Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks like the Porsche is getting away.
Old 05-23-16, 12:04 PM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing

We will post more details soon, and of course dyno results as we continue fine tuning the car.

We are getting a lot of questions about pricing. The kit will not be cheap. Rotrex c38 based supercharger kits for the e92 M3 run anywhere from $8000-$14000. Our kit will be around $8k, and we will try to keep it below that if possible.

Rafi
for $8,500 the E9x M3 kits come with 650cc injectors, water to air intercooler and pump and a new intake manifold as well as a good 200hp over stock with 6-7psi since you used the comparison I hope all of those things are included in the ISF kits when they become available I have a close friend with an ESS kit and it would be nice to be on the same playing field with him.
Old 05-23-16, 12:48 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

^^^^^^^
The pictured system clearly shows an air/air IC & the stock intake manifold.
Old 05-23-16, 12:57 PM
semnosNSX
Advanced

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

I wish the supercharger I put on my NSX was only 8k! This SC looks real promising and I'm happy to see a vendor step up and put something like this together for us. However, I was hoping it would be much more stealth looking. I'm pretty sure that there is zero chance that anyone in California will "slip under the radar" during a smog check with this system.
Old 05-23-16, 12:58 PM
redcrxsi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sylvan
for $8,500 the E9x M3 kits come with 650cc injectors, water to air intercooler and pump and a new intake manifold as well as a good 200hp over stock with 6-7psi since you used the comparison I hope all of those things are included in the ISF kits when they become available I have a close friend with an ESS kit and it would be nice to be on the same playing field with him.
Good point, although I believe the rotrex units are actually more expensive then the Vortex.

Well in looking perhaps that's no the case - they both seem to be around $2600 or so for just the supercharger.
Old 05-23-16, 01:10 PM
fstpassat
Pit Crew

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

The supercharger market for M3's is substantially larger than ISF's. It won't be an equal playing field price wise due to economies of scale. I would expect that a similarly priced ISF supercharger kit won't equally compare component wise to an M3 kit.
Old 05-23-16, 01:50 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

^^^^^^^^^
Horsepower per $$ beats looks & bragging rights every day.
Old 05-23-16, 01:58 PM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with all of the above that's why the comparison to an M3 kit is something I wouldn't have used to justify the price in the first place.
Old 05-23-16, 02:02 PM
tgui
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You build a kit with a roots style blower poking out of the hood and we'll talk.

Good job BTW.
Old 05-23-16, 02:47 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 405 Likes on 256 Posts

I was just watching a video with Matt Farah when he was driving a modified TTRS by 034 Motorsport (540 crank HP) anyhow Matt asked him how much would it cost for these particular upgrades if he dropped off a stock TTRS to him and he said parts were about $8,500

So if Rafi can get the pricing to around $8k and even better yet under $8k then I would say it's a pretty good deal!
Old 05-23-16, 02:54 PM
SubOrbital
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tgui
You build a kit with a roots style blower poking out of the hood and we'll talk.

Good job BTW.
Srsly. I want that Northern Florida '74 Camaro look.

In all seriousness, I don't think I'm particularly interested in a centrifugal supercharger.
Old 05-23-16, 04:38 PM
Scott610
Advanced

Received 84 Likes on 46 Posts

Nice Rafi keep up the good work and thanks for creating a supercharger for the family
Old 05-23-16, 05:44 PM
IredSF
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott610
Nice Rafi keep up the good work and thanks for creating a supercharger for the family
Yeah agreed!
And just want to point out RR Racing is as of right now , footing the development costs on their own dime. Point being that being thankful and providing respectful constructive criticism is the most productive path for all involved and that we wouldn't even be having these comparative quality arguments if it weren't for their efforts to develope this in the first place. So again thank you RRR,
And hope I can save up some dough between now and release.

And no, I'm not harping or running to leap on my high horse . Just want to give some credit where credit is due. Being First is Hard, and I appreciate that. (As in sure we ALL DO)
Old 05-23-16, 05:53 PM
bbong
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by IredSF
Yeah agreed!
And just want to point out RR Racing is as of right now , footing the development costs on their own dime. Point being that being thankful and providing respectful constructive criticism is the most productive path for all involved and that we wouldn't even be having these comparative quality arguments if it weren't for their efforts to develope this in the first place. So again thank you RRR,
And hope I can save up some dough between now and release.

And no, I'm not harping or running to leap on my high horse . Just want to give some credit where credit is due. Being First is Hard, and I appreciate that. (As in sure we ALL DO)
Well said and agreed . Great job RR (Rafi, Simon)

Quick Reply: RR RACING Supercharger ISF at Pocono Raceway