IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Headers review

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-16, 02:01 PM
rmillsISF
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Headers review

So I finally bit the bullet and put PPE headers on the car. I thought I'd do a review for those thinking about doing headers.

My setup currently: Custom axle back 2.5" and now headers. stock mid-pipe

a few things I noticed:
1. They open the exhaust and it's louder. Count on it being quite a bit louder
2. the exhaust is deeper and has a good pulse to it like a WRX almost. I really enjoy the sound, it's like they just slapped a cam in my car.
3. RRRacing does not send the O2 simulators. There's others that sell for almost the same price but have the sims with the kit.
4. I was told it's on the top 10 hardest header installs the shop has done with the 370z taking the #1 spot

For a power gain, it does feel peppy, but I"m not really going to know until the ECU learns and adjusts to the changes. I think it'll be a nice hit when fully adjusted. I can tell there's more power up top and I lose grip easier even on the 275 Yokohama AD08's. I just think it'll get even better as the ECU learns...

Over all I'm very happy with the changes and the sound I ended up with. I'd recommend doing this if you can.

Last edited by rmillsISF; 05-04-16 at 03:15 PM.
Old 05-04-16, 02:23 PM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Thank you for sharing! I can't wait to do headers in my car. I read PPE is working on full length headers. I'm just saving and waiting before I make a final decision.
Old 05-04-16, 02:30 PM
One2beH8ed
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just curious what the difference btwn full length and what they have now will be??
Old 05-04-16, 06:27 PM
blackisF08
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by One2beH8ed
Just curious what the difference btwn full length and what they have now will be??
difference i s more money lol and it requires their exhaust system. it cannot bolt into an aftermarket exhaust unless is customized by the shop.
Old 05-04-16, 06:28 PM
blackisF08
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by rmillsISF
So I finally bit the bullet and put PPE headers on the car. I thought I'd do a review for those thinking about doing headers.

My setup currently: Custom axle back 2.5" and now headers. stock mid-pipe

a few things I noticed:
1. They open the exhaust and it's louder. Count on it being quite a bit louder
2. the exhaust is deeper and has a good pulse to it like a WRX almost. I really enjoy the sound, it's like they just slapped a cam in my car.
3. RRRacing does not send the O2 simulators. There's others that sell for almost the same price but have the sims with the kit.
4. I was told it's on the top 10 hardest header installs the shop has done with the 370z taking the #1 spot

For a power gain, it does feel peppy, but I"m not really going to know until the ECU learns and adjusts to the changes. I think it'll be a nice hit when fully adjusted. I can tell there's more power up top and I lose grip easier even on the 275 Yokohama AD08's. I just think it'll get even better as the ECU learns...

Over all I'm very happy with the changes and the sound I ended up with. I'd recommend doing this if you can.
thanks for sharing your experience man, i cant wait to install headers on mine but unfortunately that's gonna have to wait
Old 05-05-16, 07:10 AM
Justin727
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

hmmm? Maybe RR got the order mixed up. A few guys placed orders for tunes and headers and with the tune there is an option to keep the CEL off via tune so the headers wouldn't need to come with the sims.

BUT regardless PPE kits usually come with the sims.. Every PPE header kit I've sold all had sims unless specified with PPE before ordering. (customers usually have tunes that do not need the sims)

Good review!
Old 05-06-16, 06:59 AM
rmillsISF
Pit Crew

I was told by PPE that the RRRacing kits are sold like this. I may eventually get the tune if I have issues with a CEL light, but she's running GREAT right now.

After driving her for a few days I have no issues. It sounds amazing and runs awesome. There's definitely more power up top. I have to say I really like the setup and need to try a 1/4 mile run now.
Old 05-06-16, 07:31 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,401 Likes on 643 Posts

Originally Posted by rmillsISF
I was told by PPE that the RRRacing kits are sold like this. I may eventually get the tune if I have issues with a CEL light, but she's running GREAT right now.

After driving her for a few days I have no issues. It sounds amazing and runs awesome. There's definitely more power up top. I have to say I really like the setup and need to try a 1/4 mile run now.

You should contact us... we just assume that almost all our customers are getting a tune. We have our own 02 conditioners.

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 05-08-16, 06:41 AM
rmillsISF
Pit Crew

Here's the sound clip for those with speakers: