IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

can anyone recomend low dust pads, for sport or DD dutys

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-16, 11:25 AM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

StopTech pads here. Perfect fit, no noises, and great price.

After properly bedding them in with the new rotors, my eyeballs still want to pop out when I stand on the brakes. A lot less dust than OEM also. Maybe I'm not sensitive enough but initial bite feels similar to the factory pads.

Did Raybestos Advanced OEM rotors front+rear, StopTech pads all around. Great street setup.
Old 02-22-16, 11:49 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by RSXiMUS

After properly bedding them in with the new rotors, my eyeballs still want to pop out when I stand on the brakes. A lot less dust than OEM also. Maybe I'm not sensitive enough but initial bite feels similar to the factory pads.

Did Raybestos Advanced OEM rotors front+rear, StopTech pads all around. Great street setup.
some say they dust just like stock, some say they dont. lol i want the real answer.
Old 02-22-16, 11:56 AM
rselby
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RSXiMUS

This is the very same set up that I ordered... so will report back with how they dust / stock was horrible with the dust...hoping these are much better
Old 02-22-16, 12:30 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 230 Likes on 83 Posts

I don't know about you guys but I went with the stoptech pads and raybestos rotors... they still dust a decent amount and squeal at low speed braking. I've had this set up for around 10k+ miles now. The bite is ok, but not mind blowing. Looking for a different set of pads to run now.

BTW, I daily my car 250+ miles a week. I wash the car, scrub the wheels, by day 3-5, they're dirty.
Old 02-22-16, 01:07 PM
rselby
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iH8RICERZ
I don't know about you guys but I went with the stoptech pads and raybestos rotors... they still dust a decent amount and squeal at low speed braking. I've had this set up for around 10k+ miles now. The bite is ok, but not mind blowing. Looking for a different set of pads to run now.

BTW, I daily my car 250+ miles a week. I wash the car, scrub the wheels, by day 3-5, they're dirty.
is your pads the StopTech street performance pads?
Old 02-22-16, 02:53 PM
SpeedFreaksUSA
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
some say they dust just like stock, some say they dont. lol i want the real answer.
All esle equal the dust levels they produce will be slightly less than stock but it's not a night and day difference, IMO. The biggest benefits of the Stoptech pads are the price (and resulting value they offer considering their overall performance for that low price) and that the dust is easy to clean, but then again most street pads don't produce dust that is as problematic as the more aggressive pads from certain manufactures. The big drawback for me is the initial bite- it's not an issue for casual street driving but if you enjoy some more "spirited" drives you will need to use a good amount of pedal pressure to get some real response out of them, especially when they are hot.

-Matt M.
Old 02-22-16, 03:13 PM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
There is dust, but a lot less than the stock pads.

Maybe I don't drive my car hard enough but even light driving the OEM pads dust like crazy, I haven't cleaned my wheels in a week with the Stoptechs and there is a fine layer of dust, but still looks decently clean. If I was on the OEM pads, they would look almost Plasti-dipped by now

Reason why I changed out my brakes was because my stocks were squealing like crazy, I thought they were worn down to the metal wear indicators but when I took them out there was still decent life left in the front @ 15k miles and the rears looked almost new.

Only have about 1k miles on the setup so far with no noises, we'll see how they hold up in the long run but for now I'm very happy with the current setup.
Old 02-23-16, 06:32 AM
Sean
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FWIW I am currently using Duralast Gold (Autozone) pads. They have been recommended by other owners on here previously which led me to giving them a chance. 10k so far with no squealing, and very low dust. I'm happy with them but I still might try something else when it comes time to replace the rotors.

No track time obviously and I really don't have any roads nearby that would put any stress on the brakes no matter how hard I drove. Just another option if dust and noise are your primary concerns.