IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

X-Force Exhaust - Review

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-17, 06:11 PM
s2kjer
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jum3
Thank you. They were able to match it. Real MVP advice.
Nice, when is your ship date? Did they take payment up front?
Old 10-30-17, 09:35 AM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

It shipped already and its arriving this week. Their Nevada shipping point works great for us in California. I ordered my Helmet a week before a track event and got it in 2-days on standard shipping.
Old 11-01-17, 01:01 PM
s2kjer
Driver

Wow,mine still has not shipped
Old 11-11-17, 10:50 AM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Well.. I got mine installed and ran into a few issues. It was a July 2017 build-date. I dind't need to modify the hangers, but they had to trim the muffler tips. Thought this was addressed? Also, when tightened, it came in contact with the rear cross brace. We reinstalled it several times and just had to dent it in to clear.

Now on to the sound. It's deafening loud right now. It drones under 2200 Rpm and especially during freeways and low speed acceleration. Does this quiet down and how long is the break in?
The following users liked this post:
s2kjer (11-12-17)
Old 11-11-17, 11:23 PM
5ltrv8
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Well.. I got mine installed and ran into a few issues. It was a July 2017 build-date. I dind't need to modify the hangers, but they had to trim the muffler tips. Thought this was addressed? Also, when tightened, it came in contact with the rear cross brace. We reinstalled it several times and just had to dent it in to clear.

Now on to the sound. It's deafening loud right now. It drones under 2200 Rpm and especially during freeways and low speed acceleration. Does this quiet down and how long is the break in?
It definitely quiets down considerably. I don’t even really hear mine on the freeway anymore. When I first put it on I found myself driving in 7th gear to get rid of the drone. You will love it after it is broken in.
The following 2 users liked this post by 5ltrv8:
F_Throttle (11-13-17), s2kjer (11-12-17)
Old 11-12-17, 09:08 AM
s2kjer
Driver

I should have mine this week. I am going to have it installed by an exhaust shop and two pipes fabricated to make it a muffler delete so I can swap them if I want. I'll keep you all posted of how it works out...
Old 11-13-17, 08:51 AM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 5ltrv8
It definitely quiets down considerably. I don’t even really hear mine on the freeway anymore. When I first put it on I found myself driving in 7th gear to get rid of the drone. You will love it after it is broken in.
Thank you. That was reassuring. I also am hanging into lower gears now to get rid of the drone. Now I'm afraid of installing my headers.
s2kjer (11-18-17)
Old 11-14-17, 10:12 PM
ISFerr
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi, I was wondering if you used the supplied gaskets that came with this exhaust system? I've been researching on this forum and people say that it's better to use the OEM gaskets because the supplied ones cause are no good and cause leaks. I'm going to have my Xforce system installed this weekend so if you can let me know I'd gladly appreciate it.
Old 11-15-17, 10:13 AM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ISFerr
Hi, I was wondering if you used the supplied gaskets that came with this exhaust system? I've been researching on this forum and people say that it's better to use the OEM gaskets because the supplied ones cause are no good and cause leaks. I'm going to have my Xforce system installed this weekend so if you can let me know I'd gladly appreciate it.
I used the supplied gaskets, and I missed the earlier posts about using something else. Installer said no leaks, but now you've got me worried.
ISFerr (11-15-17)
Old 11-15-17, 10:19 AM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

I am really hesitant in installing my PPE headers.. Does anyone have any experience with headers and high-flow cats, with this exhaust?
Old 11-15-17, 12:26 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,951 Likes on 1,374 Posts

Yes, I have:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...e-muffler.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...e-headers.html

With PPE exhaust

Lou
Old 11-15-17, 03:44 PM
WillK
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Use the stock gaskets at the cats, but the provided ones in the kit are fine for the remainder.
Old 11-15-17, 05:01 PM
yusoslo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone has a solution for the rasp when opened? Ive heard youtube vids with Varex and headers and its sounds raspy opened up.
I plan on gutting all cats on oem headers, rr racing tune and intake, and this exhaust.
I need no drone on the highway, so I was thinking resonators, or if this exhaust doesnt have an x pipe, then install a resonated x pipe like a magnaflow to eliminate rasp
sorry for newb questions, baby wearing at the moment so not much time to research.

Last edited by yusoslo; 11-15-17 at 05:05 PM.
Old 11-18-17, 10:04 AM
s2kjer
Driver

Well I got my non varex system installed on Thursday and like everyone else, I had the same issues. Had to bend the brace pipe in the middle, had to cut off the tips slightly, and the kit was missing a manifold gasket. Other than that it went on fine. I am running it with muffler delete pipes and so far it is pretty damn loud. I am hoping it quiets down a bit after driving it for a week or so. If not the mufflers might go on.
Old 11-18-17, 11:13 PM
s2kjer
Driver

Originally Posted by s2kjer
Well I got my non varex system installed on Thursday and like everyone else, I had the same issues. Had to bend the brace pipe in the middle, had to cut off the tips slightly, and the kit was missing a manifold gasket. Other than that it went on fine. I am running it with muffler delete pipes and so far it is pretty damn loud. I am hoping it quiets down a bit after driving it for a week or so. If not the mufflers might go on.
So I went back to mufflers with my non varex system. If anyone is looking to go the route of muffler deletes let me know. I only used these 2 days and I'll sell them to you at a good price.

Quick Reply: X-Force Exhaust - Review