IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Hayward & Scott Exhaust Coming Soon!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-16, 09:20 PM
Sameer89
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Will there be an option to retain factory tips?
Old 04-25-16, 10:05 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 691 Likes on 608 Posts

Pricing..

I decided to order the exhaust as it is right now, as it seems thats the only thing people want.

I am taking a pre-order of 10 exhaust. You have the option of Silencer or No silencer. This exhaust comes with real OEM shaped tips, or you have the option to retain your factory tips. Once we get about 7 or so pre-orders, I will submit the order and the systems should be ready to ship out of my Los Angeles warehouse in about a month.

NO SILENCER: $1999
SILENCER: $2149

I'm assuming shipping will be in the ballpark of $150-200 in the lower 48 states. This is a large box, so it is considered a large package so shipping costs are high.

1. Meraki Autoworks (no-silencers)
2. lolfunxion (no-silencers)
3. Sahel (no-silencers)

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 04-26-16, 12:48 AM
RNISF
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So this will be a true dual divorced system. How will that correlate to reliability and power as opposed to other systems with x pipes?
Old 04-26-16, 04:07 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

You won't lose anything in terms of reliability. UK owners have had the separate piped version installed for almost 2yrs without any reports of mechanical issues.

The power aspect is something I want to try and work out once I get my feature done for a popular Japanese tuning magazine over here. Will get it back to the dyno I used last time, and see how it compares now I have an X pipe fitted.

I will try and get you guys some video of the exhaust with the X pipe by the end of this week. Will be driving it down to my folks on Friday night, so will try and shoot some video in the same tunnel I used on the last videos.

Sorry I can't do more right now, but trying to juggle work and get my car finished up for the photoshoot is taking up most of my time at the moment!

Will do what I can for you guys though.
Old 04-26-16, 07:18 AM
SubOrbital
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Pricing..

I decided to order the exhaust as it is right now, as it seems thats the only thing people want.

I am taking a pre-order of 10 exhaust. You have the option of Silencer or No silencer. This exhaust comes with real OEM shaped tips, or you have the option to retain your factory tips.
Price isn't any lower sans tips for those who want to retain OEM?
Old 04-26-16, 08:06 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by SubOrbital
Price isn't any lower sans tips for those who want to retain OEM?
Sorry no, pricing is the same for people that even want those circular tips they offer.

-Josh

Orange County, CA
Old 04-26-16, 09:27 AM
Durrby
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
This exhaust comes with real OEM shaped tips, or you have the option to retain your factory tips.
So you're saying the real oval tips will be removable that way we can choose which way we want it to look?

Also as others asked can we add the silencers to the order in case the setup without them ends up being too loud? Will it change the way the system bolts up to the setup without them?
Old 04-26-16, 09:54 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by Durrby
So you're saying the real oval tips will be removable that way we can choose which way we want it to look?

Also as others asked can we add the silencers to the order in case the setup without them ends up being too loud? Will it change the way the system bolts up to the setup without them?
Yes.

As for the silencers, the way I interpreted sending silencers with the exhaust system, short answer, no. Might be the way its manufactured, but they prefer shipping it silencers or no silencers.

-Josh

Orange County, CA
Old 04-26-16, 10:35 AM
Durrby
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Thanks and again just to be clear, with this final product there should be little to no modifications necessary adding headers to this setup?
Old 04-26-16, 06:12 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

1. Meraki Autoworks (no-silencers)
2. lolfunxion (no-silencers)
3. Sahel (no-silencers)
4. hgill02 (no silencers)

Orange County, CA
Old 04-27-16, 01:28 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

So you can order the exhaust without the silencers in case you want to add it down the road. BUT, you have to pay for the silencers up front.

-Josh

Orange County, CA
Old 04-27-16, 03:04 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Guys, just want to add my 2 cents here.

I really don't think you want to run this without the silencers. The drone was pretty unbearable for me, and any journey over 10mins started to give me a headache!

I know a few of you are also running headers on your cars. This will make the noise even louder I would imagine, so unless you plan to wear ear protectors or a helmet when you drive the car, go with the silencers.

It will still be plenty loud enough for you I'm sure, but I would hate to have you guys moaning and complaining about how unbearable the cabin noise and drone is after shelling out your hard earned cash on this.

If you still decide to order the system without the silencers, so be it. Just don't want to feel responsible for not warning you the drone will be pretty insane if you do!

I'm now testing the third version of my exhaust with the X pipe. I actually really like how it sounds. Drone has pretty much gone completely, but there is still a nice sound under normal driving conditions, but it sounds great when you nail the accelerator!

I'm also thinking of the bigger picture with my car. Once I add headers into the mix, the current setup with the X pipe and additional silencers should work really well together.

Just give it some thought people.

Happy to try and help, or do some videos with the X pipe for you guys. May have a chance to do a tunnel run this Friday night as it goes.
Old 04-27-16, 06:57 AM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

As much as I hate to admit it, I think you're right Pete. I've been debating going the silenced version, your car was already pretty nuts in that video with stock headers I can only imagine the sound with PPE.

Also, is our beloved rumble lost with that X-pipe?
Old 04-27-16, 07:47 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lolfunxion
As much as I hate to admit it, I think you're right Pete. I've been debating going the silenced version, your car was already pretty nuts in that video with stock headers I can only imagine the sound with PPE.

It's not lost per se, but more refined if that makes sense?

Just sounds more race-like now. I'm really liking it so far, but have to confess I haven't done a lot of miles with it since I drove back from Hayward & Scott last Friday.

I have a 160 odd mile roundtrip to do this Friday night/Saturday morning when I go to collect my son. Will try and do some video for you guys.

I personally think the X pipe is a good addition, but it has quietened down the roar, and replaced it with a purposeful sound more akin to a performance system (think DTM, touring car sound).

Hard to really explain in words, and the iPhone video won't be a true reflection either.

Needs to be heard in person really, but I appreciate that might be a bit tricky for you guys!

I'd love to hear this setup with a set of PPE headers.

Think it will work well for those who want quieter cabins when they are just out cruising, but it turns all Jekyll when you floor it!
Old 04-27-16, 08:12 AM
koolaseva
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lolfunxion

I'm kinda debating the same thing. After his last post of how unbearable it was that's making me reconsider the silencers.

Quick Reply: Hayward & Scott Exhaust Coming Soon!!