IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

First wreck:(

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-15, 04:08 PM
2010ISF
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default First wreck:(

what a great way to end the holiday right? Today I was following a car making a left turn throug a stop light and a drugged out bum decided to J-walk through the crosswalk on the other side when the sign clearly said not to go so the bum ended up crossing right in front of the car in front of me and the car slammed on her brakes and I tried to swerve but clipped her bumper. My car is ****ed but hers is fine. Side fender is done and the fender and pillar are shoved back so I can't open the passenger front door, headlight is smashed and there's paint missing on the corner of the hood. Idk if the front bumper needs to be replaced or not. The fender was touching the tire so I had to get it towed to the body shop... It's such a bummer because I was completely minding my own business being a safe driver and the inevitable happens... I'm so mad but there was nothing I could do in that situation... I was just trying to get some Chick Filet and this happens

Old 11-30-15, 04:24 PM
Tokenblkgy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you are safe bro, these things happen!! Just make sure they fix your baby right!! :P
Old 11-30-15, 04:26 PM
2010ISF
Driver

Originally Posted by Tokenblkgy
Glad you are safe bro, these things happen!! Just make sure they fix your baby right!! :P
Thanks man, I know a good body shop that'll take care of her but it just sucks hurting your baby hope nobody has to go thru a heartbreak like this...
Old 11-30-15, 04:28 PM
newgsman
Instructor

Received 95 Likes on 66 Posts

A real bummer indeed. Hopefully nobody got hurt.

Damage does not look real bad, at least it looks like very repairable. I hate it when they try and write off a car just to avoid having to fix it.

The worst of this is that the insurance is going to blame you pretty much 100% for the accident since it is basically a rear ender. They will say you need to keep a safe distance at all times. Ask me how I know...

Hope your car comes back good as new.
Old 11-30-15, 04:33 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 92 Likes on 66 Posts

Ouch, but at least ur ok. It could've been worst. Let the insurance handle that stuff, just enjoy the holiday season.
Old 11-30-15, 04:37 PM
2010ISF
Driver

Originally Posted by newgsman
A real bummer indeed. Hopefully nobody got hurt.

Damage does not look real bad, at least it looks like very repairable. I hate it when they try and write off a car just to avoid having to fix it.

The worst of this is that the insurance is going to blame you pretty much 100% for the accident since it is basically a rear ender. They will say you need to keep a safe distance at all times. Ask me how I know...

Hope your car comes back good as new.
Yeah everyone's okay but I wasn't going to try to get insurance to cut me some slack because I know it's all my fault unfortunately haha the lady I actually hit wanted to file a police report but what good is that going to do when a bum has no money to his name lol
Old 11-30-15, 05:42 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 73 Posts

You got lucky the hood and wheel were not damaged.
Old 11-30-15, 05:53 PM
2010ISF
Driver

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
You got lucky the hood and wheel were not damaged.
Yeah that could've been an expensive repair
Old 11-30-15, 06:07 PM
is300sport
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

find a good high end bodyshop in your area. doesn't have to be a lexus bodyshop. maybe you can use this and upgrade to LED. good luck you will be fine
Old 11-30-15, 06:36 PM
myspec15
Driver

at least you are fine take care
Old 11-30-15, 06:50 PM
Jaysmith2k
Rookie

Glad you're ok, but sux about your car. I'm so glad I'm not in Cali anymore, crazy drugged out bums everywhere!
Old 11-30-15, 07:53 PM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 2010ISF
Yeah everyone's okay but I wasn't going to try to get insurance to cut me some slack because I know it's all my fault unfortunately haha the lady I actually hit wanted to file a police report but what good is that going to do when a bum has no money to his name lol
I doubt she cares about the bum... It's you she is going after, your insurance will have to pay to fix her car. You are 100% at fault they could call it following too close or driving without due care and attention.
Old 11-30-15, 08:00 PM
scorpionge
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool

Hey at least the spider wheels were left unharmed!

Good luck dealing with the insurance, it can be a hassle.
Old 11-30-15, 09:16 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Damn! Not a good way to start the holiday season. But hey, you're safe. The accident didn't do bodily harm, and the car will be repaired. Keep hope alive. It might suck now, but better time to come. Get it in the shop ASAP and you should be able to have it back before the end of the year.

Best of luck on the repairs man!
Old 11-30-15, 10:25 PM
2010ISF
Driver

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
Damn! Not a good way to start the holiday season. But hey, you're safe. The accident didn't do bodily harm, and the car will be repaired. Keep hope alive. It might suck now, but better time to come. Get it in the shop ASAP and you should be able to have it back before the end of the year.

Best of luck on the repairs man!
Thanks man appreciate it! Hopefully some good comes out of this situation lol

Quick Reply: First wreck:(