IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

New Budget Exhaust on the market

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-15, 02:33 PM
Vervish
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 86 Posts

I wonder if they mean the rubber hangers...
Old 12-28-15, 02:34 PM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by YotaLex
Good luck F'ers
I laughed way too hard at this.
I would expect hangers to cost maybe 75 Max?
Old 12-28-15, 02:36 PM
neweyslex
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DjMarkOne is correct on the muffler hangars. 3pConnect LLC is also another vendor. They have found that the muffler hanger is not correct for the US spec vehicles. They did an install on a customer's vehicle and everything fits well but they had to add the hangars to the mufflers for proper support.

Marty Staggs is the COO who I've been talking to.

http://www.3pconnect.com/home.html
Attached Thumbnails New Budget Exhaust on the market-img_5016.jpg   New Budget Exhaust on the market-img_5018.jpg   New Budget Exhaust on the market-img_5022.jpg   New Budget Exhaust on the market-img_5017.jpg  
Old 12-28-15, 02:58 PM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by neweyslex
DjMarkOne is correct on the muffler hangars. 3pConnect LLC is also another vendor. They have found that the muffler hanger is not correct for the US spec vehicles. They did an install on a customer's vehicle and everything fits well but they had to add the hangars to the mufflers for proper support.

Wow, neat color combo!

It's a bit "loud" for my personal taste, but I do think it looks pretty cool.

-Mike
Old 12-28-15, 03:54 PM
Jmt1011
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

$650 with mufflers shipped! This was the response I received

Old 12-28-15, 04:42 PM
DjMarkOne
Rookie

Originally Posted by Jmt1011
$650 with mufflers shipped! This was the response I received

That's wierd. Snail sent me this response about the VAREX system:

Old 12-28-15, 05:04 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 404 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by neweyslex

This owner on CL by chance??? Would love hear some more videos of the sound of this outdoors and inside the car driving
Old 12-28-15, 05:26 PM
neweyslex
Driver

I was told by 3pConnect that they are the supplier of Snail Performance and that the Varex version will eventually be release in the US but not at this time. The price would be significantly more (usually around an additional $400.00).
Old 12-28-15, 05:32 PM
dcguy
Pit Crew

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by FFM
Uhhh the JoeZ exhaust isn't titanium either lol.
I stand corrected sir
Old 12-28-15, 05:34 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

^^^No worries man. Just didn't want you to think there was a massive difference between the two regarding materials used. This exhaust really is a steal considering the fitment has semi been verified.

Holy ****, that's a steal considering adding your own hangers is a 30 minute job for an exhaust shop and would allow you to customize the fit anyway.

Add $400 for variable mufflers and you got the ultimate bang for your buck. Somehow rig throw bumper tips and you have the holy grail.

Unless RR Racing has experimented with valving the secondary tips on their bazooka. If there was a way to tame that monster down just a bit so you could have the best of both worlds that would be glorious.
Old 12-28-15, 05:44 PM
neweyslex
Driver

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
This owner on CL by chance??? Would love hear some more videos of the sound of this outdoors and inside the car driving
I don't think so. I did sent him a link to this post. I think the video will come from one of us who will be the guinea pig for this system. The Xforce system appears to be new for the ISF in the US but it seems like other enthusiasts (not Lexus) have been using them.
Old 12-29-15, 05:52 PM
x622
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
^^^ Well that's a good thing I guess..

Unfortunately, there is always a risk when making a quality product.
(Over 7 years now)

Some recent companies see your product, copy / mimic all the hard work you've done, then make a few changes, move manufacturing to a LOW COST country and finally knock the price in half..

Now I'm not going to comment on what exact events took place here, but..

Titled mufflers have been a signature of ours for a very long time now..!!

Either way, it is what it is..

Hopefully these systems can take the hard abuse they will get put through..
We have race, track & street proven examples already surpassing the 100k+ miles of usage mark.

Happy Holidays

Joe Z
#1 Australia isn't low cost.

#2 These "might" be made in china. Most stuff is made in China. Nothing wrong with it, it just means you have to be more stringent on QC. I will say that their mufflers didn't really have an appealing sound, and I think the magnaflow mufflers you use sound better. (I think they're magnaflows atleast) This is all based on the videos I've seen of the Varex mufflers.

#3 Ok I've seen you say that they're copying your hard work. What hard work? The first time you stepped underneath the car and calculated what mufflers, bends, and flanges you needed? The flange that might of taken 30 minutes to CAD up? The couple hours of phoning machine shops to make a production run of flanges and negotiate pricing? Was it the negotiating of getting a discount on bulk purchase mufflers and fab components? The initial test fitting and making a jig? Do you really think they didn't do the exact same "hard work" that you did? I get that you're proud of your product, but come on man, it's an exhaust. I think we both know EXACTLY what goes into making a product and I don't think its reasonable to be upset when a competitor releases a cheaper product. Quite frankly, I'd take this as an opportunity to market your own product. I'd go buy one. I'd go take pictures of their welds, their material, have good video comparisons and show exactly WHY your product is superior.

#4 I would be upset if a $1500 exhaust made out of 304 DIDN'T last for 100k. I'd call your exhaust or any other manufacturer's exhaust garbage if it fell apart after 100 or even 150k. As long as it's made out of 304, I'm sure it will do fine. They might not be ordering from vibrant/acerace/insertyoursupplierhere like you are, but Australians can make good stuff too.

Disclaimer:
I have no affiliation with Xforce or any other vendors here. I calls it like I sees it.

Personally, I'd never pay $1500-2500 for an exhaust unless it was made with coastfab/burns parts. I can and have built my own with full vband flanges instead of cheap gasket style flanges, using full mandrel bends, and the exact same mufflers, or better, for less money.

I watched this video:

Also, I did PM you to purchase a flange. I ended up just chopping it off and replacing it with a vband flange.
Old 01-13-16, 05:22 PM
nikogio38
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You pay for **** you get ****....cracked welds and rusted out
Old 01-13-16, 05:33 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by nikogio38
I hope you realize an obscene amount of stuff is manufactured overseas, including the "good" brands we pay higher prices for.

For those of us that don't live in the **** winter states it will likely stand up to the test of time just fine.
Old 01-13-16, 05:55 PM
BULLIT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nikogio38
I've seen these systems in person and the quality is a lot better than you would expect for that price,. I've also had one on a previous car without any issues. What you say about pay for **** you get **** is not true in this case.

Quick Reply: New Budget Exhaust on the market