IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

New to Club Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-16, 08:13 AM
ISFinferno
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought the brakes and air ride as a package about 8200 everything. I got sponsored by D2 Racing so they gave me at cost. you cant beat the price with a bat. haha
Old 01-15-16, 09:20 AM
Bigjon3475
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

They have 421 mm front rotors... That's insane. So, what are the stopping distances?
Old 01-15-16, 11:04 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,969 Likes on 2,403 Posts

Rotor size has nothing to do with stopping distance. The limiting factor in stopping distance is tire traction, not brake size, pad selection, or any of the other mechanical factors in the system's design. The feel may be very different, but the measured stopping distance will be the same unless you believe those who say lighter rotating mass will stop more quickly. I have my doubts about whether this is a real factor the same as I am not 100% confident lighter wheels will stop measurably better. The thing I do know for sure, the car with the most available traction will stop best in any measured test.
Old 01-15-16, 05:44 PM
H1_OFICR
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amazing ride! Never been a big fan on colored wheels bit these look amazing.!
Old 01-15-16, 06:09 PM
Flogrown
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is that outkast garage trunk?
Old 01-15-16, 08:00 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Welcome to the crew. I am loving this build. I am wondering if the chassis braces will fit with a Joe Z exhaust.
Old 01-18-16, 06:37 AM
ISFinferno
Rookie

the trunk is not from outcast its a VIS one. as for the braking I know the logic behind it but with me having wider tires and the calipers taking up almost half the rotor I can almost beg to differ as they are way better in breaking. yes of course the tires are a major factor but this do in fact stop so much better then the factory ones only because their is more surface the pads are braking against.

as for the bracing fitting on the Joe Z exhaust I have no clue. I will post a pic of the bracing and how close it is on the stock exhaust this weekend since the car is getting a twin turbo put in over the weekend and I plan on keeping the brace in place. it makes a huge difference around corners. 2 new Bog Warner turbo's coming in hahahha.
Old 01-18-16, 06:45 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFinferno
the trunk is not from outcast its a VIS one. as for the braking I know the logic behind it but with me having wider tires and the calipers taking up almost half the rotor I can almost beg to differ as they are way better in breaking. yes of course the tires are a major factor but this do in fact stop so much better then the factory ones only because their is more surface the pads are braking against.

as for the bracing fitting on the Joe Z exhaust I have no clue. I will post a pic of the bracing and how close it is on the stock exhaust this weekend since the car is getting a twin turbo put in over the weekend and I plan on keeping the brace in place. it makes a huge difference around corners. 2 new Bog Warner turbo's coming in hahahha.
Wow! You are working fast on this dude!

What are your plans output wise? Only ask as it sounds like you would have been a prime candidate for the S/C kit RR-Racing are developing for the F. They are relatively local to you as well!

Guess you're fully committed to the turbo option now though.

Please keep this thread updated, and PLEASE keep the photos coming! This should be quite the build with those BW's in place!

All the best with the work mate. Should be epic.
Old 01-18-16, 07:09 AM
ISFinferno
Rookie

Thanks PDP1. I'm not to familiar with that S/c kit your referring too. I always have options if I see something better or newer I can always jump ship. do you have any info on that.

On another topic. What would you guys think would look better. a normal stock carbon fiber hood or the one with the vents. I'm looking to order with in the next day or so.
Old 01-18-16, 07:40 AM
ISFinferno
Rookie

I saw what you where talking about. I might go the super charger route buddy. hahah
Old 01-18-16, 08:29 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

I saw what you where talking about. I might go the super charger route buddy. hahah
I will be going with the RR-Racing option when money allows!

Trust Rafi and Simon to do the legwork to get this working right.

More than can be said for any of the options offered previously.

I went for both on the hood front. Mine is full vented carbon fibre, but I had the majority of it painted SGM apart from the vents themselves (see my build thread for pictures).

Personally think it gives a nice balance.

Keep us posted on your progress.
Old 01-18-16, 09:00 AM
ISFinferno
Rookie

oh yes I called as soon as I read your thread. he said maybe with in the next month. they are working on the tune for it since they can tune the ecu. he also said maybe 6k for the whole set up. that's not bad so with that said no turbos for me this weekend that has just been put off. now I need to find the best headers and exhaust I can get for the car.
Old 01-18-16, 09:58 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

oh yes I called as soon as I read your thread. he said maybe with in the next month. they are working on the tune for it since they can tune the ecu. he also said maybe 6k for the whole set up. that's not bad so with that said no turbos for me this weekend that has just been put off. now I need to find the best headers and exhaust I can get for the car.
Headers would be Novel if I had the cash. Probably go PPE though as they have a good product with improvements on avoiding CEL issues etc.

Exhaust is a personal choice.

I love mine, but doubt we can get you one for that side of the pond!

The HKS systems seem good from what I've read? Again, money no object I'd go Titanium for looks and weight saving.

The RR S/C will probably be the best thing to come out for the F ever! Mainly because they are doing what very few have managed in over 8yrs, re-mapping the ECU successfully.

Should open the door to a whole new world of performance for the F family. Great time to be an F owner!
Old 01-18-16, 10:15 AM
ISFinferno
Rookie

I so agree but now I'm looking into exhaust. I think I would go PPE headers and a matching Exhaust. I have to see what people as saying about the different types. let me check into the HKS one. ill post up pricing when I call my guy. As for the super charger hell yeah I'm waiting on Rafi to give me all the details.
Old 03-22-16, 10:33 AM
ISFinferno
Rookie

updated pics of the car.

SLAMMED

Nice clean look. No lines or cables shown.

How low can you go. lol

Quick Reply: New to Club Lexus