IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Those with a ECU tune , results please

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-16, 02:50 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

it better make some power. ill be pissed.

but its hard putting miles on my car. since last september 2015, ive put 75 miles on the car. since the tune, ive put put 15 miles on the car. i work 6 days a week, 5 of those days are in the county office, one full day of paper work.

i just hope this tune is nothing more than a fancy throttle controller.
Old 03-14-16, 02:51 PM
jat0223
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Rohi123
All I'm saying they should back up what they are saying and post some results, the companies
How would you like them to back up their claims though?
Old 03-14-16, 02:55 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

WE HERE WILL DYNO SOMETIME LATER THIS MONTH , WILL POST UP IF NO GAIN WE WILL HAVE THE MONEY BACK
Old 03-14-16, 03:49 PM
Bigjon3475
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
So can someone explain what that means if our dyno runs were in the 850 mBar range? And how that pertains to SAE correction?
It means the correction factors are not valid. Your dyno shop needs to longhand the calculations for you if you want an accurate number (unless they rigged the SAE correction somehow -- which the SAEs is pretty clear about) or maybe just talk to them and explain your concerns regarding the lower numbers and as it pertains to SAE corrections and their dyno. Ask them if having such a low pressure during testing is throwing things off considerably more than they're correcting for.
Old 03-14-16, 03:52 PM
Rohi123
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Piston1047
I'm guessing you didn't Yes I did but mostly to be a part of the process and help with data logging. This is not the same issue as the ECU being locked and I understand the effects of the parameters that are being adjusted and how they should both yield more power and increase the area under the curve. All mods are a risk, in-fact, in this thread two of the guys are saying their Borla didn't yield any power gains, yet no-one is crapping on aftermarket exhausts and removing the secondaries.I agree, but what results are you looking for? I assume the results that RR originally put up was not good enough for you? If you didn't read/or missed that post from RR you might want to go back. If you want a larger data pool of results that is understandable and like I said the companies should do this in-time , if they want to build trust. Still, don't ignore the fact that the tune results WHERE posted by both vendors.Yeah, the F is very finicky to mods, I remember the thread a while back about a guy who thought his Joe-z was a scam and he did a dyno and it showed no power gain. Later IIRC, he found out he had IAT issue from his "cold air" intake and the computer was adjusting timing to account for it.
I want to see Dyno results, like a video where a shop car made the power they are saying, and no I didn't, I'm on spray
Old 03-14-16, 03:52 PM
Bigjon3475
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Honestly I don't think the tune helps at all. Nobody has posted any legit results where they got at least 20hp increase
The standards used for dynos are set up to correct for the majority of differences in atmospheric conditions at different elevations. As you can see we've been talking about the lower pressures in CO and how they relate to dyno numbers (if they do at all) so it's a little premature to go drawing conclusions with data that is "outside of the range" for SAE corrections.
Old 03-14-16, 03:58 PM
Rickna
Racer

Received 243 Likes on 166 Posts

Reinstalled my upgraded ECU last week. It's hard to put some decent runs/miles on right now. The weather has been too cold and crappy. Within the next month or so I hope to get the new mapping learned and get to the dyno. Note: I am at sea level.
Old 03-14-16, 04:01 PM
Rohi123
Driver

Originally Posted by Bigjon3475
The standards used for dynos are set up to correct for the majority of differences in atmospheric conditions at different elevations. As you can see we've been talking about the lower pressures in CO and how they relate to dyno numbers (if they do at all) so it's a little premature to go drawing conclusions with data that is "outside of the range" for SAE corrections.
I know what you are saying but there was 5 F's some with turn and some without and to me the numbers with the tune were low
Old 03-14-16, 04:02 PM
jat0223
Instructor

I want to see Dyno results, like a video where a shop car made the power they are saying, and no I didn't, I'm on spray
This was done already.
Old 03-14-16, 04:05 PM
VicTornin
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will wait a little longer to go for it.. since there is not real evidence to backup the gains..
Old 03-14-16, 04:12 PM
Rohi123
Driver

Originally Posted by jat0223
This was done already.
Can I get a video link?
Old 03-14-16, 04:20 PM
jat0223
Instructor

Can I get a video link?
If they're not in their corresponding threads then look in Facebook. Both companies have posted pictures and videos on their corresponding Facebook accounts. RR racing has posted videos and pictures of both, their shop car and customers car at the dyno. TTS has posted the same from customers cars since they didn't have a shop car at the time.
Old 03-14-16, 04:22 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 405 Likes on 256 Posts

Guys,

I hope RR racing and TTFS can tweak the tunes for high altitude applications at least up here a Mile Hi

I have the utmost respect for Rafi and Simon as they have been awesome with great customer service the past 8-9 months since they've been on the ISF tuning scene

That being said our results so far with the tunes on both ends have been mixed to say the least. The two guys with tunes here that went to the dyno day are:

DCguy: Joe Z Exhaust/Joe Z intake/gutted primaries/ RR tuned/ dynoed @378 Whp/ dyno sheet on Pg 9/Post 125

Liquidtek: Joe Z Exhaust/Joe Z intake/ TTFS tuned/ dynoed @ 368 Whp/ dyno sheet Pg 9/Post 126

Two different tunes from both vendors who are active on this forum presently and getting the majority of the business for tuning the ISF currently.

My mods: Borla Exhaust/ HPS intake
My first run back in November netted 357 Whp & last Saturdays run netted 357 Whp essentially showing 0 hp gain

Anyhow we've done some pulls together more so with DCguy and me and you would think he would pull with the mods that he has (Tune/gutted primaries) and my car and his are dead even up to about 130ish

So when you see the results from the dyno day and not getting the numbers wanted/desired it leads to more questions than answers unfortunately

I think it boils down to someone who pays for a tune (whether TTFS or RR racing) expects to see real world results on the road (forget dyno numbers for a second)when your doing pulls with another F that doesn't have the tune or has less mods one would expect that the car with a tune and more mods would pull harder than a car without either??

Hopefully RR-racing & TTFS can adjust and fine tune the tunes for altitude (at least for our circumstances) and then the results will be more favorable.
Old 03-14-16, 04:22 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 92 Likes on 66 Posts
Default huh?

This is weird, I thought RR already posted the dyno gains and for whatever reason some of you guys who had tune the ecu is not gaining any power..what am I missing here...
Old 03-14-16, 04:25 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,309 Likes on 1,408 Posts

Originally Posted by chris07is
This is weird, I thought RR already posted the dyno gains and for whatever reason some of you guys who had tune the ecu is not gaining any power..what am I missing here...
About 5,300 feet....

Quick Reply: Those with a ECU tune , results please