Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

If u want 2 doors rcf but its heavier , 4 doors isf is your best bet
Old 02-13-16, 01:48 PM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by k20trick
I've heard the RCFs move slow, if that's within your budget have you tried looking elsewhere?
Hmmm...in my opinion when I drove it several times around the track at From the Asphalt Up event. It felt immediately more refined. The handling was improved as you felt it immediately. The combination of refiness and weight made the speed pick up quite deceiving. It felt like you were going 80mph but when you looked at the odometer you were well into triple digits. Did it make me jump ship? No. I would consider one further down the road as a nice coupe. While keeping my IS F first. The IS F feels more aggressive and less tame. Both are amazing in their own right.
Old 02-13-16, 02:21 PM
xellos
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SoulFreak
Hmmm...in my opinion when I drove it several times around the track at From the Asphalt Up event. It felt immediately more refined. The handling was improved as you felt it immediately. The combination of refiness and weight made the speed pick up quite deceiving. It felt like you were going 80mph but when you looked at the odometer you were well into triple digits. Did it make me jump ship? No. I would consider one further down the road as a nice coupe. While keeping my IS F first. The IS F feels more aggressive and less tame. Both are amazing in their own right.
I think he was talking about the RCFs not selling very quickly. Which has seemed to be true in most cases.
Old 02-13-16, 02:41 PM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by xellos
I think he was talking about the RCFs not selling very quickly. Which has seemed to be true in most cases.
Ahahahaha....that's funny...at the moment I must have misinterpreted what I read. I just realized what he meant. I stand corrected and yes I do agree. There not selling as much as planned.
Old 02-13-16, 03:44 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by SoulFreak
I feel that with the isf too your cruising well over 100mph in mexico and the the rpms are under 3k rpms it seems like your cruising at 35mph.

They better make it handle better, they added torque vectoring, beefier tires and tuned alot more out of the car.
Old 02-16-16, 01:50 PM
One2beH8ed
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So my lexus tech has a 2016 350 and I love it. I driove it today to work as he was working on my is300. obviously because its newer it has all the upgrades, cool nav, all digital tachometer like LFA, red race seats sorta like rcf and plenty of other things. I didnt mash it because its his car but it has some get up both nothing like the F by any means.

If you want a car that was really built for performance grab the F. You will be happy that you did. However there is a bunch of cool gadgets in the 2015 350's.

Its all in what you are looking for.
Old 02-16-16, 07:24 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Originally Posted by One2beH8ed
So my lexus tech has a 2016 350 and I love it. I driove it today to work as he was working on my is300. obviously because its newer it has all the upgrades, cool nav, all digital tachometer like LFA, red race seats sorta like rcf and plenty of other things. I didnt mash it because its his car but it has some get up both nothing like the F by any means.

If you want a car that was really built for performance grab the F. You will be happy that you did. However there is a bunch of cool gadgets in the 2015 350's.

Its all in what you are looking for.
I couldnt agree anymore, the 350 is a great car, but the isf takes it to another level for sure
Old 02-17-16, 07:47 AM
RCFC89
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife leased a IS250 F sport last year and loves it. The 200hp is plenty for her. I just drove a RC350 F sport that was traded in at my dealership and I must say I'm baffled and unimpressed. I'm curious where the 100hp difference is coming from because I honestly could barely tell. There is a difference between the two (250/350) for sure but not as dramatic as I expected. The ISF is a completely different animal.
Old 05-23-16, 12:22 PM
xellos
Driver

Well, after a long while, I finally did it. Ended up switching from the 14 IS350 F-sport into a USB 2010 ISF. I admit that I do miss certain things about the IS350 like the LFA style gauge, the interior, and the lower seating position. However, that's mostly forgotten with the V8 noise and opening up on the throttles.

As far as mods go, I'm looking at getting a Borla exhaust first. The ride didn't seem that uncomfortable to me, but I'll look at suspension upgrades after I do a HPDE class. I'll post some pics later after I wash the damn thing.
Old 05-23-16, 12:47 PM
gtrevels
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the Debt without Regret club!!
Old 05-23-16, 01:50 PM
St4nc3
Lead Lap

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

For the Feel and power of an ISF i'm willing to sacrifice a few electronics. Welcome to the F club. i just recently got and F myself. traded my 250 for it. a move i def dont regret and best part my pockets didnt stay empty CUZ. lol. (Tyrese Gibson's Voice) in Fast and Furious.
Old 05-23-16, 01:52 PM
St4nc3
Lead Lap

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by RCFC89
My wife leased a IS250 F sport last year and loves it. The 200hp is plenty for her. I just drove a RC350 F sport that was traded in at my dealership and I must say I'm baffled and unimpressed. I'm curious where the 100hp difference is coming from because I honestly could barely tell. There is a difference between the two (250/350) for sure but not as dramatic as I expected. The ISF is a completely different animal.
Thats probably due to the RC's body for a two door coupe being heavier then that of an IS body. RC350 is 200lbs or so heavier then the is350

Last edited by St4nc3; 05-23-16 at 02:04 PM.
Old 05-23-16, 07:27 PM
josh810
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats on the car! Great color choice too!
Old 05-23-16, 09:53 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Good job copping a USB, it's hands down one of the best colors for the ISF imho. You will turn heads everywhere with the shine...
Old 06-08-16, 09:36 AM
xellos
Driver

Made a fairly short road trip in my F recently going home...about 3 hours of driving. Cruising in the F is not bad though I have a couple of complaints. One is that the leather seats get warm over the course of the trip and two is the suspension can be jarring over moderate road imperfections. Otherwise it's great and I can't really stay near 70 (speed limit).

A couple of mildly interesting incidents happened. One was some dumb Camaro (not sure which version) trying to pass me on the right when there's a convoy of slow traffic ahead of me in the left lane. Not sure why people try to do this when they can just peek around and see what's causing the hold up. He then proceeds to tailgate me for w/e reason...maybe hoping that I would let him by into the slow traffic? It's super tempting to brake check, but that's a bit too much. So once the traffic clears and there's open road ahead of me, I go into manual mode and drop the hammer. I get into Mexico speeds in a flash and leave him well behind. Eventually he figures out what happened and flies by me, but only after I slowed back down to reasonable speeds and moved into the right lane. Didn't want to race him but just wanted to give him a taste of my exhaust.

The other incident was going through the toll plaza on the way home. The freaking toll collector asked, "Is that the 8 cylinder? The F?" I don't really expect anyone to recognize the car, especially not some random guy in a toll booth. Would've gave him an extra buck if I could, lol.

Quick Reply: Thinking of trading in '14 IS350 Fsport for ISF