IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

RCF wheels on an ISF

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-15, 06:23 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

I'm with you on this one Lou..!!! I like the Standard Wheels the Best...

Also, where was the Blue removed from.. On what True "F" Marque..??

The latest 2016 GS F to land has all the Blue.. And then some...

Brakes & Badges

Interior

Even deep in the Leather Seat Perforations...

Engine Bay

~ Joe Z

Originally Posted by flowrider
Different strokes for different folks I guess. To be honest, the poster's wheel selection certainly would not have been anywhere near my first choice, but I kept my feelings to myself in his thread. But awful, is a word I would not use to disparage anyone's choice. But, I would only own real FORGED wheels by either Volks or BBS - I demand OEM quality. And I don't want to screw around with adapter rings!

My "ghetto" wheels will be here tomorrow, and before I install the tires, I will weigh them and post results here and in the RCF section.

Of the three RCF wheel choices, I'm sure I made the best choice for me and my F. They will look perfect on an MM car. I prefer a wheel with distinct spokes and the recessed center is a nice touch. The other two choices are far to busy for me and look like they will be monsters to clean. The "ghetto" wheels look good standing still and in motion. A very simple design IMHO. The more I see of them, the more I like them.

On another note, It looks like Lexus has dropped the trademark blue from the "F" marque. No more blue stitching and the blue hallo outline is gone from the F logo. I don't know why, but that blue was an important design touch to me

Here's a video of an RCF with the standard wheels:

Lexus RC F - from the makers of the LFA - YouTube

Lou
Old 12-22-15, 06:38 PM
Tokenblkgy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Different strokes for different folks I guess. To be honest, the poster's wheel selection certainly would not have been anywhere near my first choice, but I kept my feelings to myself in his thread. But awful, is a word I would not use to disparage anyone's choice. But, I would only own real FORGED wheels by either Volks or BBS - I demand OEM quality. And I don't want to screw around with adapter rings!

My "ghetto" wheels will be here tomorrow, and before I install the tires, I will weigh them and post results here and in the RCF section.

Of the three RCF wheel choices, I'm sure I made the best choice for me and my F. They will look perfect on an MM car. I prefer a wheel with distinct spokes and the recessed center is a nice touch. The other two choices are far to busy for me and look like they will be monsters to clean. The "ghetto" wheels look good standing still and in motion. A very simple design IMHO. The more I see of them, the more I like them.

Here's a video of an RCF with the standard wheels:

Lou
These standard wheels do not do the RCF any justice it just looks Boring...as some one mentioned earlier...... Honestly the 3 wheel choices that were chosen for the RCF are just ugly in my opinion. I feel the car should have had a 2012 BBS style wheels placed with the car to flow more with the lines of car. The RCF wheels look alot better on the ISF. There are 100 difference choices of wheels i feel Lexus should have used with the RCF.. I feel a open 5 star design would have been better

Last edited by Tokenblkgy; 12-23-15 at 08:06 AM.
Old 12-22-15, 06:40 PM
Flogrown
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love the F logo on the calipers!!!
Old 12-22-15, 06:50 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,924 Likes on 1,356 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
The latest 2016 GS F to land has all the Blue.. And then some...

~ Joe Z
Must of been my imagination I could have sworn the blue was MIA

But, I don't see blue stitching or the blue accents in the leather perforations.

Lou

Last edited by flowrider; 12-23-15 at 09:26 AM.
Old 12-22-15, 08:14 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 92 Likes on 66 Posts

Off topic, Joe do u know what color orange they used for the brake caliper on the GS F? I'm really digging that with the F logo...
Old 12-22-15, 08:26 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Look great and perfect drop. How much you pay for the wheel?
Old 12-23-15, 05:41 AM
torxuvin
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not my car but I came across these on Craigslist. Look like the base wheels to me. The 20 spoke are by far the best IMO

Old 12-23-15, 12:28 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Tokenblkgy
I feel the car should have had a 2012 BBS style wheels placed with the car to flow more with the lines of car.
Oh I don't know about that Both look pretty good to me. But I'd give a slight nod to the RCF wheel.

Lou
Attached Thumbnails RCF wheels on an ISF-2013-lexus-isf-wheel-tire-brakes.jpg   RCF wheels on an ISF-rcf-wheel.jpg  
Old 12-23-15, 12:53 PM
Vervish
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 86 Posts

Although I love the more aggressive size/offset of the RCF wheels, the 2012 + ISF wheel is still my favorite for the ISF
Old 12-23-15, 01:06 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Well, the wheels just arrived - BUT the tires didn't So I gotta wait - DarnIt

They appear to be the exact same color as the '08 Wheels. They are also not visually identical on the face as the ISF wheels are. The 10" rears have a deeper mounting recess than the 9" fronts. Also, each spoke is not hollowed out in the back as with the Samurai wheel, each spoke has a solid face - front and back.

The weights are - 10" = 28.0 lbs - 9"= 25.5 lbs.

And Joe, I probably paid too much for them, $1850. with no tires. But I did get new lugs nuts and new TPMS modules and valves. The S04s are another $900. mounted and balanced.

Lou
Old 12-27-15, 10:40 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Got 'em mounted and balanced on yesterday. Looks like I have to roll the rear fender. The front wheel (sans tire) come within a hair of the upper control arm (think that's what you call it). I think the pics speak for themselves. Note the tires are S04s (255/35/19 front and 295/30/19 rear)

On another note - I've learned in this thread that wheels seems to be a very personnel thing for our members here. And some folks criticize (myself included) others in inappropriate ways. This of course causes more anger. Not healthy IMHO

Lou
Attached Thumbnails RCF wheels on an ISF-front-and-sides.jpg   RCF wheels on an ISF-side-by-sides.jpg   RCF wheels on an ISF-sides.jpg   RCF wheels on an ISF-front-wheels.jpg   RCF wheels on an ISF-rear-offsets.jpg  

RCF wheels on an ISF-rear-offset2s.jpg   RCF wheels on an ISF-new-lights.jpg  

Last edited by flowrider; 03-29-16 at 02:42 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ThisOldNSX (11-05-22)
Old 12-27-15, 11:19 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Thumbs up

^^^ Congrats Lou..!!

The Split 5 Spoke came out perfect on your IS F

Joe Z
Old 12-27-15, 04:13 PM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

Got 'em mounted and balanced on yesterday. Looks like I have to roll the rear fender. The front wheel (sans tire) come within a hair of the upper control arm (think that's what you call it). I think the pics speak for themselves. Note the tires are S04s (255/35/19 front and 295/30/19 rear)

On another note - I've learned in this thread that wheels seems to be a very personnel thing for our members here. And some folks criticize (myself included) others in inappropriate ways. This of course causes more anger. Not healthy IMHO

Lou
I was not a fan of those wheels when I first saw them on the RC-F, but I think they look much better on the IS-F

-Mike
Old 12-27-15, 04:51 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The standard wheels look the best and look good on the ISF. Nice job Flow
Old 12-27-15, 07:18 PM
STLblueF
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I like both wheels on the isf better than the rcf. Nice job guys.

Quick Reply: RCF wheels on an ISF