IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Someone tried to steal my center caps.

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-16 | 02:51 PM
ISFTOMMY
Pole Position

Default Someone tried to steal my center caps.

But with every Lexus built like a safe/tank they only where able to chip the paint.

Old 01-03-16 | 03:29 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

That's pathetic. I know they fit just the OEM wheels and maybe a few aftermarket ones, but for someone to be unable to purchase them on their own....that's sorry. I'm hopeful that these would be thieves get caught, but for such a small monetary amount that these caps go for (in the bigger scheme of things), that they'll continue to do what they do....until someone catches them in the act.

I had my front tow hook stolen twice, but never with marks that indicated theft, unlike the surround of your center caps. We must all be careful of our surroundings. Thieves and lowlifes who wish to inflict their hatred onto others through theft and vandalism will be caught.

To the OP- thankfully they didn't leave with them, as they will be still expensive to replace. Check the forums for the touch up paint code. I know someone will chime in regarding it, but I remember specifically the older wheels had the paint code of 1E3 (Scion Phantom Grey) to fix minor scratches like that. For the 2012, I would presume it's similar, though I cannot be certain.
Old 01-03-16 | 03:42 PM
Flogrown
Pole Position

I caught 2 guys jacking my car up for my wheels one early morning. I was getting dropped off at my house by a couple of my buddies, we blocked their trunk in and held them at gun point until the police got there. I also demanded their ID's took a picture of them and told them that I know where they live too. The funny thing is they told the police officers I took a picture of their liscense, and the cops told them they didn't care that I did that. I hate theives with a passion.
Old 01-03-16 | 05:00 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Looks like they tried hard too little do they know that they are held inside by push clips and probably useless once broken trying to be removed from the outside.
Old 01-03-16 | 05:03 PM
ISFTOMMY
Pole Position

I don't know what they used that jacked the paint up that bad but did not brake the center cap.
Old 01-03-16 | 05:18 PM
SlayaP
Driver School Candidate

thieves are such a huge problem here in south florida too. **** those people
Old 01-03-16 | 05:37 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

They pull right off with a suction cup. Idiots.
Old 01-03-16 | 06:03 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Damn...thats cold...people have nothing better to do...
Old 01-03-16 | 10:00 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

damn..

I got jacked for my tow hitch cover on my GX.
Old 01-03-16 | 11:52 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Sorry to see this.

Could have been much worse though.

Had a beater to get me to the train station and back when we lived further away. Got back one evening to find my wheel trim on the ground. When I went to push it back on, three of the four wheel nuts had been removed! Same thing on the other side, and two from the front!

Thankfully I noticed before I drove home. Got a lift and went to a scrapyard the next morning for replacements. Think they charged me less than $10 for them. Just shows how pathetic and lazy some folks can be.

Hope you can fix your rims Op.
Old 01-04-16 | 05:17 AM
SoulFreak
Instructor

What a damn shame...😤
Old 01-04-16 | 06:27 AM
ISFTOMMY
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PDP180180
Sorry to see this.

Could have been much worse though.

Had a beater to get me to the train station and back when we lived further away. Got back one evening to find my wheel trim on the ground. When I went to push it back on, three of the four wheel nuts had been removed! Same thing on the other side, and two from the front!

Thankfully I noticed before I drove home. Got a lift and went to a scrapyard the next morning for replacements. Think they charged me less than $10 for them. Just shows how pathetic and lazy some folks can be.

Hope you can fix your rims Op.
as of right now there is also some curb rash from the previous owner so im gonna try to get it all fixed at once.
Old 01-04-16 | 06:32 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by thedude23
as of right now there is also some curb rash from the previous owner so im gonna try to get it all fixed at once.
Makes sense.

Had mine refurbished in a darker gunmetal colour. Looked great.

Not that expensive either. I actually think they look better in darker grey.
Old 01-04-16 | 07:50 AM
ISFTOMMY
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PDP180180
Makes sense.

Had mine refurbished in a darker gunmetal colour. Looked great.

Not that expensive either. I actually think they look better in darker grey.

I got all my chrome trim and emblems paint matched to the wheels
Old 01-04-16 | 07:58 AM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
That's pathetic. I know they fit just the OEM wheels and maybe a few aftermarket ones, but for someone to be unable to purchase them on their own....that's sorry. I'm hopeful that these would be thieves get caught, but for such a small monetary amount that these caps go for (in the bigger scheme of things), that they'll continue to do what they do....until someone catches them in the act.

I had my front tow hook stolen twice, but never with marks that indicated theft, unlike the surround of your center caps. We must all be careful of our surroundings. Thieves and lowlifes who wish to inflict their hatred onto others through theft and vandalism will be caught.
The problem is, that ebay is full of these parts. People lose centercaps, so they will always steal them to resell them. Always in demand. And its the little pieces that people don't want to go to the dealer for since they add up $$$

20$ for a centercap? Vs. 5$ on ebay...

Another common element is anything that isn't bolted down. Out of three vehicles I've owned only one escaped these scumbags stealing my floor mats from the auction house...

Every damn time. I need to get floormats. This time they took the manuals as well. Last time, they took the extra Lexus keys and left the master as that was in the lock box at the auction house.

They love taking shift ***** too! Lexus ones are worth $$ so a few seconds of time to jack one and sell for a cool 40-60$ online isn't all that bad - in their eyes.

Quick Reply: Someone tried to steal my center caps.