X-Force Exhaust - Review

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-20, 02:55 PM
Slowlane
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 93MSB
hahah nope, I threw those away!

Thanks! it took about 6 hours including making spacers and hard wiring in the control box. I'm thankful I got some of my grandfathers mechanic skills.
Thats roughly how long it took my shop to do it and thats on a lift !!!
Old 08-25-20, 06:08 PM
ISF5L
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowlane
Nope!!
I'm in Australia as well.
Pretty sure Xforce is made in China and designed by an Australian company
Just saw your post. Im Syd AU based and actually had Xforce themselves at their head office do my install. Long wait time at the time i purchased so no shop had any for sale.
Took the installer Mat about 6hrs with a lunch break to install mine. I guess if there was fittment issues he didnt tell me but its been about 5 yrs ive had the Xforce varex and no fittment issues.
Ive just had varex motor issues seizing but touch wood, its been problem free for well over a yr.
Strange they havent got back to you. I think over the 5 yrs ive been back to them maybe 4 times or so for valve seizing issues but they were always accomodating and never charged even though im sure i was out of warranty.
Worthwhile calling them again to chase it up. Im sure its Matt who they will consult with. Another name Dean rings a bell who works in their head office.
Hope you get those fittment issues sorted
Old 08-25-20, 06:43 PM
Slowlane
Driver

Originally Posted by ISF5L
Just saw your post. Im Syd AU based and actually had Xforce themselves at their head office do my install. Long wait time at the time i purchased so no shop had any for sale.
Took the installer Mat about 6hrs with a lunch break to install mine. I guess if there was fittment issues he didnt tell me but its been about 5 yrs ive had the Xforce varex and no fittment issues.
Ive just had varex motor issues seizing but touch wood, its been problem free for well over a yr.
Strange they havent got back to you. I think over the 5 yrs ive been back to them maybe 4 times or so for valve seizing issues but they were always accomodating and never charged even though im sure i was out of warranty.
Worthwhile calling them again to chase it up. Im sure its Matt who they will consult with. Another name Dean rings a bell who works in their head office.
Hope you get those fittment issues sorted
Good to see they're looking after you.
Mines all good now after all the mods to make it fit similar to 93SMB fitment above.
Just out of curiosity as to why they're not responding l sent them another email asking if they've received the requested photos.
This was their reply, that's it lol.

"Hi Jim

We reserve the right to repair or replace any product that is deemed to be faulty as per our Warranty statement, As we were not given the chance to do either, we are unable to assist.

Kind regards,
Andrew
Xforce Performance Exhaust"
Old 08-25-20, 06:51 PM
ISF5L
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowlane
Good to see they're looking after you.
Mines all good now after all the mods to make it fit similar to 93SMB fitment above.
Just out of curiosity as to why they're not responding l sent them another email asking if they've received the requested photos.
This was their reply, that's it lol.

"Hi Jim

We reserve the right to repair or replace any product that is deemed to be faulty as per our Warranty statement, As we were not given the chance to do either, we are unable to assist.

Kind regards,
Andrew
Xforce Performance Exhaust"
Wow, not exactly inspiring you to want to leave a 5 star review lol. I recall one time was waiting there a bit so they even offered to get me a burger as one of the guys was doing a lunch run lol. They gave me spare varex motors too and 1 time changed the whole muffler for me at no charge.
I guess because they did my install they did all that but still, you still purchased their product so yeah the reply you got isnt exactly customer positive influenced :-(
Glad you got it sorted. From memory i paid them about 1.8k supply and fitted, not sure if prices have changed much since 2015
Old 08-25-20, 07:37 PM
Slowlane
Driver

Originally Posted by ISF5L
Wow, not exactly inspiring you to want to leave a 5 star review lol. I recall one time was waiting there a bit so they even offered to get me a burger as one of the guys was doing a lunch run lol. They gave me spare varex motors too and 1 time changed the whole muffler for me at no charge.
I guess because they did my install they did all that but still, you still purchased their product so yeah the reply you got isnt exactly customer positive influenced :-(
Glad you got it sorted. From memory i paid them about 1.8k supply and fitted, not sure if prices have changed much since 2015
If I knew back then I would have traveled 1hr to the Victorian supplier that supplied my exhaust, they do installs as well for a quote of $200 to 300 but I thought what could go wrong. I had quotes close to me from $100 to $250, I ended up going to a reputable place that quoted 1.5 to 2hrs to install at $130 per hr, he said he spent about 7 hrs but charged me 4.5 hrs + sundries.
Old 03-13-21, 05:26 PM
funkifiedG
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed this on a lift with some buddies, fortunately one guy has a lift in his garage. Im sure glad he did because this would have been near impossible for me to cut the header bolts off, which also incidentally landed me in the hospital with a eye particle extraction.....

AnywaysI had 3 issues with this install, otherwise everything else went on smooth.

1. My header bolts were rusted and siezed (not Xforce's fault obviously)
2. The crossbar in the middle of the car did touch, just need some spacers or a hammer lol
3. The tip of the muffler on the passenger side was about an inch too long and put pressure on the fakie exhaust tips, and as we finished the install the welds that held the tips literally cracked and fell off the mesh backing lol.

So now I'm left with 2 options, cut the tip on the muffler and replace the OEM tips (either by repairing my existing or buying used parts), or remove the other side to match and find a suitable tip to install. Has anyone done this yet? Looks like its a tough option as the tip does not sit in the middle of the opening.

