock the selector over to M for a few laps. I kept traction control on, being that it was my first track day with the IS-F. I'm glad I did because I almost ate it coming out of Sunset.

I did drive one lap in the rain during the second session, but that was cut short when one of my buddies spun his S2k and wound up in the thick mud. They cleared the track so they could tow him out. I decided to head home after that.

I'm definitely looking forward to many more track days with the IS-F! This is a VERY capable track car straight out of the box.

My fastest lap was 2:19:16 - already a full 6 seconds faster than my fastest in the S2000.

Old 12-21-15, 11:55 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by gshyu
This past Saturday was my first time taking the IS-F to Buttonwillow (configuration CW13). All prior track days were done in either the S2000 or the Civic Si.

With new Bridgestone S-04s on all four corners and new pads and rotors on the front, I decided that it was time to unleash this beast and let it roam in its natural habitat.

I was only able to run in 1 session before the rain came in, but that session was pretty awesome. I did most of my laps in Sport Mode, Full Auto, but I did knock the selector over to M for a few laps. I kept traction control on, being that it was my first track day with the IS-F. I'm glad I did because I almost ate it coming out of Sunset.

I did drive one lap in the rain during the second session, but that was cut short when one of my buddies spun his S2k and wound up in the thick mud. They cleared the track so they could tow him out. I decided to head home after that.

I'm definitely looking forward to many more track days with the IS-F! This is a VERY capable track car straight out of the box.

My fastest lap was 2:19:16 - already a full 6 seconds faster than my fastest in the S2000.

Very cool !! Glad you ha d a chance to experience the full tilt of the ISF. Very cool.

I would have probably left after the rain started too. F that !! lol
Old 12-22-15, 06:34 AM
lexicon72
Intermediate

Received 167 Likes on 100 Posts

Posted earlier about my run at NCM (National Corvette Museum) Motorsports Park. Road & Track took their Performance Car of the Year test to the track with some wicked times. Track analysis attached.

Old 12-23-15, 09:29 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 92 Likes on 66 Posts

Where's the video? Facebook? Too bad I don't have facebook...lol...let me search it.
Old 01-10-16, 08:41 AM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 144 Likes on 73 Posts

condensed vid from our first track day of 2016
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 01-10-16, 12:39 PM
liquidtek
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

Nice video Mike. First time in awhile that I've seen them running the full layout. I would have came down but was last minute by the time I saw they were hosting the event. Maybe next time.
Old 01-10-16, 12:47 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 92 Likes on 66 Posts

Nice run...how fast were you at the roval? Remind me of auto club speedway.
Old 01-10-16, 02:36 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 144 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by chris07is
Nice run...how fast were you at the roval? Remind me of auto club speedway.
I try to keep it around 80 or 90 with the cold tires. It can handle more but no sense in wadding things up for fun.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 01-11-16, 05:21 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

very nice driving ! Thanks for sharing buddy. There is a schedule track day on Saturday and Im tempted to sign up. I have family flying in at 1pm and I should come off the track by 10:30. Might be cutting it too close. If I miss this one I will have to wait until mid Feb.

Im joensing for some track time
Old 01-11-16, 09:15 PM
Isfast
Lexus Test Driver

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

Quick Reply: ISF track day photo gallery and video thread!