IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

New to the forum and new to Lexus.

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-16, 10:53 PM
Serf27
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Socal3, I am already thinking of what exhaust to get and i dont even own one yet! Ha.
Not sure if i want the quiet luxurious sound or the v8 rumble!

Foxprime and meraki autoworks, thank you for the welcome.

Mind prime, how did you know it had no navi? How can i tell the difference from one without and one with?

I8AMBR, thank you! I'm ot sure if ill hit the track, but if i decide to, it will be nice knowing I can.

One2beH8ed, thank you as well!
Yea I have seen a lot of M series BMWs lately, now that i think of it, i have never seen an IS F or paid attention to them! Thought i saw one today on the freeway with the F badge on the fender, but the trunk has IS 350.

Luxury, reliability and hp, everything I've ever wanted in a car. My old g35 sedan had the it for the most part, but they are starting to get pretty old and i need to move on!

Ill be sure to check the classifieds for any, Im sure I will have to make quite a drive for the right one!

Thanks all.
Old 03-16-16, 11:50 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 701 Likes on 615 Posts

Originally Posted by Serf27
Socal3, I am already thinking of what exhaust to get and i dont even own one yet! Ha.

Mind prime, how did you know it had no navi? How can i tell the difference from one without and one with?

I8AMBR, thank you! I'm ot sure if ill hit the track, but if i decide to, it will be nice knowing I can.

Yea I have seen a lot of M series BMWs lately, now that i think of it, i have never seen an IS F or paid attention to them! Thought i saw one today on the freeway with the F badge on the fender, but the trunk has IS 350.

Luxury, reliability and hp, everything I've ever wanted in a car. My old g35 sedan had the it for the most part, but they are starting to get pretty old and i need to move on!

Ill be sure to check the classifieds for any, Im sure I will have to make quite a drive for the right one!

Thanks all.
I got you covered on parts. Got all the brands you can think of.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 03-19-16, 06:28 PM
Serf27
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
I got you covered on parts. Got all the brands you can think of.

-Josh
Thanks! I'll be PMing you if I need any parts.
Old 03-19-16, 07:45 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by mindcrime
I think I saw a 2010 on Autotrader w/o NAV. I thought all IS F'S came with electronic steering. I know my 07 GS350 does. is there a regular Rack & Pinion? I haven't even looked under the car yet-

funny about the mustang story. I went to the Ford dealer Saturday to pick up a part for my truck, I parked over by where the GT Shelby 350 was displayed, I went to look at it again and it seemed huge compared to the F. however, I wouldn't mind driving that new Voodoo 5.2 engine, things a beast.
I may have been mistaken about the electric steering intro, I can't find anything on google. Maybe someone with a 2008-2010 can look and see.

I am not going to turn this into a Mustang 5.0 vs ISF battle, but IMO, the ISF build quality is light years away and so is the technology.

The 2011's come down in price, some of them are in the mid 30's now, of course they will have higher miles. The 2012's seem to hang out in the low to mid 40's. The 2013's are high 40's to low 50's.

I ran the power to weight ratio of a 2700 lb car with 300 bhp against the ISF......and guess what? It's the same! 0.11

Let me sum it up, this car usually doesn't lose a race, especially mid to top end. It doesn't run out of gears either. Unless you're running against something in a 600+ horsepower range or something really ridicules like a modded Nissan GTR, well, you get the idea.

Last edited by 2URGSE; 03-19-16 at 07:51 PM.
Old 03-19-16, 08:27 PM
mindcrime
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Serf27

Thanks all.
there should be a screen, very easy to tell. either it was ordered with no Navigation, or it was swamped out for some reason. if you can track down the original owner or purchase invoice, or maybe someone can run the VIN(if that shows what options it came with), you can confirm what i said.
Old 03-20-16, 05:19 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by mindcrime
there should be a screen, very easy to tell. either it was ordered with no Navigation, or it was swamped out for some reason. if you can track down the original owner or purchase invoice, or maybe someone can run the VIN(if that shows what options it came with), you can confirm what i said.
+1 ^^^^^, like he said, if it has NAV, there will be a big ole screen.
Old 03-20-16, 06:11 PM
SlayaP
Driver School Candidate

good luck!
Old 03-20-16, 07:34 PM
blackisF08
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

welcome to the forum
Old 03-21-16, 07:59 AM
One2beH8ed
Lead Lap

Yea all my friends say they see them. I say send a pic. They do and its a 350 F sport. If you dont know they care you wont really know the difference. Once you own on you can tell. Wait for the right one my friend and It will come
Old 03-21-16, 11:48 PM
Serf27
Driver School Candidate

Thanks slaya and blackisF!

Mindcrime and 2URGSE, ok i will be looking out for the screens on any IS F i look at! Also will try to find the history of it.

One2beh8ed, yup, same one i saw, it was a 350 F sport. I see it on the commute to work and on lunch!

The patiently waiting game continues...
Old 04-04-16, 03:19 AM
Serf27
Driver School Candidate

What would be the cut off mileage for an IS F?
Basically how many miles are too many?
Old 04-04-16, 10:05 AM
ISF*LYF
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by socal3
I was in the same boat as you I just purchased an 08 from a forum member for around the 25K range also it was a great decision for me cause I can drive the crap out of it and not worry about putting on miles or loosing much resale value, the motor sounds so good in this car I promise it will put a smile on your face. Also with the option of the less expensive Xforce exhaust you can get the V8 rumble for a nice price.

I agree with Socal3...the X-force exhaust is a real quality to value system (some gains and sound) and with the new tuning solutions by RR-Racing BMW's are that much more LESS attractive.
Old 04-04-16, 10:06 AM
One2beH8ed
Lead Lap

Really just depends on how much you want to spend. I dont know a ton of guys on here with high mileage ISF's. So I don't know the reliability of the motor yet. I do know that my is300 with the 2jz motor is bullet proof. I have 219xxx on mine and thing still runs strong. I would assume this motor is built to do the same.

Lexus builds quality. Higher milage F's just look further into them, test drive and make sure there are no issues.
Old 04-04-16, 01:46 PM
Serf27
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the reply one2beh8ed.

Reason I ask is, I see some IS F models, mostly '08-'09 in the $19-$21k range with some 115k-125k miles.
At about $24k-$26k the miles start to come down a little bit but not enough to where I think I need to spend the extra $3k-$6k to get 15k-25k less miles.

The car won't see many miles as I get dirty at work and rarely go out besides work, so it will be more of a grocery getter here in town or a Sunday car. Might see some 250 mile round trips every 3 months or so but that will be it.
Old 04-05-16, 04:10 AM
Joepeer
Driver School Candidate

I'm just joining also. Currently in a 2005 TL since new. Great car. Solid. Like the size. Going for a 13 or 14 ISF. Really wanted one when they introduced in '08. Finally ready.

Are there any specific problems I should look out for when shopping for an ISF?

I'm in SC if anyone knows of an available car. Am watching several on line. One in Cali, but I'm not ready to pay $55k.

Quick Reply: New to the forum and new to Lexus.