Search this Thread

Old 12-28-15, 10:46 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by DrRick
2015 RC-F C&D Lightening Lap - 3:05.8
2011 IS-F C&D Lightening Lap - 3:05.4

if your IS-F has been modified, and it has the LSD that came with the 2010, then you should be able to really embarrass an RC-F...
Thanks Doc I wonder if the 2015 they ran had the TVD???? I would assume.

I am really excited about Chuckwalla in March. It seems like the RCF and GSF were both run there by many journalists and even Scott Pruett. I love the lay out and the fact that its fast and flowing. Im going to hold off on changing my tires until right before Chuckwalla. I want to see if I can get my lap time in the low 2 minute range. I need to check the video again, but I think the GSF put down a 2:12. I will check tonight. If you guys look at the track layout it is very obvious why Lexus lets the people test them there. The track is not very technical but has TONS of high speed sweepers and chicanes. Perfect for big HEAVY cars with lots of power. I cant wait !!

Last edited by I8ABMR; 12-28-15 at 11:33 PM.
Old 12-29-15, 07:01 AM
CodyJames
Intermediate

Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Would love to meet you and check out the RCF. Congrats on the ride. She is GORGEOUS !! The show is at the Shops at Gainey Village. If you google it you can get an exact address for the navi. The show is amazing.

I need a ride in the RCF though !!
Been there a few times - Oliver is an old friend.

A ride in the RC-F? Hell, I want to see how well you can drive it Look forward to meeting you!
Old 12-29-15, 08:05 AM
Weapon F

Received 250 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Thanks Doc I wonder if the 2015 they ran had the TVD???? I would assume.

I am really excited about Chuckwalla in March. It seems like the RCF and GSF were both run there by many journalists and even Scott Pruett. I love the lay out and the fact that its fast and flowing. Im going to hold off on changing my tires until right before Chuckwalla. I want to see if I can get my lap time in the low 2 minute range. I need to check the video again, but I think the GSF put down a 2:12. I will check tonight. If you guys look at the track layout it is very obvious why Lexus lets the people test them there. The track is not very technical but has TONS of high speed sweepers and chicanes. Perfect for big HEAVY cars with lots of power. I cant wait !!
Hey I8ABMR Just found this on YouTube video of Bone stock 2011 ISF at Chuckwalla Raceway his time was 2:06.4 , cant wait to see what you can do with your setup with additional power mods and suspension improvements that you've done to your ISF .

Last edited by Weapon F; 12-29-15 at 08:09 AM.
Old 12-29-15, 10:34 AM
Weapon F

Here are some additional videos of 1/2 mile race, just to show speed difference between ISF and RCF. The RCF has secondary Cats removed after market exhaust vs stock ISF. There Close speed wise, would like to have seen what ISF could have done with same mods.
The ISF Would have gained some addition speed with increase in hp, would have trapped slightly higher speed. I think this is pretty accurate. At higher speed middle tripe digit the RCF should have advantage due to additional 50hp once there rolling above 100 mph mark. Once again these two car are very close speed wise. I'm not saying one is better than other just that they are pretty close to each other.

Last edited by Weapon F; 12-29-15 at 10:47 AM.
Old 12-29-15, 10:35 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Weapon F
Hey I8ABMR Just found this on YouTube video of Bone stock 2011 ISF at Chuckwalla Raceway his time was 2:06.4 , cant wait to see what you can do with your setup with additional power mods and suspension improvements that you've done to your ISF .
ISF at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway - YouTube
HAHA man I was going to post that today too lol.

Alright so this is what I have found. The ISF stock can do a 2:06.4 at Chuckwalla. When I looked at the video of Scott Pruett doing it in the new GSF with a passenger he did it in approximately 2:12. Now the way the video is done I am measuring the laps at the exit of the pit. Check it out. If you think about it the exit to the pit in right in the middle of the 2 slowest corners so the speed he enters is pretty similar to the actual speed he carries through that turn. Not apples to apples but damn close. 6 second gap with a professional driver and a passenger. Even if you shave 4 seconds off the ISF still seems faster .

THIS IS AWESOME. !!!!
Old 12-29-15, 05:05 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 405 Likes on 256 Posts

Here are some additional videos of 1/2 mile race, just to show speed difference between ISF and RCF. The RCF has secondary Cats removed after market exhaust vs stock ISF. There Close speed wise, would like to have seen what ISF could have done with same mods.
The ISF Would have gained some addition speed with increase in hp, would have trapped slightly higher speed. I think this is pretty accurate. At higher speed middle tripe digit the RCF should have advantage due to additional 50hp once there rolling above 100 mph mark. Once again these two car are very close speed wise. I'm not saying one is better than other just that they are pretty close to each other.

