IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Hayward & Scott Exhaust Coming Soon!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-16, 08:04 AM
Durrby
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by hgill02
hey Josh, does the exhaust (unpackaged) fit in the trunk of the isf by any chance in case one has to be brought back from the meet
I know you said yes but that's what I wanted to know because I'll have to get the new one to the exhaust shop and I'll be taking the old one home with me in the F.

Originally Posted by smiley424
Sounds great! I am in for 1 with silencers. What are the exhaust tip options if any?
Yeah do we know what the final options are? I know you said we could get it with/without tips.

Originally Posted by RNISF
Did you take any pictures of the exhaust before you had it installed. Would like to see what a sent product looks like.
I'd like to see that too. Do we know the specs of the exhaust ie diameter of piping etc vs stock?
Old 05-25-16, 08:20 AM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by lolfunxion
I'll stick with RR, who still has a heavily vested interest in us, and hope they come out with the cold start option soon. I don't see TTFS working on anything for the community besides a tune .
Well that's because TTFS is a tuning company, that's what they specialize in entirely. So you know it's going to be as good as it gets from a tuning aspect.

Let's be honest though, neither company cracked the code, they just ran with what was made available. RR already being a known body on the forums, of course they are going to have more support. But TTFS ponied up and bought an ISF within months of joining the forum which I think is a pretty big step when they cater to MULTIPLE markets whereas RR only invests in the one. They had also tuned an ISF and was posted on m3forums I think it was pretty early in all of this prior to joining here pretty sure.

It's going to take TTFS the same time it took RR to get attention here. But I wouldn't discredit them by any means. Their reputation within the tuning world is great and well known, and I'm going to guess no one outside the Lexus world has heard of RR. Just saying.

RR is killing it with the products though. One after another people pleasers. Everything someone would ask for they are producing. Love it. Why I bought the F.
Old 05-25-16, 08:25 AM
bkuhl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you might be able to get the stock exhaust in the trunk area via the access hole in the middle if you're ballsy. the canister section will fit in the back seat no problems.
Old 05-25-16, 08:30 AM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Max16
That's what a forum is for!!

I love the cold start but I chose to install Varex mufflers on mine just for the few times I need to leave early or when my kids are sleeping and don't want to wake them up!
I have sikkys with 2.5 straights to rear varex mufflers so when it's loud, it's loud! When I close the varex, it's like oem.
Yea, it's just refreshing for it to be polite so thanks

If the Varex sounded like H&S I'd go that route. What I'm thinking of doing is adding butterfly valves to the bottom pipe of the H&S tips on each side. Then I can have a adjustable exhaust and I think that will still cut down on *some* of the sound, we'll see how loud it ends up being when I start dailying it.
Old 05-25-16, 08:45 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Yea, it's just refreshing for it to be polite so thanks

If the Varex sounded like H&S I'd go that route. What I'm thinking of doing is adding butterfly valves to the bottom pipe of the H&S tips on each side. Then I can have a adjustable exhaust and I think that will still cut down on *some* of the sound, we'll see how loud it ends up being when I start dailying it.
Still think the X pipe with silencers would be ideal for a daily driver.

Remember I don't have any headers on mine yet, but it's still plenty loud when I want it to be!

Be different, get an X pipe version!
Old 05-25-16, 09:13 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by bkuhl
you might be able to get the stock exhaust in the trunk area via the access hole in the middle if you're ballsy. the canister section will fit in the back seat no problems.
The stock exhaust can be transported, but not in the trunk.. You need to utilized the passenger and back seats
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...nd-gen-is.html

-Mike
Old 05-25-16, 09:30 AM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PDP180180
Still think the X pipe with silencers would be ideal for a daily driver.

Remember I don't have any headers on mine yet, but it's still plenty loud when I want it to be!

Be different, get an X pipe version!
X-pipe version = different rumbles!

I like the way the one you originally posted and now Josh has a video for. I'm afraid of losing that sounds.

Plus, you never heard my STI when I had it. That thing was bat**** crazy loud, you could hear me for miles and I absolutely loved it that way.
Old 05-25-16, 09:56 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

X-pipe version = different rumbles!

I like the way the one you originally posted and now Josh has a video for. I'm afraid of losing that sounds.

Plus, you never heard my STI when I had it. That thing was bat**** crazy loud, you could hear me for miles and I absolutely loved it that way.
Lol, fine, but don't blame me when your neighbours turn up on your front door with torches and pitchforks!
Old 05-25-16, 10:29 AM
STANC36
Rookie

Originally Posted by PDP180180
Lol, fine, but don't blame me when your neighbours turn up on your front door with torches and pitchforks!
You just need them to get used to noisy cars. I had multiple loud cars and friends stopped by in their loud *** cars as well.
They complained for the first few months when I got my license, but now 12 years later they got used to it and don't say nothing. Even when a straight piped S13 is running in the middle of the night because it's the time you got it running and need to bleed the air out of the coolant system
Old 05-25-16, 11:07 AM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

My neighbors are used to it with my cars. And my neighbors drag mustang.

If I can find videos of my old Subarus maybe I'll upload it, it was too much and they never complained at 5AM
Old 05-25-16, 11:10 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 691 Likes on 608 Posts

All I can say about this exhaust is, I was very close to selling my car, but now I want to drop another $10k in this car.. >

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 05-25-16, 12:27 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
All I can say about this exhaust is, I was very close to selling my car, but now I want to drop another $10k in this car.. >

-Josh
Get some equal length headers, bet it would sound even more insane.
Old 05-25-16, 01:28 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks

-Josh
Glad to hear it Josh, us SGM F'er's need to stick together!

We can both drop another $10k+ into our cars!

The RR supercharger kit will swallow most of that!
Old 05-25-16, 01:42 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Damn, equal length headers, X piped H&S, and a supercharger sounds intriguing.
Old 05-25-16, 03:06 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 691 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by FFM
Damn, equal length headers, X piped H&S, and a supercharger sounds intriguing.
And wallet breaking!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886

Quick Reply: Hayward & Scott Exhaust Coming Soon!!