IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Might buy this ISF

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-16, 11:00 AM
DreaMzZ
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Might buy this ISF

I was originally in the market for an IS350 but I stumbled across this ISF and think it would be a much better option for me. Do you guys think it is priced appropriately? Also, is there anything I should look out for when I go to see the vehicle? Does the ISF in general have any reliability issues? http://www.hendricklexuscharlotte.co...-NC/2677295703
Old 02-22-16, 11:12 AM
Justin727
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DreaMzZ
I was originally in the market for an IS350 but I stumbled across this ISF and think it would be a much better option for me. Do you guys think it is priced appropriately? Also, is there anything I should look out for when I go to see the vehicle? Does the ISF in general have any reliability issues? http://www.hendricklexuscharlotte.co...-NC/2677295703

For the mileage it isn't a bad price. Try to get them closer to 30k.

BUT if you're looking to spend 30-35k you may find a newer model year with slightly higher mileage if you want revised suspension, lsd, and wheels.
Old 02-22-16, 11:19 AM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 209 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Justin727

BUT if you're looking to spend 30-35k you may find a newer model year with slightly higher mileage if you want revised suspension, lsd, and wheels.
Agree with this post, 100%.
Old 02-22-16, 11:27 AM
DreaMzZ
Driver

The LSD would be nice.. I'd probably buy aftermarket wheels anyways so not too worried about that.
Old 02-22-16, 11:28 AM
DreaMzZ
Driver

I've never had a car financed before and not sure if anyone in here would have any idea but.. If I put 23k down on the car and have a cosigner but I have zero credit history do you think they would loan the 10k?
Old 02-22-16, 11:36 AM
Justin727
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DreaMzZ
I've never had a car financed before and not sure if anyone in here would have any idea but.. If I put 23k down on the car and have a cosigner but I have zero credit history do you think they would loan the 10k?
Yea sure as long as you have the mentioned Cosigner with good credit. With the car being under 100k it'll certainly be worth more than the 10k being financed so you should be good.

OR you can find a higher mileage 08-09 in your 20-25k price range. They're out there. Even if you have to travel to get it it'll save you money in the long run if you truly want an F.
Old 02-22-16, 12:08 PM
Bigjon3475
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

It's been there for a few weeks (probably longer). This is where I purchased mine at. I worked with Donte Small if you don't already have a salesperson. Just look the car over well. They didn't do the greatest job of reconditioning or cleaning mine (not too worried since I detailed cars in the past). Make sure if there's anything that is close to needing replacement you have them do it as well as all recalls and/or service bulletins. They have it at list price and that means it's essentially blemish and defect free with the exception of minor things. If there's more damage than what you think is normal wear and tear remember that when talking price.

As a side note you shouldn't have any issues with getting a loan since you have something to secure the debt with. Also, you may want to seriously consider an extended warranty. I'm not saying get one, that's on you. But repairs are costly however few and far between they are. I went with the platinum plan they were offering. Not sure if that's even still available. It was expensive but one major repair will cost more. Maybe that never happens... That's the point of insurance and warranties.
Old 02-22-16, 12:12 PM
DreaMzZ
Driver

Thanks for the info guys. My friend and I are going to go check it out tomorrow and if everything works out and the car is in top shape I'll bring it home.
Old 02-22-16, 12:19 PM
Bigjon3475
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Just remember that even though the ISF is rare the number of people who know what they are and the number of people trying to purchase them is even smaller. They actually had two for a while. Don't believe them if they say they go like hot cakes or that they're snatched up as soon as they're put on sale. They usually get shipped around from dealer to dealer until someone happens to run into it when they're looking for that specific car.
Old 02-22-16, 02:02 PM
RCFC89
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The price is perfectly placed where it should be for the mileage at a Lexus dealer. I'm sure you could get them down to 31k. I'd personally avoid any ISF regardless of the year with over 70k. This car was purpose built for the track not longevity. Very expensive to repair when things go wrong.

