IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

X-Force Exhaust - Review

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-20, 04:08 AM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Received 263 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowlane
Shop is currently installing right now and they've come across all the same issues as you mentioned, they said the quality was pretty bad . and its taking much longer to get it all to line up. They've spent hours on it $$$ and still not finished.

Can not believe they haven't rectified all of this by now, I mean they've been making these for the ISF for quite a few years now
Honestly maybe it’s the shop? My shop only took an hour even with having to trim an exhaust tip. But at nearly 1/3 the price of the next dual mode exhaust, it’s sadly to be expected. I do wish they had rectified the design but honestly I never said anything to Xforce about it. Guess I will write them an email this morning.
The following users liked this post:
Slowlane (07-21-20)
Old 07-21-20, 10:29 AM
93MSB
Instructor

Received 160 Likes on 103 Posts

It looks like xforce is made in Austrailia. I wonder if there is a slight difference on the under body between RHD and LHD. Trying to decide myself if I want to pull the trigger on this exhaust.
Old 07-21-20, 02:14 PM
Slowlane
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusfanVA
Honestly maybe it’s the shop? My shop only took an hour even with having to trim an exhaust tip. But at nearly 1/3 the price of the next dual mode exhaust, it’s sadly to be expected. I do wish they had rectified the design but honestly I never said anything to Xforce about it. Guess I will write them an email this morning.
Thanks, l'll mention this to the shop.
The shops owner is installing it, he said he wanted to do it himself to make sure it all goes on properly.
he called me last night and told me how bad he Thought the system was and asked me "if still wanted to have it installed" that's how bad he thought it was.
This shop has been in business with same owner for over 25 years.

All 5/5 star reviews, he's very trusted.

Last edited by Slowlane; 07-21-20 at 02:41 PM.
Joe Z (07-22-20)
Old 07-21-20, 02:21 PM
Slowlane
Driver

Originally Posted by 93MSB
It looks like xforce is made in Austrailia. I wonder if there is a slight difference on the under body between RHD and LHD. Trying to decide myself if I want to pull the trigger on this exhaust.
Nope!!
I'm in Australia as well.
Pretty sure Xforce is made in China and designed by an Australian company

Last edited by Slowlane; 07-21-20 at 02:34 PM.
Old 07-21-20, 03:48 PM
93MSB
Instructor

Nope!!
I'm in Australia as well.
Pretty sure Xforce is made in China and designed by an Australian company
MYTH BUSTED lol

I don't suppose you could get any pics could you? I'm interested to see where they had issues with fitment.
Old 07-21-20, 04:43 PM
Slowlane
Driver

MYTH BUSTED lol

I don't suppose you could get any pics could you? I'm interested to see where they had issues with fitment.
I dropped in this morning and most of the adjustments were made, I was too late for pics. This is going to cost me a fortune to install.
Old 07-22-20, 03:59 AM
Slowlane
Driver

MYTH BUSTED lol

They did send me some photos but there was more issues than this.

93MSB (07-22-20)
Old 07-22-20, 04:08 AM
Slowlane
Driver

Here's a video clip the shop sent me, resolution is bad but you can hear it pretty clearly
Old 07-22-20, 05:45 AM
1sFTW
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

I wonder what the deal is here? Just bad batches or what? Maybe there is a correlation between bad batches with whom the vendor is? I got mine from vivid racing and it was perfectly fine. The most time consuming part of the install was moving the jack stands from the from the front to the rear (only have 2 stands) lol. I now have ppe headers and again, clearance And fitment was perfect during my installation process.
mike33 (07-23-20)
Old 07-23-20, 01:19 AM
Slowlane
Driver

Originally Posted by 1sFTW
I wonder what the deal is here? Just bad batches or what? Maybe there is a correlation between bad batches with whom the vendor is? I got mine from vivid racing and it was perfectly fine. The most time consuming part of the install was moving the jack stands from the from the front to the rear (only have 2 stands) lol. I now have ppe headers and again, clearance And fitment was perfect during my installation process.
who knows, your guess is as good as mine.

I emailed Xforce regarding these issues, they asked for photos which l sent yesterday. We'll see if they reply, l'm not holding my breath.
Old 07-29-20, 07:49 PM
93MSB
Instructor

who knows, your guess is as good as mine.

I emailed Xforce regarding these issues, they asked for photos which l sent yesterday. We'll see if they reply, l'm not holding my breath.
Did they give you a response?
Old 07-29-20, 08:26 PM
Slowlane
Driver

Did they give you a response?
Nope, nothing at all !! Pretty bad form don't you think?
Old 07-30-20, 05:11 AM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Received 263 Likes on 159 Posts

They have not emailed me back either. Personally I don’t think this is that huge a deal. The next step up to an available ISF dual mode exhaust is $2600+ PPE. Then Meisterschaft, then a $5k+ Novel. I have two local buddies with The GTHAUS on their RCF and G37. Both have had issues with their valves not even two months old. The Borla I bought new in 2016 was the cheapest exhaust available then and it was $1200 and used slip fit connections which have a tendency to leak..A $1100 dual mode exhaust from China which is a borderline ripoff of a Joez, you’re going to experience some sort of issues.

I had minor issues with Xforce install and my install was still ~$250 and took about 1.5 hours max.
The following 2 users liked this post by LexusfanVA:
Positron (07-30-20), Slowlane (07-30-20)
Old 07-30-20, 11:12 AM
Wh0pp3r
Intermediate

Received 87 Likes on 60 Posts

What about the RR-Racing magnaflow or bazooka exhaust. that just around the same pricing as the JoeZ. havent heard complaints on that one and im going that route due to JoeZ being discontinued.
Old 08-02-20, 07:50 AM
1sFTW
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Wh0pp3r
What about the RR-Racing magnaflow or bazooka exhaust. that just around the same pricing as the JoeZ. havent heard complaints on that one and im going that route due to JoeZ being discontinued.
Not sure how much the JoeZ was, but the ones you are looking at from RR is just for mufflers. You still have to add the 1,038 option to get you a borla cat back. I THINK the cat back in the option is a Borla but don’t quote me on that. So for that full set youre looking at 1600+, was the joez this much? I purchased the xforce brand new for like 600 and installed myself. If i had issues and needed an exhaust shop, it probably would have been an extra 2-300? 900 all in will still save you some bread.

Quick Reply: X-Force Exhaust - Review