IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Please help! Buying New F, but Unexpected Problems!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-16, 11:05 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

U have a few days to return to carfax and get your money back , tell them to fix it, YES YOU STILL PAY TAXES WHEN REGISTER IN CALI
Old 02-13-16, 11:08 AM
infate
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tokenblkgy
Why don't you guys contact the carmax that he purchased the ISF from originally and ask them to straighten the mistake out?
Carmax couldnt even handle a proper sale correctly and responsibly, you think they could fix it?

Originally Posted by k20trick
What happend to the ticket you bought are you going to see the car anyways since you said the ticket is not refundable?

Lucky you, unfortunately Cali is that easy on fees Anytime I buy anything tax is always factored into the equation.
Going to Las Vegas for vacation then, but everyone had to deplane because of some mechanical issue and have been waiting for 3 hours already! Bad luck for the past couple of days...

Originally Posted by knshro13
When you buy an out of state vehicle and register it in CA, do you pay CA sales tax too when registering the vehicle?
Yes you have to pay CA sales tax. You pay tax to the state you register your car in.
Old 02-13-16, 11:09 AM
infate
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ISF4life
U have a few days to return to carfax and get your money back , tell them to fix it, YES YOU STILL PAY TAXES WHEN REGISTER IN CALI
I'm not buying it from Carmax though, I'm buying it from a private party who purchased the car from carmax in 2013 lol.
Old 02-13-16, 11:29 AM
Tokenblkgy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by infate
I'm not buying it from Carmax though, I'm buying it from a private party who purchased the car from carmax in 2013 lol.
This statement makes no sense to me............ if you person you are buying the ISF from has a clean title as you stated then in order to get that he had to register the car in NV to get the Title either into his name and in his possessions for registration from Carmax( or the previous owner).

Are you saying that he purchased the car from Carmax and NEVER registered in in NV prior to selling it to you...?? If i remember correctly the dealer just sends something to the dmv saying the car has been sold, but its up to the member to register the car..

If that is the case then HE is responsible for all of those fees not you.

I live in Cali but i have never given this state a dime of my money in car registration because i feel they are only here to rape you out of anything they can get, you sneeze and they tax you for that.....
Old 02-15-16, 12:38 AM
infate
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Tokenblkgy
This statement makes no sense to me............ if you person you are buying the ISF from has a clean title as you stated then in order to get that he had to register the car in NV to get the Title either into his name and in his possessions for registration from Carmax( or the previous owner).

Are you saying that he purchased the car from Carmax and NEVER registered in in NV prior to selling it to you...?? If i remember correctly the dealer just sends something to the dmv saying the car has been sold, but its up to the member to register the car..

If that is the case then HE is responsible for all of those fees not you.

I live in Cali but i have never given this state a dime of my money in car registration because i feel they are only here to rape you out of anything they can get, you sneeze and they tax you for that.....

Thats what doesnt make sense. He has a registred NV title with receipts and other statements showing he has registered the car in NV for 3 years, but according to CA DMV the car is considered an abandoned car because the reg fees for CA were never paid from 2013-2016 even though the car has been registered in NV this whole time. Seems to me its carmax's fault for not reporting to the ca dmv or something. The owner shouldnt be responsible bc when ur buying a car from the dealer, they pretty much do everything for you. This is definitrly a weird scenario.