IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

IS the RC F really worth the pennies...Check out these vids

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-15, 08:28 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Using the same analogy, the year 1 E90/E92 M3 stock was also quicker in tests around a race track than the earlier version of the ISF. RCF is also in its second year right now. The difference in the early years was so big that the E92 M3 did 8:05 around Nurburgring and the ISF did it 8:19 (both being driven by Horst Von Saurma, Sport Auto).

It was consistently quicker than the ISF on nearly every track and every test.

You picked an ISF over a superior track car, which was the E90/E92 M3. It was not until the 2011+ ISF came along when it became very close to the M3. Yet, you guys bash the RCF for not being as quick as the M4. RCF will be continuously improved. That is something Yaguchi has made clear, but as for the 1st year, it is only fair to compare the ISF year 1 or 2 with E90/E92 M3 in year 1 or 2.

]

i didnt care about tracking. i only cared about straight line speed and torque feel. only two doors at the moment i can see myself getting is GTR, f10 m6 , or vette z06. and again, all for straight line speed.
Old 12-26-15, 08:32 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,470 Likes on 1,775 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
i didnt care about tracking. i only cared about straight line speed and torque feel. only two doors at the moment i can see myself getting is GTR, f10 m6 , or vette z06. and again, all for straight line speed.
Ok, then maybe check this video out

(Yes, this is not serious and means nothing as far as M6 vs RCF goes. Only posting this for kicks).

Old 12-26-15, 08:32 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AshyAnklez

Have you had any issues with M6? That was one of my choices. Love that car too. Then again I love all M cars...
yeah i thought i had the SMG pump failure which was a 20k fix at dealer and 12k fix at independent shop. turned out i was lucky and just fixed the accumulator and never had a problem since. had a air intake check engine light but that was due to an air leak caused by the intakes installed. Got a really nice ehxaust on there, sounds pretty crazy in person.
Old 12-26-15, 08:35 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

(Yes, this is not serious and means nothing as far as M6 vs RCF goes. Only posting this for kicks).

Lexus rcf vs BMW M6 - YouTube
lol ouch. m6 is really under rated since you dont see many younger crowed getting it but a few bolt ons, its FAST
Old 12-26-15, 08:37 PM
AshyAnklez
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Using the same analogy, the year 1 E90/E92 M3 stock was also quicker in tests around a race track than the earlier version of the ISF. RCF is also in its second year right now. The difference in the early years was so big that the E92 M3 did 8:05 around Nurburgring and the ISF did it 8:19 (both being driven by Horst Von Saurma, Sport Auto).

It was consistently quicker than the ISF on nearly every track and every test especially in the first few years.

People picked an ISF over a superior track car, which was the E90/E92 M3. It was not until the 2011+ ISF came along when it became very close to the M3. Yet, it is OK to bash the RCF for not being as quick as the M4. RCF will be continuously improved. That is something Yaguchi has made clear, but as for the 1st year, it is only fair to compare the ISF year 1 or 2 with E90/E92 M3 in year 1 or 2.

Do you know what times the 2011+ ran at Nurburgring? Damn should have done my research and got the 2011+. 2011+ has the lights, thicker steering wheel (
Originally Posted by DanISFast
2011+ the IS-F wheel was upgraded. It has more girth and feels quite nice compared to the 2008-2010 which feels like the regular IS250/350 wheel.

Lowrider's wheel looks amazing and yes the IS-F definitely needs a thick wheel like the M3 which feels awesome.
) and better suspension setup....
Old 12-26-15, 08:37 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

lol ouch. m6 is really under rated since you dont see many younger crowed getting it but a few bolt ons, its FAST
Agreed. It beats GTRs from a roll.

BTW, that S85 V10 is the best engine BMW ever made (in my opinion). They would probably not make another engine like that. Though it is difficult to do, but I would keep that car forever if I could afford the maintenance.

That is why I want an RCF since I can keep the car practically forever and slowly continue to mod it because Lexus might be getting out of the N/A high-revving engines pretty soon.
Old 12-26-15, 08:51 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

BTW, that S85 V10 is the best engine BMW ever made (in my opinion). They would probably not make another engine like that. Though it is difficult to do, but I would keep that car forever if I could afford the maintenance.

