IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

X-Force Exhaust - Review

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-19, 06:20 AM
1sFTW
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Nutz503
Soon to be F owner. Was wondering if someone could pm the info of where to purchase this exhaust for 600. Cheers
I got mine from vivid racing but I don’t think they carry the product anymore. You probably won’t be able to find it for that price point anymore. From the looks of it, you may be looking at around 8-9 hundred bones
Old 08-30-19, 09:08 AM
Toprawman
Pit Crew

Received 91 Likes on 43 Posts

Which is louder? X-Force or Muffler Delete?
Old 08-30-19, 09:10 AM
xdejablu3x
Intermediate

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Toprawman
Which is louder? X-Force or Muffler Delete?
Muffler delete will always be louder. That's why mufflers are called mufflers. It's to help muffle down the exhaust volume overall. Resonators are different as they change the resonance rather than volume.
Old 10-25-19, 05:47 PM
TurboGti
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just installed ppe headers onto my xforce.
The sounds is simply amazing.
People are correct when they say YouTube doesn't carry over the sound properly, I wasn't expecting such a great sound.

Raspy at revs above 3k
No drone but I haven't driven it much to fully experience the entire RPM band.
Old 10-26-19, 11:18 PM
ISF5L
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboGti
Just installed ppe headers onto my xforce.
The sounds is simply amazing.
People are correct when they say YouTube doesn't carry over the sound properly, I wasn't expecting such a great sound.

Raspy at revs above 3k
No drone but I haven't driven it much to fully experience the entire RPM band.
Agree 100%. I loved my Xforce alone, really brought the V8 alive but most of the reviews, youtube, comments etc about the combo with PPE didnt prepare me either. I knew about the potential smell being catless etc but i couldnt believe how much louder it was and that i hadnt read that opinion before.
So much more aggressive and raspy. Just a snap of the throttle and it barks quite loud, pedestrians are constantly turning around haha.
If you want it quiet though, well i wouldnt recommended it at all. Fortunately i got the varex with smartbox so with the Mrs and leaving the house early morning, i can atleast quieten it down until on a main road.
Been a few years now and the sound and downshifts never gets boring, still love the sound
The following users liked this post:
TurboGti (10-27-19)
Old 10-27-19, 03:15 PM
jat0223
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Has anyone compared this exhaust to the borla. Is it louder? I currently have the borla but want something louder with the ability to quiet down when need to.
Old 11-01-19, 08:47 AM
nickj718
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 44 Posts

Get RR Racing blast pipes if thats the case
Old 11-01-19, 09:42 AM
Toprawman
Pit Crew

Received 91 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by jat0223
Has anyone compared this exhaust to the borla. Is it louder? I currently have the borla but want something louder with the ability to quiet down when need to.
PPE Valved Exhaust or XForce Valved Exhaust are options. If your pockets are deep you could go GT Haus Valved Exhaust.

Last edited by Toprawman; 11-01-19 at 10:07 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-01-19, 10:05 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 701 Likes on 615 Posts

We can get you the PPE or GTHAUS exhaust for you at a great price!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 12-20-19, 10:17 AM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Received 263 Likes on 159 Posts

Can anyone comment on how the XForce compares to the Joez in terms of drone, sound, leaks after install etc. I currently run PPE UEL+Borla but would like to get rid of some drone(two resonators have not helped and not trying to add cats or silencers), and I've run variations of Borla for 3+ years now. I heard PPE+Joez and it seems to sound better with less drone. I've been told Xforce has cheaper or thinner metal or is inconsistent sounding between different XForce batches. Thoughts?
Old 12-20-19, 10:48 AM
itsmike177
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

I have had both JoeZ full catback and now Xforce full catback with Varex mufflers. No other mods, meaning no aftermarket headers, no aftermarket intake etc. Both exhausts drone on the highway going steady state speeds. Closing the valve on the Xforce Varex removes the highway speed drones and sounds quieter than stock to me. No leaks for either JoeZ or Xforce, but fitment and quality on the JoeZ is much better. I’m not sure about the materials used, but the JoeZ metal feels to be of better quality too. Went with Xforce due to the lower cost and Varex mufflers when others are in the car. My ears would ring after extended driving with either exhaust. Pros and cons.... can’t have it all without breaking the bank.....