Last edited by RCFC89; 02-22-16 at 02:05 PM.
Old 02-22-16, 02:26 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

100% Go with IS-F for sure. I was in the same situation but got IS350 about a year ago, and now having buying remose.
Old 02-22-16, 03:17 PM
kitsune
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RCFC89
The price is perfectly placed where it should be for the mileage at a Lexus dealer. I'm sure you could get them down to 31k. I'd personally avoid any ISF regardless of the year with over 70k. This car was purpose built for the track not longevity. Very expensive to repair when things go wrong.
lol

I bought mine 08 with 90k and it's been almost a month now and I've put over 4k miles on it and nothing has gone out yet

Many other members with as much or more miles than mine hasn't really had issues.
Old 02-22-16, 03:37 PM
RCFC89
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kitsune
lol

I bought mine 08 with 90k and it's been almost a month now and I've put over 4k miles on it and nothing has gone out yet

Many other members with as much or more miles than mine hasn't really had issues.
Don't be Mad. You took a risk I'm not willing to take. I purchased my car with resale value in mind. 2009 with only 30k. Not being my daily it will likely still have well under 50k years from now when I sell it. With over 90k the resale value of your car is already in the tank and decreasing fast.
Old 02-22-16, 04:35 PM
Justin727
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RCFC89
Don't be Mad. You took a risk I'm not willing to take. I purchased my car with resale value in mind. 2009 with only 30k. Not being my daily it will likely still have well under 50k years from now when I sell it. With over 90k the resale value of your car is already in the tank and decreasing fast.

While I agree with you on your take I disagree at the same time.

I'm curious to see how well the Value holds up in time? If this car will have a cult following? I don't want to see it go down the road of the SC for example. (not hating on them at all) Value is low and it doesn't really have a cult following and is usually purchased to do swaps on. I hate to say it but I just don't see the value holding well for this car. Not to say low mileage wouldn't fetch a penny. It just won't fetch a premium penny. But I agree on the value tanking after 90k

Mostly when Toyota builds their high end sports cars they usually over engineer them and with that comes longevity. 2jzgte comes to mind here.

So if the vehicle was well maintained by the owner with record of it I wouldn't hesitate to jump on something between 70-100k. But like you the F isn't my daily so that's also a deciding factor for me.

31 or 32k out the door OP and you got yourself a fair deal I must say. Offer them 30k they may jump on it considering the car is now "aged inventory" from what was said about it sitting there for a few weeks. Used Car manager maybe looking to move it and the GM maybe too so his day supply can go down a few ticks.
Old 02-22-16, 06:31 PM
RCFC89
Pole Position

While I agree with you on your take I disagree at the same time.

I'm curious to see how well the Value holds up in time? If this car will have a cult following? I don't want to see it go down the road of the SC for example. (not hating on them at all) Value is low and it doesn't really have a cult following and is usually purchased to do swaps on. I hate to say it but I just don't see the value holding well for this car. Not to say low mileage wouldn't fetch a penny. It just won't fetch a premium penny. But I agree on the value tanking after 90k

Mostly when Toyota builds their high end sports cars they usually over engineer them and with that comes longevity. 2jzgte comes to mind here.

So if the vehicle was well maintained by the owner with record of it I wouldn't hesitate to jump on something between 70-100k. But like you the F isn't my daily so that's also a deciding factor for me.

31 or 32k out the door OP and you got yourself a fair deal I must say. Offer them 30k they may jump on it considering the car is now "aged inventory" from what was said about it sitting there for a few weeks. Used Car manager maybe looking to move it and the GM maybe too so his day supply can go down a few ticks.

The low mile gems will lose value but at a much slower rate and percentage as say a 08-09 F with over 70k. At the end of the day this is a high performance sport car. High miles will scare away most potential buyers unless the price is really low. For example let's say 3 years from now you have a first time F buyer intrigued with the car and is looking to buy. It's a lot easier to spend 30k on a 10 year old car that is virtually Mint when it only has 45k miles. I wouldn't expect to see a 09 with its normal racked mile of over 100k go for any more then 20 grand. When it comes to resale on limited production sports cars like the F miles will play a major role in the value of the car. Just watch any major collector car Auction.

Op I would jump on this car. Low mile F's are hard to find.

Quick Reply: Might buy this ISF