IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Thinking of trading in '14 IS350 Fsport for ISF

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-16, 12:02 PM
xellos
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thinking of trading in '14 IS350 Fsport for ISF

The background. I bought a 2014 IS350 Fsport last December after test driving other cars including the Q50, 328i, and Accord V6. It's been a great car in the short amount of time that I've owned it, but at the time, I didn't even consider the ISF. Unfortunately, I've developed a bit of buyer's regret after reading more about the ISF in these forums. I feel somewhat guilty and irrational for wanting to trade in only a few months after buying a new (to me) car.

Would appreciate feedback from anyone who's been in this situation and made the jump to the ISF. Was it worth it? Any regrets?
Old 02-10-16, 10:40 PM
dabs
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Do it
Old 02-10-16, 11:02 PM
blackisF08
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

do it, this will definetly will be a decision you won't regret
Old 02-10-16, 11:04 PM
Whteknight
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also had a 2014 IS350 Fsport and it just wasn't fast enough lol. I loved the interior though. But, I was looking for something reliable, faster and 4 door. The isf was my top choice so I sold my is350 after 8 months and never looked back. Every time I drive the ISF, it puts a smile on my face. I'm very happy I made the switch.

Last edited by Whteknight; 02-11-16 at 06:46 AM.
Old 02-11-16, 06:42 AM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Perfect candidate right here!!! I started out with a 2007 IS250.I was infatuated with the styling from the get go! This car opened up my speed demon ways😇 My wife was so upset because we had 15k left on it and I traded up to a 2012 IS350. I was in search for more power!!! I loved the 350 but it was no F by any means!

Soon after earning promotions through work, I was eager to get an F. I found one but not the color I wanted. I made the deal anyways, so out went the 350. I got a call from the dealership approximately 8 months later that they finally had the color I wanted. So guess what I did??? Yup! Traded that F for the one I currently have. A soon not to be fully stock obsidian F. I've had this one for over a year and loving everything about it. It's a damn keeper!

Previous F was a 2011 and was modified and had a lot of cosmetic issues. Current one is also a 2011 but in stock new condition. Perhaps, not the most wise business decisions I've made to get to where I'm at. But I do work my butt off and I ensure the wife and daughter are good to go first.

Moral of the story JUST DO IT! The only regret you'll have is that you should have done it sooner! Also try to make the deal right the first time...lol. Find..."The One..."👍 Many perks with being in the F! It's rare, it's very fast, sounds amazing, and you'll gain a lot of confused followers asking you...is that the 250 or 350 F sport? Which you'll respond, Noooo! Vroooom!!!!
Old 02-11-16, 06:59 AM
newgsman
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 61 Posts

I never actually owned an IS350 but I was seriously considering a new 2014 IS350 a couple of years ago and test drove several of them. I also looked at the Q50 and other cars but none really jumped out as must have cars. In the end I bought a used 2012 ISF which at the time cost about the same as a brand new loaded IS350.

Everything about the ISF is better except maybe the interior and even that is debatable. The new cars have a fresher interior and updated features but I believe the F is still better quality. I think the new 3rd gen IS cars only come with Nuluxe interior which I noticed even in the demo car to be wearing somewhat prematurely.

Anyway, if you have a bug for speed, and the roar of a V8, the F is the way to go. I am old school and have had V8's on and off going back 30+ years...
Old 02-11-16, 09:19 AM
Tokenblkgy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Xellos

I hope you didn't come here thinking we were going tell you Not to get and F :P

As Soul Freak mentioned.. if you are going to F route.. then yeah Just do it!! its really a no brainier.. also like what he said. Wait for the right one it will be worth it. I did the same thing I was 21 when I purchased the BB6 prelude back in 99 ( yes im old). I originally wanted the Pearl white SH but no dealers in Texas or OK had any. So I got Black automatic base model.
4 months later i went in for service they had one in the showroom and boom traded in and drove away. My wife at the time thought I was crazy but after driving I she was like "you right, you right"!!

Moral of i guess any of our input, is if you want it get it.. it makes you happy do it. fawk what others think..... and you aren't crazy for wanting to do so!.

Ill have to tell you the **** i heard from my Wifes Father who insisted i get a Lexus as my next car...... mind you i had my son on he way and came home with an F..................lol.. he wouldn't stop criticizing my purchase...........

ugh.. Asian Parents...!!
Old 02-11-16, 09:30 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

U dont think twice, just do it !
Old 02-11-16, 09:31 AM
xellos
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tokenblkgy
Xellos

I hope you didn't come here thinking we were going tell you Not to get and F :P

As Soul Freak mentioned.. if you are going to F route.. then yeah Just do it!! its really a no brainier.. also like what he said. Wait for the right one it will be worth it. I did the same thing I was 21 when I purchased the BB6 prelude back in 99 ( yes im old). I originally wanted the Pearl white SH but no dealers in Texas or OK had any. So I got Black automatic base model.
4 months later i went in for service they had one in the showroom and boom traded in and drove away. My wife at the time thought I was crazy but after driving I she was like "you right, you right"!!

Moral of i guess any of our input, is if you want it get it.. it makes you happy do it. fawk what others think..... and you aren't crazy for wanting to do so!.

Ill have to tell you the **** i heard from my Wifes Father who insisted i get a Lexus as my next car...... mind you i had my son on he way and came home with an F..................lol.. he wouldn't stop criticizing my purchase...........

ugh.. Asian Parents...!!
Yeah, I figured everyone here would just tell me to get an ISF. For now, I'm going to play the waiting game to see if this is just a momentary fit of passion...though I'll be keeping my eye on the market for good deals. Also, I sympathize with the asian parent deal; fortunately, I never had to deal with that.
Old 02-11-16, 09:33 AM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

i've never driven a 350, only the 2014 250, (and also previous years models). great zippy car but there is no replacement for displacement. go find an F, put it in sport mode, drive, and make your decision. i bet you'll notice those extra 100+ horses and never look back.
Old 02-11-16, 09:36 AM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I was in your similar situation.

Thought I would be happy with an IS350 and I wouldn't get into too much trouble. I lost 10 grand on the hit when I sold the IS350 in just a few months to CarMax.

Now that I have my ISF, it's actually the best car I've ever owned. I say do it, was well worth it for me.
Old 02-11-16, 09:50 AM
Tokenblkgy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xellos
Yeah, I figured everyone here would just tell me to get an ISF. For now, I'm going to play the waiting game to see if this is just a momentary fit of passion...though I'll be keeping my eye on the market for good deals. Also, I sympathize with the asian parent deal; fortunately, I never had to deal with that.

Dude I married into it.. I get crap like I am their kid..... well I guess I am now!! LOL
Old 02-11-16, 09:53 AM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have buyer regret when purchase my 2008 IS350. After spend money on mod my car cost about the same as a used IS-F. Wish I listen to my friends and get the V8. You should try to sell before trade.
Old 02-11-16, 10:30 AM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Esp while gas is so cheap. One of the most surprising aspects of the F (at least to me) is how good the fuel mileage is for a 416 hp car.
Old 02-11-16, 12:42 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Test drive one. You will be hooked with the power.

Quick Reply: Thinking of trading in '14 IS350 Fsport for ISF