Originally Posted by LexusfanVA
Can anyone comment on how the XForce compares to the Joez in terms of drone, sound, leaks after install etc. I currently run PPE UEL+Borla but would like to get rid of some drone(two resonators have not helped and not trying to add cats or silencers), and I've run variations of Borla for 3+ years now. I heard PPE+Joez and it seems to sound better with less drone. I've been told Xforce has cheaper or thinner metal or is inconsistent sounding between different XForce batches. Thoughts?
Old 12-20-19, 11:07 AM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Originally Posted by itsmike177
I have had both JoeZ full catback and now Xforce full catback with Varex mufflers. No other mods, meaning no aftermarket headers, no aftermarket intake etc. Both exhausts drone on the highway going steady state speeds. Closing the valve on the Xforce Varex removes the highway speed drones and sounds quieter than stock to me. No leaks for either JoeZ or Xforce, but fitment and quality on the JoeZ is much better. I’m not sure about the materials used, but the JoeZ metal feels to be of better quality too. Went with Xforce due to the lower cost and Varex mufflers when others are in the car. My ears would ring after extended driving with either exhaust. Pros and cons.... can’t have it all without breaking the bank.....
Thanks for the feedback. The Xforce+varex mufflers are very interesting, certainly more so than $3k for PPE dual mode. Can you comment on how long you've had them installed and how often you open them? The 3 friends I've known with QTP cutouts done have had issues within a year, and I've read of one or two people having an issue with different or failed Xforce motors on theirs. Knowing me, I'd want to operate them at least once every single day. Paul or Eric at PPE assured me in 5 years of those dual mode exhausts they've only seen a few issues that were resolved, curious how Xforce varex mufflers compare for longevity. To be clear, I'm fine with some drone, but am aiming for less. I've had 6 variations of exhaust setups on my car with Borla and ready to try something else.
Old 12-20-19, 11:33 AM
Vervish
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 86 Posts

I have had Varex since they were first released a few years ago.

I had on and off problems with the muffler flap on one muffler. I thought the issue I was having was being caused by the push button remote. If you hold the button down too long, you can over-crank the flap and it ends up jamming - I never had an issue with the motor itself. To solve this, I purchased the Varex smartbox module and my mufflers would not work correctly at all. It turns out, because I bought the early release version, it was shipped to me with 2 different model mufflers and that is why they never functioned as they should...

I spoke to X-force and they sent me 2 new varex mufflers. Since install of the new mufflers this summer, they have been 100% trouble free. I programmed the smart box to automatically open and close valves based on RPM (so the valves are always moving) and they have been very reliable so far.
ISF5L (12-29-19)
Old 12-20-19, 11:47 AM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Originally Posted by Vervish
I have had Varex since they were first released a few years ago.

I had on and off problems with the muffler flap on one muffler. I thought the issue I was having was being caused by the push button remote. If you hold the button down too long, you can over-crank the flap and it ends up jamming - I never had an issue with the motor itself. To solve this, I purchased the Varex smartbox module and my mufflers would not work correctly at all. It turns out, because I bought the early release version, it was shipped to me with 2 different model mufflers and that is why they never functioned as they should...

I spoke to X-force and they sent me 2 new varex mufflers. Since install of the new mufflers this summer, they have been 100% trouble free. I programmed the smart box to automatically open and close valves based on RPM (so the valves are always moving) and they have been very reliable so far.
Not to be crude but several years of issues ultimately requiring new mufflers but zero issues since summer? How many miles? Is the always active method the only way then or are you able to close and open as you like also? Very nice to see that they were able to help even years after purchase. Glad to hear that they are working now but also curious about others experiences over the long run. I drive at least 20,000 miles a year.
Old 12-20-19, 12:01 PM
Vervish
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 86 Posts

Yeah, not the best testimony to reliability/longevity. I really believe (hope) all of my issues were because of the mismatched mufflers (motors worked fine the entire time). The muffler jammed 2 weeks after my initial purchase and plagued me the entire time thereafter. I don't daily mine - so mainly weekend drives, maybe 3K miles on the replacement mufflers so far.

With smart-box martix mode, you can control when and how much flaps open based on RPM, throttle input and speed. You also have the manual option to adjust to whatever % opening you want on the fly. There is also a geo tracking function (that I do not use) that opens and closes the valves based on location.

LexusfanVA (12-20-19)

Quick Reply: X-Force Exhaust - Review