That is why I want an RCF since I can keep the car practically forever and slowly continue to mod it because Lexus might be getting out of the N/A high-revving engines pretty soon.
Yes, the s85 is special. from the 10 individual throttle bodies to the dual intake set up. ive worked on it a couple of times, its not too bad besides the very back of the motor sits underneath the firewall.

every true F car from lexus is special. im not saying that because i drove the ISF but even on paper, there are a few things that make it special. most due to having yamaha working on it, dry sump system, titanium valves. ISF is the first production high performance car from Lexus (exclude LFA due to price). and what makes it more special is the ISF is one of the fastest japanese car ever made which is cool to think about.
Old 12-26-15, 08:57 PM
AshyAnklez
Driver

In agreement I want a car that I can keep for ever...But to me the RC-F is not timeless...Say....Like a Sting Ray Z06 ,NSX, Supra, M6, and Godzilla....

Funny story:
Two Friday mornings ago I was talking to my wife (you know the woman that shut down the RC F purchase last week) and said "honey" thats weird that the garbage is here so early to pick up the trash. Ran downstairs to take out the trash and when I got outside didn't see the garbage truck instead it was my neighbor's friend parking his C7 Z06. I gave him an evil stare of turn that **** off yet rev that **** up look. I don't know if it was custom but that joint was loud...and it look so SICK!!!!!!!!
Old 12-26-15, 09:01 PM
AshyAnklez
Driver

yeah i thought i had the SMG pump failure which was a 20k fix at dealer and 12k fix at independent shop. turned out i was lucky and just fixed the accumulator and never had a problem since. had a air intake check engine light but that was due to an air leak caused by the intakes installed. Got a really nice ehxaust on there, sounds pretty crazy in person.
Wow. You dodge a big one. Glad to hear M6 not giving too many issues. How many miles she got?
Old 12-26-15, 09:03 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

In agreement I want a car that I can keep for ever...But to me the RC-F is not timeless...Say....Like a Sting Ray Z06 ,NSX, Supra, M6, and Godzilla....

Funny story:
Two Friday mornings ago I was talking to my wife (you know the woman that shut down the RC F purchase last week) and said "honey" thats weird that the garbage is here so early to pick up the trash. Ran downstairs to take out the trash and when I got outside didn't see the garbage truck instead it was my neighbor's friend parking his C7 Z06. I gave him an evil stare of turn that **** off yet rev that **** up look. I don't know if it was custom but that joint was loud...and it look so SICK!!!!!!!!
LOL. That is hilarious.
Old 12-26-15, 09:04 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Wow. You dodge a big one. Glad to hear M6 not giving too many issues. How many miles she got?
currently has 91k miles. got it with 47k miles . been out of warranty for about 3 years now.
Old 12-26-15, 09:06 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

one more thing to add.

do you guys not think its funny when the ISF came out in 2008 with the 8 speed direct shift. everyone kept saying its too many gears, its a slush box with slow shifts. especially the bmw guys. now bmws and most cars are 8 speed. the 2015 corvette z06 has the 8 speed direct shift transmission as well. even 9 and 10 speeds are out.

then the fake tips, how everyone makes a big deal about them and still does just to bring the car down but yet every super car and most performance car now has fake tips. just funny to think about.
Old 12-26-15, 09:27 PM
AshyAnklez
Driver

currently has 91k miles. got it with 47k miles . been out of warranty for about 3 years now.
You see that is what I don't want to hear! I want to hear catastrophic failures so I can say to myself see thats why I got a Lexus. Every time I see an M car I want to pick a fight. I get BMW M? withdrawal about every other day but I keep telling myself you made the right choice. Now you are telling me you have had 44k miles of uneventful pleasure... Ah **** what have I done? I have betrayed my German heritage...Now I am driving a Jap car. Something as a snooty German rider you pledge never to do. I have done it because I panicked over a $4400 SMG issue. I was too afraid of what the next M? would do to me...But in reality all of my German cars have been headaches and let downs for me. Glad to hear that your BMW M6 has served you well ISFPOWER
Old 12-26-15, 10:24 PM
Weapon F

Received 250 Likes on 136 Posts

Lexus rcf vs BMW M6 - YouTube
This really illustrations the most import part of car is Driver no matter how much hp and tq you have if you can't drive it doesn't matter E63M6 500hp 380tq 3770lbs
Old 12-26-15, 11:39 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Weapon F
This really illustrations the most import part of car is Driver no matter how much hp and tq you have if you can't drive it doesn't matter E63M6 500hp 380tq 3770lbs
It is not the E63 M6. It is actually, the F1X M6 with the twin turbo 4.4 Liter V8.

I stated in my post, it was merely a tongue in cheek joke.

Quick Reply: IS the RC F really worth the pennies...Check out these vids