IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Just 5 Fs hanging out in TX....

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-15, 12:58 PM
PololoISF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be going to the Cars and Coffee event at the Oasis this coming Sunday 12/13. I am usually there from 11 - 12.

Looking forward to meeting the rest of you guys...

P.
Old 12-08-15, 02:13 PM
ssis300
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I will try to make it up there as well
Old 12-08-15, 02:58 PM
calteg
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

I'd show up early if you actually want a spot out front. The place is an absolute madhouse by 9:30. I won't make it this Sunday, I'll actually be wrenching...
Old 12-08-15, 03:30 PM
PololoISF
Driver School Candidate

Hey Calteg,

I live very close to the Oasis so it takes me 5 min to get there... Where were you when I was "wrenching" 2 weeks ago? lol

You should join our Central Texas "club"... I am the only one that "works" on my car out of the club so I need to increase the number of "tech guys" so we can have our own "tech days"...

P.
Old 12-09-15, 10:22 AM
SatComm302
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We've got kids living in the ATX, so no problem having an excuse to make the trip. Put me on the list!
Old 12-09-15, 04:27 PM
calteg
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by PololoISF
Hey Calteg,

I live very close to the Oasis so it takes me 5 min to get there... Where were you when I was "wrenching" 2 weeks ago? lol

You should join our Central Texas "club"... I am the only one that "works" on my car out of the club so I need to increase the number of "tech guys" so we can have our own "tech days"...

P.
Weird, I live 5 mins away from the Oasis...how have I not seen you on 620? I avoid all social media, so I'm not sure how I would join.

Well, if you want to swing by Sunday morning and help me install my Joe Z exhaust, you're more than welcome to. I won't judge you for daydrinking. Hell, I'll probably be daydrinking.
Old 12-10-15, 01:37 PM
ssis300
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by calteg
Weird, I live 5 mins away from the Oasis...how have I not seen you on 620? I avoid all social media, so I'm not sure how I would join.

Well, if you want to swing by Sunday morning and help me install my Joe Z exhaust, you're more than welcome to. I won't judge you for daydrinking. Hell, I'll probably be daydrinking.
What time are you doing the exhaust? I wouldn't mind seeing the install and lending a helping hand!
Old 12-10-15, 02:18 PM
PololoISF
Driver School Candidate

Recommendation,

Get two new gaskets for the Header -> midpipe connections. Ask Kelly at Lakeway Lexus to get you these...

and

Get 4 new bolts and nuts for the flanges. You DO NOT want to reuse these suckers... I literally had to %$$# cut them with a dremmel as they were pretty much welded to the exhaust... This " 2 hour job" ended up taking 2 freaking days!!!

I'll stop by as well... Perhaps before the Oasis.. I live in Steiner Ranch.

P.
Old 12-10-15, 02:43 PM
USB_F
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Recommendation,

Get two new gaskets for the Header -> midpipe connections. Ask Kelly at Lakeway Lexus to get you these...

and

Get 4 new bolts and nuts for the flanges. You DO NOT want to reuse these suckers... I literally had to %$$# cut them with a dremmel as they were pretty much welded to the exhaust... This " 2 hour job" ended up taking 2 freaking days!!!

P.
Rough luck with the bolts. My Joe Z was used and I reused them as well. I didn't replace the stock gaskets at the header/midpipe as they looked ok, both times with the Borla prior to the Joe Z.
Old 12-11-15, 08:24 AM
calteg
Pit Crew

For everyone that wants to stop by, the magic starts at 8am. We'll be swapping my stock exhaust for another member's Joe Z system. PM me if ya'll are serious about stopping by.

Recommendation,

and

P.
The Joe Z system supposedly only has 2,000 miles on it. Hopefully it hasn't heat cycled enough to become welded on. Does anyone know if I can fit a full size impact gun on the header->midpipe bolts? Sometimes the exhaust itself gets in the way without a wobble socket.
Old 12-11-15, 11:13 AM
PololoISF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by calteg
For everyone that wants to stop by, the magic starts at 8am. We'll be swapping my stock exhaust for another member's Joe Z system. PM me if ya'll are serious about stopping by.

The Joe Z system supposedly only has 2,000 miles on it. Hopefully it hasn't heat cycled enough to become welded on. Does anyone know if I can fit a full size impact gun on the header->midpipe bolts? Sometimes the exhaust itself gets in the way without a wobble socket.
You can with an extension and a wobble socket. You must use a 14 mm wrench on the back of the flange (bolt head) and rotate it against the header so you can loosen up the nut. The thing is getting the car high enough off the ground so you can work on it... This was the highest I was able to in my garage...

Personally, spending $10 for new nuts and bolts is worth and you want to be prepared before they break. Use Antiseize when putting back the O2 sensors... and since you are not replacing the gaskets, get high temperature exhaust RTV... or you will get leaks...

Good luck guys...
Attached Thumbnails Just 5 Fs hanging out in TX....-isf_jackstands.jpg  
Old 12-11-15, 01:31 PM
calteg
Pit Crew

Yup, jackstands all the way on Sunday. From the looks of it, I'll have three of four helping hands though.
In case anyone is wondering, here are the part numbers for the header->midpipe fasteners:

bolt #90105-10558
nut #90179-10128
Old 12-12-15, 09:03 AM
souljah798
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Need a MM to complete the group photo....

Last edited by souljah798; 12-12-15 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Add photo
Old 12-13-15, 05:21 PM
DatMattLeX
Driver School Candidate

dope...I barely see any Fs in LA
Old 12-14-15, 09:53 AM
PololoISF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by souljah798

Need a MM to complete the group photo....
Yes!

When are you coming over?

Quick Reply: Just 5 Fs hanging out in TX....