IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

X-Force Exhaust - Review

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-16, 07:44 AM
St4nc3
Lead Lap

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Ask and you shall receive.

Found this Vid on Youtube. However he is not running full headers he did Gutter out the Catalytic converters. can't tell if he's running open window or closed but sounds nice. no drone reported by him.

These are his Mods:

08 ISF with RR-Racing Intake, RR-Racing ECU Tune, Gutted Factory manifolds and Full exhaust by X-Force

Old 06-10-16, 07:54 AM
Vervish
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by GS4_CS
From everyones reviews it seems like the varex in the open position might be too quiet for me. It almost makes more sense for me to get the non varex version and save some money. I have headers which might make it louder. Anyone with headers running the xforce exhausts?
I went with varex for the fear of drone, but now that I know drone is not an issue, I would have been very happy with the non-varex as a daily setup. Also, you can also swap to varex mufflers pretty easily if you decided you wanted them at a later date.

I plan on closing the flaps only for state inspection and early morning/late night cold starts. I also am not sure how loud it will be with headers - so having adjust-ability is nice.
Old 06-10-16, 08:08 AM
St4nc3
Lead Lap

I would say with headers and Varex on the open position would sound like ISS DES exhaust and borla exhaust. As these are the quietest exhaust in the market. But overall nice sound with hardly any drone.
Old 06-10-16, 03:14 PM
fathorsejr
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by St4nc3
I would say with headers and Varex on the open position would sound like ISS DES exhaust and borla exhaust. As these are the quietest exhaust in the market. But overall nice sound with hardly any drone.
a buddy of mine has the xforce non-varex exhaust with no headers and its louder. C'mon MAN! Lol
Old 06-10-16, 03:34 PM
St4nc3
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by fathorsejr
a buddy of mine has the xforce non-varex exhaust with no headers and its louder. C'mon MAN! Lol
Hey hey don't shoot the messenger, Lol. After all we don't know if he was WOT window up or down as he didn't state on his video. But the sound is good for just gutted cats and full XForce non Varex
Old 06-10-16, 03:36 PM
fathorsejr
Rookie

Originally Posted by St4nc3
Hey hey don't shoot the messenger, Lol. After all we don't know if he was WOT window up or down as he didn't state on his video. But the sound is good for just gutted cats and full XForce non Varex
I just want a stupid loud exhaust when I want and quiet when I need it to be. I don't wanna pay 4K for a dual mode 😩😩😩😩
Old 06-14-16, 10:00 AM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Has anyone done an exhaust cutout lets say before or after the resonator? Is there room for it? Kind of the same idea like the varex mufflers, but you end up keeping the stock exhaust.
Old 06-14-16, 01:19 PM
St4nc3
Lead Lap

I just want a stupid loud exhaust when I want and quiet when I need it to be. I don't wanna pay 4K for a dual mode 😩😩😩😩
Lmao, I hear ya bro, but tons of guys here don't like loud exhaust either because it disturbs their neighbors, emission issues, heavy drone in cabin, etc etc. as they are guys that love loud exhaust tones. It really comes down to preferences and what you are willing to sacrifice, either loud exhaust tones for max HP, or sacrifice some HP for a more melody exhaust tone. And from experience any exhaust either quiet or loud would only get louder if catless headers and full catback are installed that don't have secondary cats in place and or resonators. So you would have to try and find the best mix of applications for the tones you are looking for
Old 06-14-16, 02:33 PM
Vervish
Racer

Maybe you add 2 dump valves before the resonators? That should be as loud as it gets..with the ability to quite it down.
Old 06-14-16, 10:37 PM
sedition
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

How does the non-Varex sound compared to the Joe-Z? From the videos they seem very similar.
Old 06-15-16, 02:01 AM
fathorsejr
Rookie

Originally Posted by sedition
How does the non-Varex sound compared to the Joe-Z? From the videos they seem very similar.
It sounds very close to stock. Joez is a lot louder.
Old 06-15-16, 08:09 AM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

^so if the non-varex sounds very close to stock the only sound increase ill potentially see is the fact that ill no longer have the secondary cats. I already have headers with stock exhaust and the sound is ok, but i want to go aftermarket for the performance and hopefully a little bit of weight savings.
Old 06-15-16, 08:48 AM
St4nc3
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GS4_CS
^so if the non-varex sounds very close to stock the only sound increase ill potentially see is the fact that ill no longer have the secondary cats. I already have headers with stock exhaust and the sound is ok, but i want to go aftermarket for the performance and hopefully a little bit of weight savings.
From personal experience having the Varex exhaust it's about 8-10lbs lighter then stock. And secondly the reason because it's not as loud as the JoeZ is due to its pipe sizing towards the muffler ends, it's the only difference I have seen between both
Old 06-15-16, 09:17 AM
Vervish
Racer

^ What do you mean? I thought the diameter is the same as Joe Z no?
Old 06-15-16, 09:23 AM
St4nc3
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Vervish
^ What do you mean? I thought the diameter is the same as Joe Z no?
Not the exhaust part, the catback section is the same all the way back up until the muffler part

Quick Reply: X-Force Exhaust - Review