Old 03-15-21, 01:59 AM
Slowlane
Driver

Originally Posted by funkifiedG
I installed this on a lift with some buddies, fortunately one guy has a lift in his garage. Im sure glad he did because this would have been near impossible for me to cut the header bolts off, which also incidentally landed me in the hospital with a eye particle extraction.....

AnywaysI had 3 issues with this install, otherwise everything else went on smooth.

1. My header bolts were rusted and siezed (not Xforce's fault obviously)
2. The crossbar in the middle of the car did touch, just need some spacers or a hammer lol
3. The tip of the muffler on the passenger side was about an inch too long and put pressure on the fakie exhaust tips, and as we finished the install the welds that held the tips literally cracked and fell off the mesh backing lol.

So now I'm left with 2 options, cut the tip on the muffler and replace the OEM tips (either by repairing my existing or buying used parts), or remove the other side to match and find a suitable tip to install. Has anyone done this yet? Looks like its a tough option as the tip does not sit in the middle of the opening.

Amazing X-Force choose to do nothing to correct all of this even after it was brought to their attention
Old 05-01-21, 07:53 PM
funkifiedG
Driver School Candidate

Just wanted to update this thread a bit.

To solve my problem of the OEM fakie exhaust tip falling off I purchased this on eBay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/152232848229

Ya I know they’re not OEM, but they sure did the trick! The muffler no longer touches it, so there’s no pressure on the tips anymore. Which also meant I did not have to trim the muffler.

Heres a pic showing the size and profile difference

The box came with some Allen head screws for hardware, but for the sake of consistency I bought some M6, 10mm hex head screws, nuts and 1/4” washers.

I appreciate the engineering of the OEM part, but the lighter and lower profile aftermarket piece was welcome. I sheared off 2 screws off the original because they were seized. On the new install, I put some copper anti seize on all the new hardware for easy future removal.

Final install after a quick wash. Overall looks good and did the job. Shaved off a few pounds of weight as well! Lol

They look pretty good overall until you get close up and see how it’s tack welded. Minor issue considering the price and the goal I needed them to accomplish.

Since my bumper was off, it was a good opportunity to hook up the smart box and run the wiring through the car. And I must say the control it provides is pretty slick well worth the money IMO.

Overall, I’m pretty happy with the setup, wife likes it too! The valve control is great, I didn’t notice any drone when wide open or on any setting, it quiet when you want and comes alive when you want. This is all one can ask for from an exhaust setup.

thanks to Josh at Meraki for help on the purchase of this as well!

Last edited by funkifiedG; 05-01-21 at 11:30 PM.
Old 05-03-21, 08:23 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,082 Likes on 2,474 Posts

I've seen those tips in person. Not a fan at all.
The following 3 users liked this post by lobuxracer:
ALexusF (05-03-21), LexusfanVA (05-04-21), WhyHateTho (05-03-21)
Old 05-03-21, 08:49 AM
funkifiedG
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I've seen those tips in person. Not a fan at all.
ya I can def see why you wouldn’t be. I’m normally pretty picky when it comes to my parts. But I needed something quick so that I wasn’t rolling around with nothing. These will come off eventually when a suitable tip replacement is found for the XForce muffler.
Old 05-03-21, 10:11 AM
xdejablu3x
Intermediate

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

ya I can def see why you wouldn’t be. I’m normally pretty picky when it comes to my parts. But I needed something quick so that I wasn’t rolling around with nothing. These will come off eventually when a suitable tip replacement is found for the XForce muffler.
You can always cut the piping on the mufflers, to shorten them down,, which pushes them back more and it'll give you room to weld on custom tips to the mufflers. Some IS-F owners have already done that.
Old 05-03-21, 03:57 PM
funkifiedG
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by xdejablu3x
You can always cut the piping on the mufflers, to shorten them down,, which pushes them back more and it'll give you room to weld on custom tips to the mufflers. Some IS-F owners have already done that.
ya thats the next step, I really just wanted something to make it look complete for now.

Would you be able to refer to any pics/threads/posts/users of their completed work?
Old 05-04-21, 05:50 AM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Received 263 Likes on 159 Posts

ya thats the next step, I really just wanted something to make it look complete for now.

Would you be able to refer to any pics/threads/posts/users of their completed work?
There are tons on the FB groups with tips welded onto Xforce and other exhausts. Sadly not a fan of those ebay tips at all. Any muffler should could have cut the 1/4" off, or just welded any assortment of tips on for cheaper than the ebay tips.
Old 05-04-21, 05:08 PM
mike33
Intermediate

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts

I would cut the muffler tip, fix the oe tips and reinstall those for now at least... I had those "ebay" tips on my car when
I purchased it and because there is no heat shielding on them the heat of the exhaust was starting to deform the bumper
at the top edge of the opening where the tips are mounted.
Old 05-04-21, 06:46 PM
funkifiedG
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mike33
I would cut the muffler tip, fix the oe tips and reinstall those for now at least... I had those "ebay" tips on my car when
I purchased it and because there is no heat shielding on them the heat of the exhaust was starting to deform the bumper
at the top edge of the opening where the tips are mounted.
thanks for the heads up on that. This thought did cross my mind when I was installing them, so good to know.

Quick Reply: X-Force Exhaust - Review