IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Hayward & Scott Exhaust Coming Soon!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-16 | 10:37 AM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by xellos
I was going to say, this H&S exhaust sounds pretty brutal...reminds me of an AMG exhaust note more than anything.
If anything, THIS is accurate and I have no problem sounding like another badass V8. I think this still has it's own note, but the rumble is definitely similar to AMG.
Old 05-30-16 | 06:34 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Originally Posted by lolfunxion
You must've hung around too many Subaru owners with vape pens and gotten second hand retardation, or huffed the douche flute yourself and gotten it straight from the source. This exhaust, and this car for that matter, sound nothing like a Subaru. In the past I had 3 Subarus with at least 6 exhausts each and several different headers, in addition to hearing tons of them at meets, shows, with friends, and none of them sound anything like this. Or a V8 for that matter.

Then again, we definitely shouldn't trust the opinion of someone who can't properly quote a post he wants to respond to.

Don't compare our cars to Subarus.
/rant

You respond like that because I'm not nut hugging the video sound of this exhaust like you and a few others?!?!? Pretty immature and pathetic, to say the least.
And I clearly didn't compare the IS-F to a Subaru....I compared this exhaust to the sound of a Subaru. Calm down and get the H&S exhaust nuts out of your mouth 😉. But who knows, maybe I'll have H&S nuts hanging out of my mouth AFTER I hear it in person, but def not a chance until then😋

V.
Old 05-30-16 | 09:32 PM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

I mainly did it for lulz since you said something stupid. I'm not really that mad lol.
Old 05-30-16 | 10:38 PM
Pushtape
Driver

Less arguments more videos please
Old 05-30-16 | 10:50 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by eLBeeCee
Got to meet up with Josh and got to hear this beast in person! Thanks Josh for the opportunity! Can't wait to get my hands on one! Enjoy the video guys!

https://youtu.be/t9OvIXNixD8
DAAAAYYUUMM !!!!! that sound F'ing INSANE !!!!!
Old 05-30-16 | 11:36 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by Pushtape
Less arguments more videos please
I need these exhausts to hurry up and arrive to the US so it can speak for itself..

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 05-30-16 | 11:47 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
I need these exhausts to hurry up and arrive to the US so it can speak for itself..

-Josh
Yup . Its gonna speak loudly though .
Old 05-31-16 | 03:46 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Guys, I have been saying all along that the setup I ran previously was too much for cars with headers!

I don't have headers on my car yet, but when I do, the X pipe version I am running now should sound spot on.

No one has heard my setup on a car with headers before, so I really think one of you should go that route to see how it compares.

I think you will get the nice deep rumble under acceleration, but the cold start and low speed stuff should be more refined and less boomy if that makes sense?

If you don't have headers, or don't plan to add them at some stage in the near future, get the setup Josh has without the X pipe.

Final option is go X pipe but don't add silencers in place of the secondary cats? I already had the extra silencers fitted on my car, so can't comments unfortunately.

I would add that no phone or device will ever portray the real sound you get when you are either in the car, or standing beside it. The microphones can't handle the db level, hence they distort badly!

Just hope someone listens to me and goes for the X pipe version (with headers I should add). I plan to keep mine as it is for the moment, but if I wasn't planning to fit headers soon, I would be reverting back to the non-X pipe version I was running before.
Old 05-31-16 | 06:15 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Originally Posted by lolfunxion
I mainly did it for lulz since you said something stupid. I'm not really that mad lol.
😂 Excellent👍👍. All good partner!

V.
Old 05-31-16 | 06:58 AM
SubOrbital
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
That's pretty terrible to live with on a daily basis.
Old 05-31-16 | 06:59 AM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Vitveet
�� Excellent����. All good partner!

V.
I'm glad someone didn't catch butthurts from me for once. I used to have them so I tend to cap on Subarus a lot, but the community / scene has gone in the toilet lately. I'm much happier with the crowd we have here.

I'm hoping you can hear this exhaust in person and realize how badass it makes our V8 sound
Old 05-31-16 | 07:04 AM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PDP180180
Guys, I have been saying all along that the setup I ran previously was too much for cars with headers!

I don't have headers on my car yet, but when I do, the X pipe version I am running now should sound spot on.

No one has heard my setup on a car with headers before, so I really think one of you should go that route to see how it compares.

I think you will get the nice deep rumble under acceleration, but the cold start and low speed stuff should be more refined and less boomy if that makes sense?

If you don't have headers, or don't plan to add them at some stage in the near future, get the setup Josh has without the X pipe.

Final option is go X pipe but don't add silencers in place of the secondary cats? I already had the extra silencers fitted on my car, so can't comments unfortunately.

I would add that no phone or device will ever portray the real sound you get when you are either in the car, or standing beside it. The microphones can't handle the db level, hence they distort badly!

Just hope someone listens to me and goes for the X pipe version (with headers I should add). I plan to keep mine as it is for the moment, but if I wasn't planning to fit headers soon, I would be reverting back to the non-X pipe version I was running before.
If someone orders it, it would be nice to hear side by side. BUT, I really do believe that this distinct note comes from the lack of an X-pipe and not the mufflers or design H&S is using.

Originally Posted by SubOrbital
That's pretty terrible to live with on a daily basis.
If you don't like loud exhausts, maybe. For people like me who like loud 24/7 this is pretty spot on.
Old 05-31-16 | 09:44 AM
Alizia
Pit Crew

So what's the process of ordering one? I sent Josh an IM but I'm assuming he gets swarmed with messages since he didn't reply.
Old 05-31-16 | 11:08 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by Alizia
So what's the process of ordering one? I sent Josh an IM but I'm assuming he gets swarmed with messages since he didn't reply.
Over 2000+ PMs in my inbox.. But I could've swore I replied to everyone regarding the exhaust..

Anyways.

IF anyone wants an exhaust, make sure to PM me, and if you want an X-Pipe setup then you must pay ahead of time..

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 06-01-16 | 02:22 PM
koolaseva
Driver School Candidate

I can't wait to get mines.