IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Looking to purchase is-f

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-16, 03:21 AM
JTGC2000
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to purchase is-f

Which year IS_F should I be looking for..These seems to be 08-10 Models coming into the cheaper price range. or should I be looking 12-14 year models. I will have to wait a year to purchase a more expense one.
Or should I not buy one at all....questions or coments
Old 02-16-16, 04:37 AM
Sceanzo
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Search would be the best advice
Old 02-16-16, 05:36 AM
jjdurrant
Driver

Most people are going to tell you to try and get a 2011+ and above if you can afford it.. many new additions that are worth the extra investment.
Old 02-16-16, 06:05 AM
neilipo1
Driver School Candidate

hello there just joined this morning... sorry if i am posting in the wrong space .. but i don't know how to post with new questions tath i have ... how do i post on this site ?

i need help with leasing new Lexus(2016 nx t suv ) . this will be my fist Lexus to lease i am scared. and do not wanted to be cheated . i will never go to Lexus again ....................

need help .. what do i look for in the lease papers/ how many docs do i have to sign? . do they let you review pre filled lease agreement at home before u sign. or have your lawyer review? is there a 3 day review before we can cancel the agreement before you take the car out- or take cars possession

i have a deal for 3 yr 30 k miles 20 k total out of pocket cost ...........
3 yr required 10k to 20k and 30k miles maintenance Lexus requires us to do ?
can you take to a local mechanic to have those done and still not violate any manufactures warranty / ?

when you go to these maintenance at the dealers do they force or push you to buy things that still are obviously used conditions - because you are driving the car .. such as tires and more .............
but change any way .. since they make money on selling everything ?

key things i should look for in the contract and ask b4 signing/ that should be in the lease to protect me / during the lease and after the lease is is over . should i get the gap insurance or any other insurance to protect me . i will get full car insurance any way cause it is a lease ....

they say there is a fees to return the car after the lease is over do have to pay that if i am not looking to re lease another brand new Lexus ? my goal is to lease for 3 to 5 yrs may be one more lease after this and than buy Lexus or Tesla ....
i am getting 3 yr 36 k lease for 20k 1 pay check lease can you help please.. from WY moving to DE state..
Old 02-16-16, 06:08 AM
One2beH8ed
Lead Lap

^^^^^^ as stated above. 2011's came with and lsd and better suspension. Also they gave an options with seats. You can get alacantra seats so you don't slide around. Wasn't a big fan until I owned one with alacantra. Now I love it.

These guys will also tell you dont just urge buy this car. Wait for the right one, trust us it will be worth it. Also if you are mechanically inclined you can always buy a 2008-10 and put aftermarket or factory lsd.

I have a 2011 sfp and love every minute i drive it.
Old 02-16-16, 09:14 AM
dblock05
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2010's came with lsd.
Old 02-16-16, 09:42 AM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

If you plan on modifying your ISF extensively, just get the cheapest best maintained you can get, with the money saved you can pick and choose what LSD/Suspension/Sway/Bushing/Wheels combo you want, switch out the steering ECU to the updated models, upgrade to a thicker wheel if you please. You can then always upgrade to the 2011+ headlights for about 1k if you want the updated look.

If you plan on just keeping it stock or close to stock and only adding power mods (I/H/E/Tune) then try to get at least a 2011 or swing a little bit further for a 2012+ (latest wider wheels, updated SACHS shocks and a few other little tweaks) that way you can enjoy all the updates Lexus did to the car. Suspension, Steering feel, Steering wheel, updated LFA "inspired" guage cluster, LED strip running lights and more.. It's not to say that you can't go crazy with aftermarket on the updated ISF's, but to me it seems kind of a waste to get an updated model then throwing away all the "good stuff"

Good luck on your search, also like someone already said, take your time if needed.
Old 02-16-16, 11:03 AM
kitsune
Pole Position

Originally Posted by neilipo1
hello there just joined this morning... sorry if i am posting in the wrong space .. but i don't know how to post with new questions tath i have ... how do i post on this site ?

i need help with leasing new Lexus(2016 nx t suv ) . this will be my fist Lexus to lease i am scared. and do not wanted to be cheated . i will never go to Lexus again ....................

