IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

I8ABMR F'd California's Chuckwalla Valley Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-16, 10:22 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts
Default I8ABMR F'd California's Chuckwalla Valley Raceway

Hey guys ! I finally got an opportunity to hit a track outside my state of AZ. I have been wanting to hit Chuckwalla for at least a year. The constant newer Motor Trend reviews plus many of the other test I have seen there from 'Battle of the Super cars ' and other Automotive Vlogs I have seen from there. There track is 2.68 miles long, has 17 turns, its very smooth, new, and wide with plenty of run off room . Although this was a desert track it didn't come with all the rocks we usually see in AZ. The course had a really cool banked turn, some elevation changes, and was pretty fast in most places. I was trying to learn the line as well as I could and think I did pretty well out there considering it was my first time to this track ever and I only did 2 sessions because I still needed to drive 250 miles home to Phoenix . My driving has come a long way and I am feeling pretty comfortable at 10/10ths. So happy I had this opportunity. Stayed in Indio and just made the 50 mile drive to the track the morning of. Worked out pretty well .

The car was understeering and oversteering a little on first session so when I came off I checked the tires and they were up to 40 and 41 hot so I brought them down to 34 hot and SWEET BABY JESUS !! What a difference !! The car stuck so much better. The ambient temps were 88 in the first session and 91 in the seconnd. I could feel the ECU pulling some timing but we did our best with those high temps. Oil temp stayed below max but the tires got greasy but I was still able to cary some solid speed through the corners .

If any of you Cali member have not hit this track you really need to. Its amazing. The location is maybe 110 outside of LA and you will not regret it. Speedventures is a great group to run with. Rules are pretty much same as NASA so a little stricter than what we see in Zona but still great and safe. I even manged to find the photographer and ordered the complete set of 43 pics they got of me and my F. Next track day is in 1 week . Im heading to Arizona Motor Sports Park and then to Wild Horse Pass Main Track mid April. ( reminds me I need to register)

CHECK OUT THE VIDEO !!
:thumbup: IT WAS A GREAT RUN !!
I HOPE YOU ENJOY !!

The field was deep as hell and all bizzzznness

Id like to start a movement to change the name of the track from Chuckwalla Valley Raceway to Chuckwizzle or Chuckwallawallabingbang ( but that's only if your nasty )

Last edited by I8ABMR; 03-20-16 at 10:39 AM.
Old 03-19-16, 11:27 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I just watched the videos for the first time all the way through and I have to say I am REALLY happy with my lines. They are very good and I am carrying a lot of good speed through the turns. Even my session one is much better than I would have expected considering I had never been on the track and I was grid one leading the field out. lol No pressure.

This F'er has come a long way . Two years ago I was rolling as LS460 on 22s. Look at me now !! I am very proud of my track time and how far my driving has come in in just 2 years.

13 Track days, 6 different race track in 23 months. Im set for #14 next week and #15 next month. I met a guy in a blue Cayman GTS on Pirelli Trofeo Rs( dude in the video) who said he has done 32 track days in 19 months ( he is retired Johnson and Johnson executive ). I was amazed , and inspired
Attached Thumbnails I8ABMR F'd California's Chuckwalla Valley Raceway-img_9980.jpg   I8ABMR F'd California's Chuckwalla Valley Raceway-dsc00299.jpg  
Old 03-20-16, 12:04 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 92 Likes on 66 Posts

Very nice tammer, the weather is awesome too...wow 2 session only...I bet if it was closer to home u would've hit the 4 session....oh yeah speedventure is awesome, as you can see on my sig pix..
Old 03-20-16, 12:26 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 691 Likes on 608 Posts

Damn that looks so fun.. Is that you making comments? haha

Time to get you a vented hood and a Meraki Autoworks sticker to rep!!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 03-20-16, 05:17 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

Looks like fun! I'm looking forward to getting back to the track next month.

-Mike
Old 03-20-16, 07:30 AM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Loved all the videos Tammer! You're driving abilities are definitely getting up there! Keep up the commentary! I think it works great as it's very funny and gives us, the viewers what's running through your head while your hitting all those apex's and turns!
Old 03-20-16, 09:17 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by chris07is
Very nice tammer, the weather is awesome too...wow 2 session only...I bet if it was closer to home u would've hit the 4 session....oh yeah speedventure is awesome, as you can see on my sig pix..
took me 3.5 hours to get home and 500 miles round trip so I needed to bounce. I do regret not staying for the third since I was doing a bit better in session 2

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks

-Josh
Yup !! I used to remain silent but why ? Im out there to have fun and the woohoos, laughing, and a little **** talking just makes it more fun I have been thinking of starting a Youtube channel

Originally Posted by mikersoft
Looks like fun! I'm looking forward to getting back to the track next month.