2012 Lexus ISF Standing half mile - YouTube

2015 Lexus RCF Carbon edition Standing 1/2 mile pass - YouTube
Good find with those videos

Standing 1/2 mile:
The RCF had a trap speed of 140 mph with an aftermarket exhaust (no secondary cats)
The ISF had a trap speed of 133 mph bone stock.

Would have been curious to see what the trap speed of the ISF would've been with a Joe-Z or Borla?
Old 12-29-15, 06:05 PM
mmartin061
banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar

Standing 1/2 mile:
The RCF had a trap speed of 140 mph with an aftermarket exhaust (no secondary cats)

Would have been curious to see what the trap speed of the ISF would've been with a Joe-Z or Borla?
I think if anyone wants to sit and say one is faster and than the other by "x" amount which in my eyes is really not a huge deal. The ISF a very nice example 2008, can be had for 1/3 ish the price? I say what one can afford go and buy and have fun. But it is nice to see the ISF competitive which is all I can afford. To me I guess owning a couple fast vehicles in my time not as quick as the ISF you look at the product as a whole and how if makes you feel driving it. I never liked my GS400 compared to my Is300. Some would think I was nuts. My Syclone was just so far ahead of it's time for speed that it would still shame many sports cars 25 years later and every time I got in it to drive I had such an incredible adrenaline rush just knowing what I had. A Sonoma that hauled *** and just looked *****ing awesome. But just my opinion. Asany have stated before it isn't always about the speed and how it gets you there. It's about the way you connect to the vehicle an how it makes you feel.

Last edited by mmartin061; 12-29-15 at 06:07 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-29-15, 07:08 PM
Weapon F

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar

Standing 1/2 mile:

Thanks, I think doing standing 1/2 or full mile is better indicator of speed vs 1/4 mile which has more to do with drivers skill, track condition etc. With 1/2 or full mile its pretty basic roll out and punch it. If you data log your run you can get all same info 60ft, 0 to 60, 0 to100 etc.
Old 12-29-15, 07:33 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mmartin061
I think if anyone wants to sit and say one is faster and than the other by "x" amount which in my eyes is really not a huge deal. The ISF a very nice example 2008, can be had for 1/3 ish the price? I say what one can afford go and buy and have fun. But it is nice to see the ISF competitive which is all I can afford. To me I guess owning a couple fast vehicles in my time not as quick as the ISF you look at the product as a whole and how if makes you feel driving it. I never liked my GS400 compared to my Is300. Some would think I was nuts. My Syclone was just so far ahead of it's time for speed that it would still shame many sports cars 25 years later and every time I got in it to drive I had such an incredible adrenaline rush just knowing what I had. A Sonoma that hauled *** and just looked *****ing awesome. But just my opinion. Asany have stated before it isn't always about the speed and how it gets you there. It's about the way you connect to the vehicle an how it makes you feel.
Agreed connecting to a vehicle and how if makes you feel while driving is the most important aspect of owning a performance car.

Still would've been nice to see the trap speed difference if that particular ISF had a Joe-Z/Borla/Meisterschaft etc........ I wonder if he would've trapped in the higher 130's??

Never got a chance to ride in a Syclone/Typhoon but I hear nothing but good things about them. Do you still have yours? What were those good for stock in the 1/4 mile?
Old 12-29-15, 07:35 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Thanks, I think doing standing 1/2 or full mile is better indicator of speed vs 1/4 mile which has more to do with drivers skill, track condition etc. With 1/2 or full mile its pretty basic roll out and punch it. If you data log your run you can get all same info 60ft, 0 to 60, 0 to100 etc.
Agreed, I wish there were more standing 1/2 mile runs out there for vehicles to compare against instead of 1/4 mile times. I think it shows a lot more about the car as it builds speed well into triple digits to see how cars performs above 120ish.....
Old 12-30-15, 12:06 AM
DanISFast
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
The RCF already had pulled 3- 4 car lengths ahead of the ISF. There was no way ISF would have reeled it back in.
You're completely delusional if you think the RCF will pull 3-4 cars on an ISF stock for stock even before the 1/4 mile ended without something happening at the start.

Whenever ISF loses, it is the launch. When an RCF loses, it is the ISF being the superior car. Beginning to get the pattern here on ISF forum.
No ricer excuses made here, the video you posted clearly shows your desperation for disingenuously trying to pass off the RCF as being the faster car, again if you actually think those results would happen in real life without something happening to the ISF (blowing the launch,late reaction ect ec)....

