IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

New Budget Exhaust on the market

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-15, 07:51 PM
dcguy
Pit Crew

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Doubt its titanium like the Joe-z. Is true Joe, looks like someone picked up a set of yours and matched it up, welds aren't anywhere near as sexy either. But... that's hard to pass up for that price. As with most stuff though, you get what you pay for, then again, sometimes that isn't the case. Still to this day am happy with every penny spent on the Joe-z
Old 12-27-15, 08:53 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Uhhh the JoeZ exhaust isn't titanium either lol.
Old 12-28-15, 12:51 AM
DanISFast
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
It's even cheaper through summit @ $629 + free shipping

This might be like the front lip that everybody got (me including) for $150 that had a great fit and couldn't pass up because of the price!
Hmm...the AD says CAT-BACK.. I wonder if they meant from the first set of cats back or the 2nd set back. Could be the difference between a full exhaust or just the rear section that bolts to the factory midpipe keeping all cats in place.... Kinda like how you can get a full exhaust or just the rear section from Borla.

Someone should ask before ordering...
Old 12-28-15, 05:10 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Most likely you will have to pay a few extra $100 to get this to fit right as is most of the time with these low cost knock off brands,
Old 12-28-15, 07:30 AM
neweyslex
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys,

I've contacted Summit Racing and it seems like they don't carry this exhaust system. I'm not sure how the link provided by 21ce worked but the Summit Racing search engine does not work. Here is the representative response below.
Attached Thumbnails New Budget Exhaust on the market-summit-response.png  
Old 12-28-15, 10:57 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 404 Likes on 256 Posts

Maybe because it shows a shipping date of 1/21/16 that they couldn't find the exhaust in their system yet??
Old 12-28-15, 11:14 AM
YotaLex
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's odd. I can find this item on the Summit website. Idk why you or the Summit employee were unable.

Simply search the summit search engine for the model # of the X-force exhaust "ES-LISF-CBS"

Summit however doesn't carry this item, their being directly shipped from the manufacturer, Summit is a middle man.

I'll give it a try when I get paid this week if nobody else does.

Good luck F'ers
Old 12-28-15, 11:34 AM
DjMarkOne
Rookie

I got a reply back from snail performance since they're listed as a vendor and here's the response I got:

And that's the price shipped to the lower 48 states. Not a bad deal if you ask me.

Last edited by DjMarkOne; 12-28-15 at 11:38 AM.
Old 12-28-15, 12:21 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

^^^^^^^ Wow the price just keeps getting cheaper and cheaper! @ $594.15
Old 12-28-15, 12:57 PM
neweyslex
Driver

Originally Posted by YotaLex
That's odd. I can find this item on the Summit website. Idk why you or the Summit employee were unable.

Simply search the summit search engine for the model # of the X-force exhaust "ES-LISF-CBS"

Summit however doesn't carry this item, their being directly shipped from the manufacturer, Summit is a middle man.

I'll give it a try when I get paid this week if nobody else does.

Good luck F'ers
Thanks YotaLex. You are right. It was a misunderstanding between the rep. and I. Summit can order the system. They just don't have more info regarding the information on the picture.
Old 12-28-15, 01:26 PM
Unleashed1
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

hmmm I'm curious to see numbers and well this running on our cars. I came from all Greddy parts that was on my 2jzgte IS300 because that was my baby and now my 12' ISF is. But I had 2 gs400 as daily drivers that i used godspeed catback exhaust that sounded really good on those cars. Not sure if i'd not use a "cheap" alternative or go borla, joe z on my isf.
Old 12-28-15, 02:00 PM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
^^^ Well that's a good thing I guess..

Unfortunately, there is always a risk when making a quality product.
(Over 7 years now)

Some recent companies see your product, copy / mimic all the hard work you've done, then make a few changes, move manufacturing to a LOW COST country and finally knock the price in half..

Now I'm not going to comment on what exact events took place here, but..

Titled mufflers have been a signature of ours for a very long time now..!!

Either way, it is what it is..

Hopefully these systems can take the hard abuse they will get put through..
We have race, track & street proven examples already surpassing the 100k+ miles of usage mark.

Happy Holidays

Joe Z
Joe I know you already answered this question, but I'll ask again...is there any chance of you revising the current IS F exhaust to making it fit through the rear bumper? I love the sound of your exhaust and I believe it's perfectly balanced in sound! I'm looking to get rid of the stock diffusers. The other worthy competitor is ISS Forged. Before I take the plunge I'd thought I'd give this another try...thank you either way.
Old 12-28-15, 02:03 PM
DjMarkOne
Rookie

Couple more updates I got from snail performance:

So I'm kinda bummed that the catback does not come with exhaust hangers. Kind of a weird thing to exclude, but still not a bad deal.
Old 12-28-15, 02:03 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

the power this will make will be similar to the rest of the exhausts made for the F due mostly losing the catalytic converter.
Old 12-28-15, 02:12 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DjMarkOne;9302092

[IMG
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clublexus.com-vbulletin/1242x1199/80-image_c79e0e744d676ad9205db23e361bfbee84557877.jpeg[/IMG]

So I'm kinda bummed that the catback does not come with exhaust hangers. Kind of a weird thing to exclude, but still not a bad deal.
So you need how many exhaust hangers to be welded to make this work?? And how much do you think an exhaust shop would charge to do something like this?

Quick Reply: New Budget Exhaust on the market