IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Front Lip for ISF

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-16, 07:23 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 57 Posts

Not sure I think it was 4hd or something went to a local vinyl shop I found on craigslist hit up LAVinyl on IG.They had more options, but this was the one I liked most.

And yes wraps have come a very long way. I remember those vinyl cf wraps that had no gloss to them at all. If we were still at that level I would not have wrapped these pieces, but seeing as the wrapping industry has advanced, you cant really tell unless you really get up close and pay attention to the weaving of the vinyl installation. Kind of like that orange peel affect from adding a zagg iphon screen protector.

Not sure if anyone else ntoiced, but I thought mine was off I didnt put it in the sun to originate its poly shape. My driver side leaves a slight gap at the edges between the bumper and the lip of the spoiler and I see many other photos here do the same. I gotta do some minor adjustments and play around with the fitment on that side. It's not noticeable unless your a perfectionist but take a close look and you'll see what I mean...

Last edited by k20trick; 02-22-16 at 07:48 PM.
Old 02-23-16, 05:27 PM
jjdurrant
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn that looks good.. I may go this route myself using this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/24-x-60-Prem...9WtcBE&vxp=mtr
Old 02-23-16, 07:25 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by kings222
just a heads up too...I got the same exact trunk lip for my car in CF on ebay for $120 or so...looks just like yours...

Yeah been there done that, wanted to take off that replica wing off as soon as I put it on. Wasted hours peeling the oe double tape, that was the most tediuos job ever. Its a good looking replica wing just didnt like the fact that its only double sided taped on.

The oem is held but 5 snap on clips in the middle of the spoiler, two bolts on the side, as well as double sided tape. What was I thinking

The wrap is done by LAVINYL they did a very good job and had a lot of different carbon fiber options, you should shoot them a message for your wrapping as I noticed you were in CA.
Old 02-25-16, 07:25 PM
jjdurrant
Driver

I just ordered one.. I had a Bayson-R on my old Evo and it held up great.. they really need to make a Poly diffuser for us!
Yes I do have the AF1 but my driveway is just too low for a CF lip and it's already beat to hell.. plus the paint doesn't match the car.
Old 02-25-16, 08:37 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 404 Likes on 256 Posts

Agreed! Would be awesome if Bayson made diffuser at a great price like the front lip ( which I think they sold a ton of because of the affordability!) they released.
Old 02-25-16, 09:04 PM
RCFC89
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
Agreed! Would be awesome if Bayson made diffuser at a great price like the front lip ( which I think they sold a ton of because of the affordability!) they released.
Side extensions would be great. Not really in to any of the diffusers. At least not on white.
Old 02-25-16, 09:19 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 404 Likes on 256 Posts

Agreed side extensions and diffuser....... come on Bayson I'm sure you would get your return on investment from the community if priced accordingly.
Old 02-25-16, 09:23 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

Got mine on last weekend! LOVE IT for the price. Good quality feel and looks. And not sure why everyone is calling it an "eBay" lip. Just makes it sound cheap. It's a Bayson R lip for the F, lol. They have a website, that's where I got mine, not eBay (fwiw)! Lol. But def top quality for $150 and as stated, very easy decision to make on purchasing!

V.
Old 02-26-16, 12:57 PM
jjdurrant
Driver

I emailed him stating the high demand for a diffuser.. you all should do the same!

baysonr@yahoo.com
Old 02-26-16, 12:59 PM
jjdurrant
Driver

Originally Posted by Vitveet
Got mine on last weekend! LOVE IT for the price. Good quality feel and looks. And not sure why everyone is calling it an "eBay" lip. Just makes it sound cheap. It's a Bayson R lip for the F, lol. They have a website, that's where I got mine, not eBay (fwiw)! Lol. But def top quality for $150 and as stated, very easy decision to make on purchasing!

V.
FYI.. it is $10 cheaper via eBay
Old 02-26-16, 01:41 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 221 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
Agreed side extensions and diffuser....... come on Bayson I'm sure you would get your return on investment from the community if priced accordingly.

When I went to pick up my lip during the first batch that was for sale, I spoke to the owner and to the guy who was handling all of the ebay sales. He said they offer a universal ABS plastic side splitter.

He showed me this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Bo...xWO7KM&vxp=mtr

The picture shown is one of their customer's Wagon (pic taken infront of their shop... owner's vankulture van is in the background).

They measured the length of my F sideskirt and said it should fit, but he didn't give me exact measurements of the universal sideskirt they're offering. I told them they should produce CF ones or something similar and there would be a good demand, but he said creating the mold or doing anything in CF is too expensive.
Old 02-26-16, 04:15 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by jjdurrant
I emailed him stating the high demand for a diffuser.. you all should do the same!

baysonr@yahoo.com
I definitely did this when ordering from them (telling them about the demand for an affordable rear diffuser). They did say that they'd look into it. This was a little over a month ago so who knows what we may have in store, lol.
And $150-$140 is not much to complain about when I was expecting to pay $400-$600 for a front lip....can't say how much this thing looks soooo much more expensive than $140-$150. Crazy. Love it every time I walk past it! Thinking of buying another one and painting it Starfire Pearl in case I want to change from the black/factory finish to the color matching finish. Takes 5 mins to take the lip on/off with pretty much perfect fitment.

V.
Old 02-27-16, 08:53 AM
Blizzard81
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Vitveet
I definitely did this when ordering from them (telling them about the demand for an affordable rear diffuser). They did say that they'd look into it. This was a little over a month ago so who knows what we may have in store, lol.
And $150-$140 is not much to complain about when I was expecting to pay $400-$600 for a front lip....can't say how much this thing looks soooo much more expensive than $140-$150. Crazy. Love it every time I walk past it! Thinking of buying another one and painting it Starfire Pearl in case I want to change from the black/factory finish to the color matching finish. Takes 5 mins to take the lip on/off with pretty much perfect fitment.

V.
I too mentioned the possible demand for a rear diffuser. This was when i ordered my front one in Dec 2015. Here was the response at the time:
'We are glad to hear and see great feedback from all the IS-F owners with our front lip. We would love to see your IS-F with our front lip once installed as well. For a rear diffuser, we do not have any planning of such product as far as today. Further more, it's not very likely that a diffuser will be made in polyurethane due to the heat from the exhaust may possibly deform the diffuser. We will do more research and look into such matter. Thank you for your recommendation.'
Old 02-27-16, 09:05 AM
Pie
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

put my order in for the bayson r lip!
Old 02-28-16, 12:54 AM
shyguyF
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Just installed mine tonight. It fits perfectly and so easy to install.

Quick Reply: Front Lip for ISF