IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Hayward & Scott Exhaust Coming Soon!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-16, 08:40 AM
RNISF
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm kinda interested in the x pipe version. More refined sound with more power.
Old 04-27-16, 12:33 PM
Sameer89
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interested in seeing more pictures of the exhaust! Josh, the picture you posted a few pages back, is that exhaust equipped with the silencers?
Old 04-27-16, 01:32 PM
sahelmad24
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmmm...this car is my DD and I do not want the drone to be that bad. Wow this kind of kills it for me. I really want that amazing sound, but I don't want a headache after 5 minutes of driving.
Old 04-27-16, 01:40 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Guys, the last set of videos I did were WITH the additional silencers.

Still plenty loud, trust me.

Here's a short cold start video I did tonight with the X pipe. Worth mentioning my ECU will be learning still after I disconnected my battery to do the seats.

I'll get some more on Friday night as I said.

Last edited by PDP180180; 04-27-16 at 01:46 PM.
Old 04-27-16, 02:10 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 691 Likes on 608 Posts

MORE NOW!!!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 04-27-16, 02:12 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
MORE NOW!!!

-Josh
PMSL!

I'll get you a couple of videos done on Friday Josh.

Will be the same tunnels, so good to compare with my prior videos.

Not long bro, 2 days!
Old 04-27-16, 02:13 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

1. Meraki Autoworks (no-silencers)
2. lolfunxion (no-silencers)
3. Sahel (no-silencers)
4. hgill02 (no silencers)
5. koolaseva (no silencers)

Orange County, CA
Old 04-27-16, 02:39 PM
bohlexus
Driver School Candidate

Any update on this?
Old 04-27-16, 07:44 PM
Alizia
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

As a relatively new owner of an IS-F this is definite buy for me. I do have a few questions though, I'm a bit confused, are there multiple versions of the exhaust? I'm reading posts of an X-Pipe and True-Dual system. I'll probably bite on the version with the silencers if it is absurdly loud as displayed in some of the videos. The X-pipe version comes with OEM style tips right? Call me crazy but that's one of the reasons why I was a huge fan of the IS-F in the first place was because the exhaust tips were really unique. No other car looks like that.
Old 04-27-16, 11:51 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Alizia
As a relatively new owner of an IS-F this is definite buy for me. I do have a few questions though, I'm a bit confused, are there multiple versions of the exhaust? I'm reading posts of an X-Pipe and True-Dual system. I'll probably bite on the version with the silencers if it is absurdly loud as displayed in some of the videos. The X-pipe version comes with OEM style tips right? Call me crazy but that's one of the reasons why I was a huge fan of the IS-F in the first place was because the exhaust tips were really unique. No other car looks like that.
Hi. Just to clear things up, the very first video I did of a cold start, was with the H&S exhaust with secondary cats removed, and ceramic coated OEM style tips.

The more recent videos of tunnel runs were done with the same setup, but with additional silencers added where the secondary cats had been originally. This was due to the original setup being far too droney for regular driving.

The new cold start video I posted yesterday is with the same exhaust, plus an X pipe.

This is something we decided to trial to see if it added any power, and to see how it affects drone.

My butt dyno feels like the car is more eager now than it was before the X pipe. It's killed the drone inside the car completely! Hopefully the videos I shoot on Friday will highlight this for you guys.

The OEM style tips were supplied by H&S, but mine were sent to a different firm over here to get ceramic coated in black. I believe most owners had the OEM style tips in stainless finish.

Like you, I didn't want to lose that stacked oval design, as I feel it is part of the F DNA.

I'm happy to help work with Ian on some different options for you guys, but it's not something we can achieve overnight.

The extra silencers in place of the secondary cats are in my opinion a must, if you plan to run the second version of my setup.

I'm not sure how it would sound with the X pipe on it's own (so first setup plus X pipe), but pretty sure it would make things a bit louder.

If you want my opinion, these should be the options:

1. Same setup as my version 2 with OEM style tips.
2. Same as 1, without tips (you can re-use your OEM tips, or use different ones of your choice.
3. My current version with X pipe, and additional silencers in place of the secondary cats, with OEM style true tips.
4. My current version less the additional silencers in place of secondary cats.
5. As 4 without any tips.

You can always remove things and have your local shop weld in some extra pipe if you don't like it. Cutting bits out and trying to add stuff is a PITA in my opinion.

I really think my current setup works well, and with headers, should sound spot on for my needs.

The prior version was liveable as well, but did drone a lot with regular driving. I enjoyed that sound when using the car little and often (once or twice a fortnight), but for daily or more frequent use, it's got to be the setup I have now with the X pipe.

Not sure where the round tips came from?! Don't think anyone over here has them, nor would I want them!

I'm sure Ian can do the same design as mine, just without ceramic coating.
Old 04-28-16, 02:00 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

X pipe with silencers might be the way to go then guys...

-Josh

Orange County, CA
Old 04-28-16, 06:24 AM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

I'm leaning towards no X-pipe w/ silencers. I think without silencers will be too much with headers, but I also think the lack of X-pipe is what drew me to this exhaust.
Old 04-28-16, 07:26 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lolfunxion
I'm leaning towards no X-pipe w/ silencers. I think without silencers will be too much with headers, but I also think the lack of X-pipe is what drew me to this exhaust.
I get that, really do, but wait to hear the video's I do tomorrow before you make a decision fella.

The other important factor will be the performance gains associated with the X pipe.

Doubt I will have time to dyno it before my photoshoot, but I am really interested to see how it compares with the last non- X pipe run I did.

The butt dyno feels like it is more responsive that before, but we will have to wait and see.

I'd be happy for you guys to opt for either my second version, or the third version with the X pipe.

Just don't go with non-silenced unless you want to get regular headaches, and drive everywhere alone! Lol.

My wife actually refused to travel with me when I had the non-silenced version!

Might be appealing to some of you though I guess!
Old 04-28-16, 08:01 AM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

For a daily, need the silencers. If this was my weekend warrior I'd keep it non-silenced.

Get a video of the x-pipe like your first one! Though I liked the cold start, it's hard to tell how it sounds without a few blips like your first video. I think that's how I'll know! And of course maybe some cruising ones

And the dyno might play some factor, but I can't imagine an x-pipe will make a huge difference power wise.
Old 04-28-16, 10:09 AM
Durrby
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

This is probably the hardest decision I've ever had to make in my life.

Quick Reply: Hayward & Scott Exhaust Coming Soon!!