IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

DYNOJET RR Racing Tune with Baseline! Here it is guys...

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-16, 09:42 PM
josh810
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for providing us with before & after dyno based results that show us this tune is in fact working. We know that dynos are not free, so this clearly paves the way for anyone looking to purchase RR Racing tune. I'm looking forward to purchasing the obd tool now.
Old 03-29-16, 09:55 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Great big numbers RSXiMUS. I've been waiting to see results w/high flow cats (just like my car).

I'm gonna use some 110 proof next time at the drags to get the kclv up where it's supposed to be. And remember to bring a helmet & compressor.

Way to go dude.
Old 03-29-16, 10:36 PM
Ltaboso
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you are still on 6,800 redline?
Old 03-29-16, 11:18 PM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ltaboso
you are still on 6,800 redline?
No I'm on 7200 but currently the torque converter unlocks after 6800, still waiting for Rafi to fix it so we can use the full 7200 rev range.

Hoping Rafi doesn't get sidetrack with his other projects (intake and supercharger) and fixes this issue first. *hint hint*

Last edited by RSXiMUS; 03-29-16 at 11:23 PM.
Old 03-29-16, 11:32 PM
Piston1047
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MR2QIK
Thanks for posting, but the total gain can be attributed to a combination of changes/modifications, of which the RRRacing tune is a component. Do you have a base run before the tune but with all the other mods?

I want to see more results (other than what RRRacing posted or in the original thread). That would demonstrate the improvement in isolation.
Definitely a good post RSXiMUS you set-up is exactly what I want with the headers and HFC, but I can agree with MR2QIK, it definitely doesn't isolate the results of the tune alone and really just highlights that the mods together produce a very noticeable gain. Overall, It does help to dispel the notion that the tune is somehow reducing power . This still is a good post since it shows that proper analysis of your dyno methods/ your cars data and some logical problem solving can produce acceptable numbers.
Old 03-29-16, 11:43 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

It is great to see the results in line with what RR Racing had displayed for those with intake/exhaust/headers. The fact that you were making 416 to the wheel (which was what the car was advertised with to the engine back in 2007) is pretty sweet. Seeing these results make me anxious to get my dyno runs in.

Truth be told, data such as this and the member who recorded his run with analysis of new 0-60, 80, 100+ MPH times are pretty indicative that the tune has been well worth it. To RR Racing and TTFS for both tuning the IS F platform, thank you! More power that still keeps the car reliable is probably more than what anyone could have imagined when the car first was introduced.
Old 03-30-16, 12:01 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Nice result!

Like others have said, that doesn't sound like the tune has made much difference over the expected gains from your other mods though?

I make that a total gain of 58whp from your stock run. The PPE headers with cats should gain between 28-33whp(taken from the PPE website), that would leave either 30 or 25whp depending on which value we use.

Let's say we use the lower value, the exhaust should gain something, I'd say 10-15whp is about right? Intake improvements won't add much, but 5-8whp is again a fair value IMHO.

So going with lowest values again, that's another 15whp.

Add together your headers (28), and the intake and exhaust(15), and we get 43whp.

That would suggest the tune is only producing around 15whp?

I'm not a doubter, far from it. Just seems like actual gains from the tune are a bit lower than expected. Based on everything I've read on here so far, the improvements seem to be more noticeable in the mid/high end range, and improve drivability, but don't seem to gain much actual whp?

I still plan on getting the tune after I install the headers, but thought a breakdown could help open further discussion.

Worth adding the dyno run was earlier than the op intended, so need to factor that in as well.
Old 03-30-16, 12:36 AM
Ltaboso
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PDP180180
Nice result!

Like others have said, that doesn't sound like the tune has made much difference over the expected gains from your other mods though?

I make that a total gain of 58whp from your stock run. The PPE headers with cats should gain between 28-33whp(taken from the PPE website), that would leave either 30 or 25whp depending on which value we use.

Let's say we use the lower value, the exhaust should gain something, I'd say 10-15whp is about right? Intake improvements won't add much, but 5-8whp is again a fair value IMHO.

Add together your headers (28), and the intake and exhaust(15), and we get 43whp.

I'm not a doubter, far from it. Just seems like actual gains from the tune are a bit lower than expected. Based on everything I've read on here so far, the improvements seem to be more noticeable in the mid/high end range, and improve drivability, but don't seem to gain much actual whp?

I still plan on getting the tune after I install the headers, but thought a breakdown could help open further discussion.

Worth adding the dyno run was earlier than the op intended, so need to factor that in as well.
I think the oem maps are already a bit aggressive for performance but still can be daily driven,unlike other cars with big engines,but factory tune is conservative that's why when the ignition and fuel maps are tuned,its like night and day kinda feeling....pushing the engine to its limits will shorten engine life....im planning to keep my F for a very long time,so im pretty satisfied with what i read on this forum
Old 03-30-16, 12:54 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Ltaboso
I think the oem maps are already a bit aggressive for performance but still can be daily driven,unlike other cars with big engines,but factory tune is conservative that's why when the ignition and fuel maps are tuned,its like night and day kinda feeling....pushing the engine to its limits will shorten engine life....im planning to keep my F for a very long time,so im pretty satisfied with what i read on this forum
Couldn't agree more.

I'm not after a big numbers car to show off to strangers. If I was, I'd buy something with a turbo (Supra).

I also don't want my F to grenade on me anytime soon!

I want the tune to improve drivability, and make the most of what I have without risking the reliability.

That I think is a genuine possibility from what I've read.

If people want to chase big numbers, the F isn't the right car for them. Not without a proven supercharger or turbo kit that is!
Old 03-30-16, 12:38 PM
imp0rted1
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

incredible #'s thanks for sharing
Old 03-30-16, 01:01 PM
Justin727
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for doing this! 4 week lead time from PPE and by then I'll be ready to order a tune myself!
Old 03-30-16, 01:26 PM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PDP180180
Nice result!

Hey Pete, you're off by 10whp Car went from 348whp to 416whp, = 68whp total gains with cats.
Old 03-30-16, 01:34 PM
BS ISF
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

great numbers and thank you for posting up your positive results!
Old 03-30-16, 01:39 PM
kzlflash
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Nice, thanks for doing this and giving us all an update.

How's traction been with your stock 2012+ wheels/tires?
Old 03-30-16, 01:48 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RSXiMUS
Hey Pete, you're off by 10whp Car went from 348whp to 416whp, = 68whp total gains with cats.
So it did!

That'll teach me to try doing maths so early in the morning! Lol.

So that makes the likely gain from the tune around 25whp?

Sounds good to me chap.

Again, great results.

I'd be happy with that.

Quick Reply: DYNOJET RR Racing Tune with Baseline! Here it is guys...