IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Just did a dyno with the tune...pretty disappointed

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-16, 07:41 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by idoke1
As the title states. For some reason, my car is on making 297 whp and 319 wheel torque. The shop I brought it to had never dyno a lexus before. Could that be the issue? Its also on a dynojet. Not sure what to think. Please chime in. Oil is new and full. Intake filter is only @ 2k miles. All runs were made in 6th gear. Car was on sport mode and traction is COMPLETELY turned off (pedal dance)
Mods:

RR-RACING ECU tune
Deleted ALL CATS
Custom 2.5 inch x pipe to borla mufflers full exhaust
RR-RACING AOS
where was that dyno at? I would think that was more of a dyno issue, not the car. I would take it back or go somewhere else. Unless there is something faulty with the car, I'm sure 100whp difference you should be able to tell without a dyno that something is clearly wrong. Your making is350 power out of an isf..
Old 03-16-16, 07:52 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

UPDATE:
Upon further inspection, my AOS was completely FULL of OIL! I removed the hose connected to the intake manifold and VOILA! It's all covered in oil! I just cleaned it up and empty my AOS can. Could it be from the oil being sent into the intake manifold that is causing my car to pull that much timing? I'm going for a test drive now to see how it drives. Will update as I get more info.
We need to keep a eye on the AOS. Mine wasnt tight enough and caused a vacuum leak that created a CEL situation. Im kind of starting to see why an AOS would NEVER be an oem part.
Old 03-16-16, 08:05 PM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Idoke1, when you mean full of oil do you mean it was like filled to the top and overflowing?

Like k20trick said, it seemed more like dyno operator error since you said the shop is new and so was their dyno. I mean this whole time you were driving the car, if it really was down 100whp or something I think you would have definitely noticed..
Old 03-16-16, 08:09 PM
ISFwpg
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

HP and torque crossed at 5250 rpm like it is supposed too, but flat torque for 4200-6800 rpm in a NA car can't be right. Not an expert but that has to be a problem with you car. While you were breaking in your car after the tune I would assume you could feel the difference between a 14 second car and a 12 second one. Did you feel a difference after driving getting you ECU back?
Old 03-16-16, 08:21 PM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by RSXiMUS
Idoke1, when you mean full of oil do you mean it was like filled to the top and overflowing?

Like k20trick said, it seemed more like dyno operator error since you said the shop is new and so was their dyno. I mean this whole time you were driving the car, if it really was down 100whp or something I think you would have definitely noticed..
The oil was Full. It could not overflow. It would get sucked through the vacuum hose to the intake manifold. I actually didn't notice at all the whole time driving there. I was just driving normal and didn't WOT. I did WOT when I got home and DEFINITELY felt the power loss. Low end was there but when in the 4k and up, power was completely gone. Also, from looking at the air fuel ratio, my car was dumping gas right after 4k rpm. Thus making me believe my isf was pulling timing. I still didn't notice it until I pop my hood and saw how FULL my AOS can was. It wasn't completely full but upon opening the can, the whole top was dripping with oil.
Old 03-16-16, 08:25 PM
idoke1
Instructor

Originally Posted by ISFwpg
HP and torque crossed at 5250 rpm like it is supposed too, but flat torque for 4200-6800 rpm in a NA car can't be right. Not an expert but that has to be a problem with you car. While you were breaking in your car after the tune I would assume you could feel the difference between a 14 second car and a 12 second one. Did you feel a difference after driving getting you ECU back?
Oh.....there's a difference. I even made speed runs and compared tuned run vs untuned.

For example: my best 0-120 mph was around 14-15 secs with the mods I stated but for the tune. With the tune and my previous mods, 0-120 mph in about 13-13.6 secs... give or take.
Old 03-16-16, 08:28 PM
idoke1
Instructor

I will look around and find a more reputable dyno shop. Once I do find one, I will re-dyno.
Old 03-16-16, 08:32 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 696 Likes on 612 Posts

I will look around and find a more reputable dyno shop. Once I do find one, I will re-dyno.
Wait.. Are you in socal?

