IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

PPE Equal Length, Long Tube Headers

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-17, 08:17 AM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 144 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by bahaimus
That sounds fantastic! I don't suppose there is a variant of the EL long tube headers that would suit a right hand drive car is there?
The scan data is there, but without a good sense of demand, there would need to be a sizable group to make the R&D happen at this point.
Mike
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 04-24-17, 02:51 AM
bahaimus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I kind of figured that might be the case. But if you don't ask, you never know
Old 04-24-17, 08:48 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,898 Likes on 1,339 Posts

^^^^But, the PPE UL header is available for all you right hand drive guys out there.

Lou
Old 04-24-17, 08:28 PM
FilwithanF
Pit Crew

Received 76 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Manh3
Can we please get an update on these El headers from those who purchased these or from those who went from UL to El. I'm in the process of purchasing headers and was wondering if the 1200 premium is worth it since I only plan to do the header install once.

Sound clips?

Dyno graph?

What type of modifications was made to fit the headers to OEM or aftermarket exhaust?

Thanks
Here are some sound clips of Equal Length shorty headers and PPE dual mode exhaust with high flow cats:

Old 04-24-17, 08:32 PM
FilwithanF
Pit Crew

And to answer your question Manh3, yes, they are definitely worth it IMHO. I love the Ferrari-like subtle sound in the low and mid range. It's intoxicating. I found myself downshifting just to hear it.

Last edited by FilwithanF; 04-25-17 at 07:41 AM.
Old 04-24-17, 09:17 PM
Manh3
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by FilwithanF
And to answer your question Manh3, yes, they are definitely worth it IMHO. I love the Ferrari-like subtle sound in the low and mid range. It's intoxicating. I found myself downshift just to hear it.
thank you for taking the time out to post those videos. I'm 100 percent sure that I'm going with equal length. I just have a couple concerns with the equal shorties not being compatible with my Hayward exhaust and how were you able to avoid the cel from coming on? Seems like a lot of folks are getting cels when going with headers that eliminate the primary cats.
Old 04-24-17, 10:35 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,898 Likes on 1,339 Posts

^^^^On an ISF, PPE's o2 Conditioner works just fine. I've had mine for 7 years now - NEVER had a code. If your Hayward exhaust mates with the stock manifolds, it will mate with the PPE EL shorties.

Lou
Old 04-25-17, 07:40 AM
FilwithanF
Pit Crew

Just wanted to give credit for the videos to the previous owner of the car, Xsumdumguy. He was kind enough to take them for me before I flew out to buy it last Saturday. And yes, like Lou said, there are O2 conditioners on the car and no CELs.

I've also ridden in an UEL header ISF, and the power delivery seems a bit smoother with the EL. It could be my imagination, but that's what I felt between the two. Don't get me wrong, the UEL are still nice, but having experienced EL, I wouldn't go back. And if I were to buy headers again, I'd do the EL, possibly the long tubes. The sound is simply intoxicating!
Old 04-25-17, 08:24 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 689 Likes on 606 Posts

Contact us for these PPE headers!!!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 12-11-18, 05:52 AM
Kubbz
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Drone???

Originally Posted by FilwithanF
Just wanted to give credit for the videos to the previous owner of the car, Xsumdumguy. He was kind enough to take them for me before I flew out to buy it last Saturday. And yes, like Lou said, there are O2 conditioners on the car and no CELs.

I've also ridden in an UEL header ISF, and the power delivery seems a bit smoother with the EL. It could be my imagination, but that's what I felt between the two. Don't get me wrong, the UEL are still nice, but having experienced EL, I wouldn't go back. And if I were to buy headers again, I'd do the EL, possibly the long tubes. The sound is simply intoxicating!
How is the drone with close valves? Some Background: I recently installed EL PPE headers paired with my existing JoeZ exhaust. I have to say the drone is pretty bad and at times has this raspy rattle when cold and at lower RPMS. At mids to high it sound really nice but the drone is much to loud for me. I am strongly considering PPE's dual mode exhaust in hopes it will solve the drone issue. (Also adding HF cats)
Old 12-11-18, 09:14 AM
redcrxsi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kubbz
How is the drone with close valves? Some Background: I recently installed EL PPE headers paired with my existing JoeZ exhaust. I have to say the drone is pretty bad and at times has this raspy rattle when cold and at lower RPMS. At mids to high it sound really nice but the drone is much to loud for me. I am strongly considering PPE's dual mode exhaust in hopes it will solve the drone issue. (Also adding HF cats)
flowrider has the ppe dual mode and has no issues with drone. I will let him add more details. I also have the dual mode and with values closed it sounds basically stock, zero drone although I have stock exhaust manifolds and am using high flow cats.

You might try adding high flow cats if cost is a concern that will remove some rasp and could still be repurposed with the dual mode down the road although would require retrofitting.
Old 12-18-18, 02:32 PM
FilwithanF
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Kubbz
I would definitely recommend the PPE dual mode exhaust and the GESI cats. The cats alone should help reduce/minimize the drone and the rasp, especially. However, there still is a bit of a drone even with the valves closed and the GESI cats that I hear between 1900-2100 RPMs. It's very mild and only gets super annoying/present when doing sustained uphills in a high gear (I live in Colorado and going into the mountains can be annoying if I leave it in automatic mode and don't use the paddles). If you get the EL long tube headers though, you may not have to deal with much/if any drone at all, but I'll let Lou answer that.
Old 04-19-20, 01:48 AM
IronNam
Pit Crew

Received 83 Likes on 43 Posts

Has anyone else ran the custom EL LT setup?