IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

IS the RC F really worth the pennies...Check out these vids

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-15, 12:10 PM
Tokenblkgy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This topic will be debated until everyone turns blue. Both cars are amazing for what they are. We should probably close this thread..

I doubt Lexus would develop a car for 75K that wouldn't beat the ISF.. That would be idiotic on their part.
Old 12-25-15, 12:19 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

IS F and RC F? Love both car but I'll pick RC F anyday.
Old 12-25-15, 04:27 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
That is what every owner tells me who traded his ISF for RCF (or has both). Even the chief engineer himself (Yaguchi) said he made RCF to be significantly quicker than the ISF. It is also corroborated by video evidence of stock RCF beating the ISF by several car lengths.
IS F Owners,

The RC F IS NOT anything like my 2012 IS F--nothing like it.

Is the IS F a world-class high-performance machine? Absolutely, but you are comparing two drastically different machines.

Is the RC F faster--stock to stock? Oh yeah. And in runs at very high speed it becomes even more apparent that Lexus has created the next-gen world-class V8 for the new RC F, and here to it overtakes what my IS F could do by substantial gains.

The most notable characteristic is what they achieved by launching the first rear-wheel drive car with a torque vectoring differential. It holds the road like my IS F never could, and at high-speed corners it's just incredible.

I'm not going to go through a series of comparative numbers for various road exercises--been there and done that--search the threads if you insist.

The new RC F loaded fetches a steep price well into the $80k, and I understand this might turn off a lot of potential buyers for a myriad of reasons. But the RC F is in a league of its own, and it continues to impress two and three time reviewers more and more who are beginning to understand the new F WAS NOT built to "copy" the Germans or for that matter the IS F.

I won't bash the IS F because it's truly an excellent machine and it delivers on what it was meant to deliver to the driver, but the new RC F is in a whole new class of performance, design, and luxury.

So enjoy your flavor of F, but know the RC F is a fierce competitor whether it is compared to its predecessor or the M4, RS5 and C63. It puts down the power with tenacity, handles like a dream, and most importantly, it makes the driver feel special and delivers thrills like I never had in the IS F. With good reason, Esquire selected the RC F in its auto competition as the 2015 Biggest Thrill Car of the Year.

If you have the spare cash, yes...it's extremely worth the thrills.

Last edited by ISF001; 12-25-15 at 04:36 PM.
Old 12-25-15, 06:35 PM
Tokenblkgy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well said man... I prefer the GSF over the RCF but When that time comes it will be a good upgrade to the ISF!
Old 12-25-15, 08:23 PM
Gearbangin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 223 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by chris07is
I'll give both credit for doing this...real **** going down!!!!
Thanks man you know I have to rep the ISF. Now stay tuned for spring rematch when the rcf gets his headers.

I got a couple more tricks up my sleeve too.
Old 12-25-15, 09:42 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 92 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Gearbangin
Thanks man you know I have to rep the ISF. Now stay tuned for spring rematch when the rcf gets his headers.

I got a couple more tricks up my sleeve too.
Nice one bro...drivers race baby!!!
Old 12-25-15, 11:06 PM
AshyAnklez
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF001
IS F Owners,

The RC F IS NOT anything like my 2012 IS F--nothing like it.

Is the IS F a world-class high-performance machine? Absolutely, but you are comparing two drastically different machines.

Is the RC F faster--stock to stock? Oh yeah. And in runs at very high speed it becomes even more apparent that Lexus has created the next-gen world-class V8 for the new RC F, and here to it overtakes what my IS F could do by substantial gains.

The most notable characteristic is what they achieved by launching the first rear-wheel drive car with a torque vectoring differential. It holds the road like my IS F never could, and at high-speed corners it's just incredible.

I'm not going to go through a series of comparative numbers for various road exercises--been there and done that--search the threads if you insist.

The new RC F loaded fetches a steep price well into the $80k, and I understand this might turn off a lot of potential buyers for a myriad of reasons. But the RC F is in a league of its own, and it continues to impress two and three time reviewers more and more who are beginning to understand the new F WAS NOT built to "copy" the Germans or for that matter the IS F.

I won't bash the IS F because it's truly an excellent machine and it delivers on what it was meant to deliver to the driver, but the new RC F is in a whole new class of performance, design, and luxury.

So enjoy your flavor of F, but know the RC F is a fierce competitor whether it is compared to its predecessor or the M4, RS5 and C63. It puts down the power with tenacity, handles like a dream, and most importantly, it makes the driver feel special and delivers thrills like I never had in the IS F. With good reason, Esquire selected the RC F in its auto competition as the 2015 Biggest Thrill Car of the Year.

If you have the spare cash, yes...it's extremely worth the thrills.

