IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

RR RACING Supercharger ISF at Pocono Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-16, 04:29 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

You mean what zee Germans do with merely a flash tune haha. But yes I'm pumped.

The only reason I bought this car over a M was because of cracking the ECU allowing for moar powa!
Old 07-29-16, 08:33 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by FFM
You mean what zee Germans do with merely a flash tune haha. But yes I'm pumped.

The only reason I bought this car over a M was because of cracking the ECU allowing for moar powa!
haha so true. Their tunes make STOOOPID power.
Old 07-30-16, 11:23 AM
bbong
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

I don't think that's necessarily the case, with simple tune I would make STOOPID power in my Evo or STI. Evo would be insane with just a tune on stock Turbo and even for small 4cyl, they weren't that bad in reliability either, I tracked them both at above 400whp. Nissan GTR or Supra, would make STOOPID power as well and I don't see many ZEE Germans coming even close to GTR with just a tune. Even their top shelf cars can't hang with it around the Ring. Looking down on ISF because it doesn't make "STOOPID" power just because its ECU was recently cracked is kind of silly. We're just seeing SC kit from one company hitting the market, give it couple years and we'll start seeing more options or not as maybe ISF market isn't as big and its owners are hung up on comparing it to ZEE GERMANS, where its platform is a lot more mature and ECU tuning has been available for much longer.

I for one welcome this new R&D that's coming out for ISF and the new found power. Good job RR!

Old 08-08-16, 03:27 PM
Bigjon3475
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

We need 6 psi! I mean we need updates on the smaller pulley mod...
Old 08-08-16, 04:20 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Why push it if the car is making great power. Adding power to a car is just like a addictive drig. You add it and it feels great, then you want more and more until something breaks. LOL Easy wit the boost. This thing needs to last
Old 08-08-16, 04:25 PM
skipetenj
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

Rafi has not released much information because he is always looking for perfection! His number one goal is to provide the power without jeopardizing the integrity and reliability of the vehicle. He takes his IS F everywhere to confirm the reliability of the system. He has logged endless data logs, etc. When the SC hits the streets it will be well worth the wait. Furthermore, he has other projects he is working on. THANKS RAFI FOR YOUR DEDICATION!!
Old 08-08-16, 04:26 PM
IredSF
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigjon3475
We need 6 psi! I mean we need updates on the smaller pulley mod...
no, we need only enough boost to hit power target 530whp and do want any more than that. You can run higher boost and get more power but you are gonna seriously sacrifice reliability to do it.

i just want my 530whp, what boost that happens at , I don't care. ( the lower the better).

ive seen plenty of boosted mustangs ventilate the block with a conrod failure or blow the automatic transmission due to the strain.

if you want reduced reliability Dave the trouble and just go buy a bmw m3 v-8.

the last thing I want an isf to do is lose reliability.

i can afford mods OR repairs, but not BOTH!

i prefer to keep doing mods, more fun than repairs, you get more from your car.
Old 08-08-16, 04:27 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by iredsf
no, we need only enough boost to hit power target 530whp and do want any more than that. You can run higher boost and get more power but you are gonna seriously sacrifice reliability to do it.

I just want my 530whp, what boost that happens at , i don't care. ( the lower the better).

Ive seen plenty of boosted mustangs ventilate the block with a conrod failure or blow the automatic transmission due to the strain.

If you want reduced reliability dave the trouble and just go buy a bmw m3 v-8.

The last thing i want an isf to do is lose reliability.

I can afford mods or repairs, but not both!

I prefer to keep doing mods, more fun than repairs, you get more from your car.

word up !!!!!!
Old 08-08-16, 05:55 PM
Bigjon3475
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by IredSF

i just want my 530whp, what boost that happens at , I don't care. ( the lower the better).

ive seen plenty of boosted mustangs ventilate the block with a conrod failure or blow the automatic transmission due to the strain.

if you want reduced reliability Dave the trouble and just go buy a bmw m3 v-8.

the last thing I want an isf to do is lose reliability.

i can afford mods OR repairs, but not BOTH!

i prefer to keep doing mods, more fun than repairs, you get more from your car.
They're already at about 520 rwhp with 4 psi. RRRacing is the one that said they were going to test a little more boost. I was just curious of the outcome or if it didn't work out. 520 rwhp is pretty impressive and already considerably more than you need on the streets. I still bet they can get to 5 or 6 psi safely though. It might require dihydrogen methyl-oxide though.
Old 08-08-16, 08:21 PM
IredSF
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigjon3475
They're already at about 520 rwhp with 4 psi. RRRacing is the one that said they were going to test a little more boost. I was just curious of the outcome or if it didn't work out. 520 rwhp is pretty impressive and already considerably more than you need on the streets. I still bet they can get to 5 or 6 psi safely though. It might require dihydrogen methyl-oxide though.
i think di-hydrogen oxide would suffice , as long as you stay above freezing

back ck in the old turbojet days you could gain about 15% additional thrust with water injection, the methyl was just to keep it from freezing. Just ask any A model kc-135 guy.
Old 08-08-16, 08:28 PM
ISF*LYF
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HELLL YEAH!! GET SOME RR!! Can't wait!
Old 08-08-16, 08:53 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 405 Likes on 256 Posts

I think the final boost figure will be about 5 1/2 pounds of boost last time I heard which would be plenty to keep the reliability characteristic of the ISF.....
Old 08-09-16, 06:30 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by skipetenj
Rafi has not released much information because he is always looking for perfection! His number one goal is to provide the power without jeopardizing the integrity and reliability of the vehicle. He takes his IS F everywhere to confirm the reliability of the system. He has logged endless data logs, etc. When the SC hits the streets it will be well worth the wait. Furthermore, he has other projects he is working on. THANKS RAFI FOR YOUR DEDICATION!!
Not so sure the IS-F will get much more attention from him anytime soon. He has a different project he's been working on and will be working on for the foreseeable future.....

http://blog.rr-racing.com/news/2016/07/23/rr-racing-buys-is350-f-sport/#more-414

V.

Last edited by Vitveet; 08-09-16 at 08:15 AM.
Old 08-09-16, 07:33 AM
Sameer89
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't jump to that conclusion. Rafi has stated before that RR Racing is targeting production release of the ISF supercharger in August. We can expect to hear from Rafi very soon as I'm sure they're hard at work to finalize the kit
Old 08-09-16, 08:20 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

Time will tell! Kinda sucks that soon for all the stock ISF guys, we'll get our doors blown off by 350 F-sport😬😬😕 lol!!
But yea, will be interesting to see what they come up with!

V.

Quick Reply: RR RACING Supercharger ISF at Pocono Raceway