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 03-16-16, 08:50 PM
idoke1
Instructor

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Wait.. Are you in socal?

-Josh
Norcal. Sac region
Old 03-16-16, 09:04 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 405 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
We need to keep a eye on the AOS. Mine wasnt tight enough and caused a vacuum leak that created a CEL situation. Im kind of starting to see why an AOS would NEVER be an oem part.
I think if your fittings are tight and everything is snug as it should be and you empty your AOS at least every 2 weeks you'll probably not ever have an issue with it IMO. I haven't had any issues with mine at all, but I have noticed it fills up according to how I drive, if I drive hard a lot of pulls over 100+ on the weekends then yea mine fills up to the half way point sometimes and I take care of it then. But if I put around town and do the speed limit and not on the throttle that hard then it doesn't really fill up like if you were pushing the car hard.

I don't think there is anything wrong with his AOS, I think he's been hammering it lately with the tune and the excitement of testing it out and it filled up quicker than normal and he forgot to check it that's all.

By the way I agree with you about manufacturers not having a AOS be a OEM part that would mean customers would have to lift their hood and check the engine periodically
Old 03-16-16, 09:14 PM
idoke1
Instructor

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
I think if your fittings are tight and everything is snug as it should be and you empty your AOS at least every 2 weeks you'll probably not ever have an issue with it IMO. I haven't had any issues with mine at all, but I have noticed it fills up according to how I drive, if I drive hard a lot of pulls over 100+ on the weekends then yea mine fills up to the half way point sometimes and I take care of it then. But if I put around town and do the speed limit and not on the throttle that hard then it doesn't really fill up like if you were pushing the car hard.

I don't think there is anything wrong with his AOS, I think he's been hammering it lately with the tune and the excitement of testing it out and it filled up quicker than normal and he forgot to check it that's all.

By the way I agree with you about manufacturers not having a AOS be a OEM part that would mean customers would have to lift their hood and check the engine periodically
+1
Old 03-16-16, 09:21 PM
idoke1
Instructor

Originally Posted by k20trick
where was that dyno at? I would think that was more of a dyno issue, not the car. I would take it back or go somewhere else. Unless there is something faulty with the car, I'm sure 100whp difference you should be able to tell without a dyno that something is clearly wrong. Your making is350 power out of an isf..
The dyno was in elk grove. S&R Motorsport. The shop actually looks good. Saw a wrx they were working on and a nice v12 mercedes. But for experience, I am not certain of. No reviews on them either but saw awesome pics on their FB page. I chose them because they were close to my area. Now I am reconsidering another shop. This time, a more reputable shop.
Old 03-17-16, 12:50 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Getting a reputable shop that are willing to listen to what's needed when dyno'ing the F is key.

First place we used were well known tuners for VAG, Audi etc, but didn't have a clue for our cars! Made lame excuses it was the autobox causing the low readings, but we weren't buying it!

Found a different shop where they did everything we asked and voilà, results were on par with what we were expecting.

I'm sure another run with your AOS issue now fixed will be a different story.

Let's not start dismissing all the hard work Rafi and Simon have put in to this so far. It's too early to question the mapping in my view. We need a lot more results before any finger pointing!
Old 03-17-16, 10:16 AM
Bigjon3475
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

The oil was Full. It could not overflow. It would get sucked through the vacuum hose to the intake manifold. I actually didn't notice at all the whole time driving there. I was just driving normal and didn't WOT. I did WOT when I got home and DEFINITELY felt the power loss. Low end was there but when in the 4k and up, power was completely gone. Also, from looking at the air fuel ratio, my car was dumping gas right after 4k rpm. Thus making me believe my isf was pulling timing. I still didn't notice it until I pop my hood and saw how FULL my AOS can was. It wasn't completely full but upon opening the can, the whole top was dripping with oil.
Should I keep an eye out for a Getaway Sacramento video on YouTube?
Old 03-17-16, 12:12 PM
idoke1
Instructor

^^Lol! I actually tried race gas with the tune.... a full tank of race gas. It does pick up better but 91 octane is the better choice for $$$ for the bang.

Quick Reply: Just did a dyno with the tune...pretty disappointed