-Mike
awesome buddy !!! Looking forward to the videos and pics

Originally Posted by SoulFreak
Loved all the videos Tammer! You're driving abilities are definitely getting up there! Keep up the commentary! I think it works great as it's very funny and gives us, the viewers what's running through your head while your hitting all those apex's and turns!
Thanks so much SoulFreak. I have been thinking of doing a Youtube channel. Wether or not I will continue to make comments as I drive. Thanks. Whats funny is many people I have shared the video with have made the same comments
Old 03-20-16, 09:41 AM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 536 Likes on 318 Posts

I like how you kept your radar detector mounted on the windshield in case you needed to watch your speed limit.

Keep doing what you're doing with bringing your IS-F to multiple track day events. It really helps with readjusting the perspective on what a Lexus can do!
Old 03-20-16, 10:13 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by redspencer
I like how you kept your radar detector mounted on the windshield in case you needed to watch your speed limit.

Keep doing what you're doing with bringing your IS-F to multiple track day events. It really helps with readjusting the perspective on what a Lexus can do!
Thanks man ! I know Im out there having fun and absolutely representing Lexus. Most have never seen an ISF and if they have they have never seen one at a track day. Me and all the other track guys on this forum are a rare breed indeed. Lexus track cars???? Who would have said that 10 years ago??

The car has held up extremely well. Brakes and suspension are all stock minus the F sport rear sway bar and control arm bushings. I know many replace the pads and fluid but I have never had a second of fade. My tracks arent the 150-160 mp variety. I topped out at 130 at WHP main, but mostly we stay below 110 mph. Braking is easy. Its all the other stuff that we head out there to learn
Would like to check one out but for that I would need to prep with upgraded pads that will result in more noise and could kill the rotors faster AND would entail an 800 mile round trip to a track. Not sure I want to do all that . I have 5 tracks in AZ and now one that I LOVE in Cali. Im good for now

BTW I use the radar detector to get my speed without looking down and I can see the speed in decent light when I watch the video. It has GPS in it so has accurate speedo read out.
Old 03-20-16, 12:57 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 92 Likes on 66 Posts

Btw, If u want to see some photos of ur car, check caliphotography.com and click on your session. Seedventure uses that company, but charge arm and a leg.... ask me how I know...
Old 03-20-16, 02:25 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by chris07is
Btw, If u want to see some photos of ur car, check caliphotography.com and click on your session. Seedventure uses that company, but charge arm and a leg.... ask me how I know...
ordered the unlimited package with the CD last night. I am waiting for them to send the pics with link to download. They got some really cool shots of me going over the crest. Looks cool shot from below. I am love adding to the garage gallery. I called my guy and he said he was heading out of town so I was a little bummed that there was no pics but then the organizer mentioned Caliphotography at the drivers meeting and I was all over it. They left their cell # on the trailer and I just texted him. They were on their website the same night !!!!! I was pretty impressed . Our guy charges $25 for all the pics and a CD. They charge $60 plus $9.99 for the CD. Its still totally worth it. Those pics are very valuable to me. Its like recording. I always do it but many dont. In my mind I can use them to learn and why not capture the moments and thrills to keep forever.
Old 03-20-16, 02:40 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 691 Likes on 608 Posts

Make the channel, it'd be fun to watch.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 03-20-16, 03:38 PM
mindcrime
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

looks like a lot of fun. i would like to try out chuckwalla balla in my F or L one. day. have you thought about getting a used set of rotors and some more aggressive pads for track days?
Old 03-20-16, 05:13 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Very very nice. I always enjoy reading your reviews and your videos. If I'm ever moving back out West or owning property, I will be hitting some of these tracks.

Man those tires looked like swiss cheese....LOL

You can take off the radar detector there, there is no speed enforcement. LOL

Cheers,

P.
Old 03-20-16, 11:56 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

-Josh
Get ready for more comments.

Make the channel, it'd be fun to watch.

-Josh
Alright, bro !! I did it. I created a channel called F THE TRACK !!!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwq...KSpKo_DJaG58Gw

Originally Posted by mindcrime
looks like a lot of fun. i would like to try out chuckwalla balla in my F or L one. day. have you thought about getting a used set of rotors and some more aggressive pads for track days?
Chuckwallawallabingbang is now my favorite track. Its sucks its so far but Im going back in November hopefully. Im worried I may have a CE conference to attend though. If so it will be a year before I return. Its remind me of AMP but with more elevation and banking.

Originally Posted by 2URGSE
Very very nice. I always enjoy reading your reviews and your videos. If I'm ever moving back out West or owning property, I will be hitting some of these tracks.

Man those tires looked like swiss cheese....LOL

You can take off the radar detector there, there is no speed enforcement. LOL

Cheers,

P.
Do it !! You will love it !! I created a channel with all the videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwq...KSpKo_DJaG58Gw

Quick Reply: I8ABMR F'd California's Chuckwalla Valley Raceway