RCF was clocked at 12.7 seconds bone stock by Motor Trend. Wonder why has that been left out? Do you realize that there is typically a few tenth spread of test numbers with the same car in various magazines and various days? Want to talk about the poor results? How about the 13.1 seconds by the ISF? If you want to take the best of ISF and worst of RCF then isn't it fair to look at the worst of ISF as well? Show me one test where the RCF did poor than 12.8 seconds. Moreover, no magazine has ever been able to get close to E.Kanoo's bone stock 12.5 seconds he put down. You are comparing two tests done in different years, surface conditions, different times, different temperature etc. Unless there is a head to head race, too many variables skew the results.
The results I posted for Car and Driver was clearly fair since the 12.7 for the ISF was done with their first instrument test on the first model year ISF.
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...trumented-test

Compared to Car and Driver's first instrument test of the first model year RCF doing 12.8.
http://www.caranddriver.com/lexus/rc-f

Sir, that is what we call an Apples to Apples magazine race and probably the most accurate representation.

You bring up MotorTrend for the RCF doing 12.7 also...but you conveniently left out the 0-60 and trap speed? 4.3 0-60 and 112.2MPH. Guess what...MotorTrend also tested the ISF and it did 0-60 in 4.2 and trapped 12.7@113.4MPH Yup....the ISF owned the RCF over at MotorTrend also.

That fluke 13.1 you posted for the ISF indeed was the slowest recorded, BUT the editors even said it was most likely due to their green engine test car still having break-in miles since it was MUCH slower than their other ISF's they've tested.

You keep bringing up ONE NON-US shop RCF doing a 12.5, It wasn't even a solid 12.5 either, it was a 12.58. We have no idea if he did any kind of weight reduction or other hidden mods. It is a RACING TEAM/Shop afterall, I have friends who owns shops that "claim" their cars were stock but you should've seen some of the crap they pull when they run the 1/4. I have a buddy who currently has the quickest FA5 "stock" record, know how he rolls? Seats removed, no tools, no spares, door panels, gas tank on empty, crash reinforcements and curtain airbags removed, drilled sub frame... but hey...no engine mods.. it's ALL STOCK. Not saying those guys went to the same lengths but "STOCK" differs for some people. THERE IS NO LEGIT PUBLICATION that have tested the RCF doing 12.5...

Oh but guess what...ROADFLY's ISF did 12.5 bone stock. Still want to play? I can go on all day..

Last edited by DanISFast; 12-30-15 at 01:32 AM.
Old 12-30-15, 12:11 AM
DanISFast
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DrRick
2015 RC-F C&D Lightening Lap - 3:05.8
2011 IS-F C&D Lightening Lap - 3:05.4

if your IS-F has been modified, and it has the LSD that came with the 2010, then you should be able to really embarrass an RC-F...
Keep in mind fellas, The RCF did the 3:05.8 on the newer updated surface VIR, the 2011 ISF did the 3:05.4 on the older crappy surface VIR.

Even with that huge advantage the RCF was still slower. VIR is a power track, if the RCF was indeed more powerful here is where it would shine. It didn't.

It took an M3 DCT with the Competition Package running on Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires to match the ISF's 3:05.4 VIR time. We clearly have the best F. Well besides the LFA of course. =)

Last edited by DanISFast; 12-30-15 at 01:06 AM.
Old 12-30-15, 12:20 AM
DanISFast
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
the RCF is a faster car than the ISF. we made that clear. its the fact that its not much faster for having more power and 2 less doors.
Wait what? Who made this clear?

Every US magazine comparo has the ISF being the quicker car, real life members here are putting 1/4 mile times in the ISF the RCF guys can only dream of.

Then there is the whole track thing where the ISF is quicker than the RCF on many tracks even quicker at Japan's Fuji Speedway....

So how is the RCF the faster car?

The RCF is bluntly put, too much car (weight), for too little engine (power). Also it broke every ugly tree branch on it's way down to production...but that's just my opinion. Not gonna lie, I am jelly of the interior though.

Last edited by DanISFast; 12-30-15 at 01:07 AM.
Old 12-30-15, 07:35 AM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Love both car I'll take RC F and IS F
Old 12-30-15, 07:47 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 92 Likes on 66 Posts

In my personal opinion, who cares about the time...blah..blah..blah...none of us are pro driver....so drive the car that you love and enjoy it....ok rc f is faster than is f...i don't care...vice versa...

Quick Reply: IS the RC F really worth the pennies...Check out these vids