need help .. what do i look for in the lease papers/ how many docs do i have to sign? . do they let you review pre filled lease agreement at home before u sign. or have your lawyer review? is there a 3 day review before we can cancel the agreement before you take the car out- or take cars possession

i have a deal for 3 yr 30 k miles 20 k total out of pocket cost ...........
3 yr required 10k to 20k and 30k miles maintenance Lexus requires us to do ?
can you take to a local mechanic to have those done and still not violate any manufactures warranty / ?

when you go to these maintenance at the dealers do they force or push you to buy things that still are obviously used conditions - because you are driving the car .. such as tires and more .............
but change any way .. since they make money on selling everything ?

key things i should look for in the contract and ask b4 signing/ that should be in the lease to protect me / during the lease and after the lease is is over . should i get the gap insurance or any other insurance to protect me . i will get full car insurance any way cause it is a lease ....

they say there is a fees to return the car after the lease is over do have to pay that if i am not looking to re lease another brand new Lexus ? my goal is to lease for 3 to 5 yrs may be one more lease after this and than buy Lexus or Tesla ....
i am getting 3 yr 36 k lease for 20k 1 pay check lease can you help please.. from WY moving to DE state..
Quote forum noob. This is isf not suv forum
Old 02-16-16, 11:56 AM
mmartin061
banned

Originally Posted by JTGC2000
Which year IS_F should I be looking for..These seems to be 08-10 Models coming into the cheaper price range. or should I be looking 12-14 year models. I will have to wait a year to purchase a more expense one.
Price wasn't mentioned as to how much can you afford. That plays a big factor. However the price gap between the models I have seen have grown very small if you follow used ISF's religiously like I have the past 3 months or so. Is an ISF with higher mileage meaning 75K+, worth buying with a perfect maintenance history and a cheaper price, than one with say 40k or so with a spotty or no history? Many factors to consider. And I have been looking for a while.

Last edited by mmartin061; 02-17-16 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-16-16, 12:01 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 208 Likes on 138 Posts

For me, it had to be 2012+ due to the updates that Lexus made with this model year compared to the older ones. I really wanted the updated headlights and wheels and felt that the few thousand dollars in price was worth it.
Old 02-16-16, 06:53 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Have you sat in one, let alone driven one? Just to make sure you like it, it's not for everyone, just being bluntly honest about it. If you have a significant other and she has a say in it, well, plan accordingly. This isn't an ES330. It rides like a race car although the ride quality isn't totally brutal, it requires 91 premium fuel, it requires 9.8 quarts of oil, the tires are staggered and go for about $1500. The car is VERY FAST and VERY CAPABLE, again, it isn't for everyone, and honestly, I'm glad it is that way.

Like the rest of the gang said, shopping for this car requires patience, time and more patience. It is a rare car that isn't made anymore, finding the year, color and mileage is where the patience and time comes in.

If you put in the effort, you will enjoy the rewards, it is a very rewarding car to drive.

Don't be surprised if you have to go to another state or several states over to get what you want.

Last edited by 2URGSE; 02-16-16 at 06:57 PM.
Old 02-17-16, 05:40 PM
foxprime
Pole Position

2011+

Use the search function...
Old 02-21-16, 03:32 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

I was on eBay, so I decided to look and see what's around.

2013 Silver ISF.......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-IS-ISF...m=231833637812

2013 White ISF

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-IS-FHP...m=191809904384

2012 White ISF

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-IS-FHP...m=371557183724

2012 Silver

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-IS-F-O...m=272136406140
Old 02-21-16, 04:00 PM
Scott610
Advanced

Received 84 Likes on 46 Posts

I had and 08 with i/h/e loved it until my brother crashed it and totalled it ,then 2 months later I bought a 2011 one and took my I/h/e and whatever I could salvage and put it back on my 2011 . car rides much better because of better suspension . I love it a lot more now lol swede and leather seats better looking carbon fiber interior and black and chrome trim , led lights and rear differential ,different but better ( lsd) and just got it tuned Friday . but sucks cuz I was having too much fun and hit a pot hole and blew my left rear driver side tire so now I gotta wait till Tuesday for the tire to come in so I can break the tune into my ecu but remeber that car fax don't mean anything and to check service intervals of the car your looking at make Shure they took care of it and did all the major service on the car before purchasing good luck
Old 02-21-16, 10:08 PM
teamcalvin
Pole Position

just purchase one and don't look back!