mindcrime
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

thank you. gonna order a pair
Old 03-05-17, 04:34 PM
AndrewISF
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Be sure to post some pics after they're installed.
Old 03-05-17, 06:07 PM
ilv1004s
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

i have installed a number of these in australia as i run a lexus workshop after hours
its practically same design with JOE-z with **** quality i hear its actually a copy of JOE-Z
its a pain in the *** to fit it in as theres too many parts to it and needs adjusting every pipe to get it sit right
i guess all i can say is you get what you pay for
but i wouldnt even consider X-Force or anything like that in the same sentence with Joe-Z
support genuine guys
Old 03-06-17, 05:14 AM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Well, it's not really a copy. There's only a handful of ways to route a dual exhaust so there's always going to be similarities but it's quite different. It's also a third of the price, and even half the price of the next cheapest system which isn't even flanged. So for $630 shipped I'd say people are getting exactly what they expect.
The following 3 users liked this post by FFM:
isfvss (03-07-17), LOWFAST (03-06-17), supersonic (03-06-17)
Old 03-06-17, 08:01 PM
ilv1004s
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

maybe the product you get is not the same as the products i see here
iv installed both X force and Joe-z and they look remarkably similar and yes i was one of the first ones in australia to install a X force onto a customers car
and just incase you are wondering i did a side by side comparision with the joez stock i had on hand
Old 03-07-17, 07:04 AM
mindcrime
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i've had mine for about 9 months and it still looks good. i've driven 30-40 minutes, put car on lift and touch the exhaust with bare hand and it isn't even very hot. haven't noticed any corrosion ect either. I got mine NIB for $500 shipped from a member here.
Old 03-07-17, 12:01 PM
AndrewISF
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

I've had mine on for 10 months now with no issues. Still sounds great, no rusting, no leaks so I'm very happy overall. The tips did have to be trimmed a few inches during install but other than that it fit well(not sure if this has been addressed with the 'revised' version). The welds may not be as pretty as the JoeZ exhaust but they work and being a 1/3 of the price is hard to ignore unless you like to lay under your car and admire your exhaust welds.
The following 2 users liked this post by AndrewISF:
supersonic (03-07-17), willstroo (03-07-17)
Old 03-07-17, 03:08 PM
isfvss
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 115 Posts

The Xforce is a very good product no problems fitting it, no drone and sounds great, price $ 1700 fitted and delivered and a 5 year warranty. I couldn't even get a joe Z or a set of ppe extractors from Chatswood Lexus Australia because they don't import them any more. Price in the USA is pretty cheap I think a set of PPE extractors is around $2200 plus fitting, if you can find them over here. I think RR Racing should open a shop down under I will manage it for you free of charge
Old 03-07-17, 04:55 PM
STLblueF
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I couldn't be happier with my varex kit unless they offered through the bumper quad ti tips and an option for bolt on HFCs for those with headers. I am honestly pretty impressed with it for the money.
Old 03-07-17, 06:03 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Ive had my xforce for a few months now and no complaints. Ordered the tips so ill update some pics once i get them installed.
Old 03-08-17, 11:45 AM
ISF5L
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Been running the Varex earlier model for over a year now. Overall happy, sounds great but did have a few initial issues:

1. After 1 week it would stop working. The remotes was not responsive, the motor on the varex mufflers wouldnt work. Kept blowing fuses. After replacing fuses about 2-3 times the installer agreed to have a more in depth look and traced it back to a wiring issue. Fixed it and its been working great since except for 1 time.
2. About 1 month ago, drivers side muffler stopped opening/closing. Took back again, motor ceased on the muffler so they replaced it.

So besides these minor issues, overall its been great. Compared to an Armytrix etc, the remotes are a bit cheap looking however not a deal breaker. Newer models offer the bluetooth module that you can control the mufflers via your phone. Again not a deal breaker for me, maybe more to go wrong but for the money, it was a great option for me at the time.
Old 03-08-17, 12:15 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Armytrix would also be a 2k+ system guaranteed on our cars. I don't find them to be all that special but they market themselves very well.
Old 03-08-17, 12:40 PM
ISF5L
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by FFM
Armytrix would also be a 2k+ system guaranteed on our cars. I don't find them to be all that special but they market themselves very well.
100% agree. I live in Sydney, so it would be closer to triple that lol. Ive seen some of the install vids and the packaging alone that the remotes come in look fancy etc

I got mine installed at the Xforce head office in Syd, its a massive warehouse and they had their advertising room, black curtain everywhere to photo the exhausts etc. They promote alot in the states now with the Mustang etc but like you say, Armytrix market really well and associate themselves with the likes of R35's, Audi's etc.
Old 03-08-17, 01:27 PM
Vervish
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 86 Posts

I have had my Varex since June (about 9 months - 3K miles) on my F:

Pros:
- pipes still look perfect
- motors have worked perfectly for me but then again I drive with flap open 99% of time
-I thought the quality of the welds were ok overall. Not nearly as good as JoeZ and others, but not crap either IMO.

Cons:
- had a slight fitment issue in which it would be a little clank at slow speeds on bumpy roads (only audible with windows down). This went away after the shop adjusted the pipes slightly.
- have a rubbery squeak sound on cold startup - lasts about 1 min then goes away. Also makes same squeaking noise when I shake the the exhaust. Not sure if it is the hangers or something else.

Overall I am very happy with the exhaust and the ability to quiet it down on the fly.
The following users liked this post:
footballpl (06-24-21)
Old 03-08-17, 02:00 PM
isfvss
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 115 Posts

Anyone with a Xforce with twin tips if so what brand, and any problems fitting them and pics ??

Quick Reply: X-Force Exhaust - Review