Lexus RC F Review | Great F'ing Day (English Subtitles) - YouTube

Review | 2015 Lexus RC F | The License Killer - YouTube
Glad to hear from a RC F owner...Good points...After seeing other videos...I can see that the RC-F has made lots of improvement and is a faster car. I think I am just talking **** because my said hell no to me upgrading to RC FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

On another note I really wanted the RC F to spank on you know who across the pond. Just too heavy....
Old 12-25-15, 11:37 PM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Wonder why top gear hated the car so much and wouldn't even test it around the track for the show. http://21topgear.com/jeremy-clarkson...us-rc-f-coupe/
Is the rcf worth the extra pennies...in my opinion with the weight and looks...no way. Obviously this was only 1 track and the difference was marginal but the isf was faster around VIR
http://www.caranddriver.com/features...d-more-feature

Last edited by chrisp1; 12-26-15 at 12:47 AM.
Old 12-26-15, 12:53 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,470 Likes on 1,775 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisp1
Wonder why top gear hated the car so much and wouldn't even test it around the track for the show. http://21topgear.com/jeremy-clarkson...us-rc-f-coupe/
Is the rcf worth the extra pennies...in my opinion with the weight and looks...no way. Obviously this was only 1 track and the difference was marginal but the isf was faster around VIR
Well, Clarkson has never had really good words for any Lexus (other than the LFA, which he calls the "best car I have ever driven" after stead fast refusal to drive for 2 years on TG because he deemed it "rubbish" initially). He was looking more for an LFA 2 than a sports car at $75k price range.

The Clarkson review was indeed skewed against the RCF. He pushed the RCF into understeer on a damp track. On one track, RCF has a quicker lap time than a C7 Stingray. That does not mean it is quicker. Simple fact is, lap times done on different days, different drivers and different climate conditions are always a poor comparison. If you put Scott Pruett, in an ISF and RCF back to back, I am quite sure he would put down a quicker lap time in the RCF.

Even looks-wise, I personally think the RCF looks like a million bucks so I am not sure why you are using the RCF looks against it. It is a car that turns heads.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 12-26-15 at 12:57 AM.
Old 12-26-15, 06:47 AM
jat0223
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisp1
I actually think the RCF looks good. Unfortunately it's looks do not match it's performance. I was excited about the upgrade from the ISF up until lexus released the target spec figures. I still had hopes that they'd beat the target figures by a lot. Unfortunately the car was released and it was barely an improvement over the ISF performance wise. I still went and test drove one hoping to like it anyways and then the transmission. I'm not sure what lexus did to the transmission but it feels different from the ISFs. It feels more damped and less connected, more lexus like. I knew then that even though I love it's looks, the RCF wasn't the car for me.
Old 12-26-15, 07:53 AM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Well, Clarkson has never had really good words for any Lexus (other than the LFA, which he calls the "best car I have ever driven" after stead fast refusal to drive for 2 years on TG because he deemed it "rubbish" initially). He was looking more for an LFA 2 than a sports car at $75k price range.

The Clarkson review was indeed skewed against the RCF. He pushed the RCF into understeer on a damp track. On one track, RCF has a quicker lap time than a C7 Stingray. That does not mean it is quicker. Simple fact is, lap times done on different days, different drivers and different climate conditions are always a poor comparison. If you put Scott Pruett, in an ISF and RCF back to back, I am quite sure he would put down a quicker lap time in the RCF.

Even looks-wise, I personally think the RCF looks like a million bucks so I am not sure why you are using the RCF looks against it. It is a car that turns heads.
Looks are subjective so I guess different strokes for different folks. I have never driven one so I'm just going by what a couple of the experts say but if anyone would like to let me borrow there car I would like to have the firsthand experience
Old 12-26-15, 08:28 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

RCF looks great. Most RCF owners hate to admit, they wished it was a lot faster than the ISF since it has 4 doors. If i was looking to buy a coupe, sadly the RCF wouldn't even make the list of cars i would look at.. just not fast enough for a 2 door sports car when compared to what else you can get.
Old 12-26-15, 10:29 AM
Gearbangin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 223 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
RCF looks great. Most RCF owners hate to admit, they wished it was a lot faster than the ISF since it has 4 doors. If i was looking to buy a coupe, sadly the RCF wouldn't even make the list of cars i would look at.. just not fast enough for a 2 door sports car when compared to what else you can get.
Right I'll own one eventually may just keep the isf too. The rcf is light years ahead of the isf in interior quality fit and finish tech etc.

It's just nice to know the 7 year old car can still hang with the new kid on the block.
Old 12-26-15, 10:39 AM
AshyAnklez
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
But what other coupes offers realibility like a RC F
Old 12-26-15, 10:40 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

absolutely more of an evolution than revolution with the RCF in terms of performance.

Quick Reply: IS the RC F really worth the pennies...Check out these vids