IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

GA/SC/NC Meet

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-16, 05:07 AM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Vitveet
*****I have a very special prize/present for the first 14 Fs to the meet!! And yes, it's FREE!!!!!!
Be on time, first come first serve!!!!!!*******

V.
::Leaves work, heads home, grabs camping equipment, heads to Greenville, sets up camp, thinks to self, no way Im gunna miss out on free stuff::
Lol
Old 08-24-16, 06:58 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Lmood
::Leaves work, heads home, grabs camping equipment, heads to Greenville, sets up camp, thinks to self, no way Im gunna miss out on free stuff::
Lol
Haha!!! You'll definitely get one!
Lmk if this is somewhat accurate for the schedule of events:
11am to 12 noon: meet in parking lot of twin peaks, talk, take pics, etc etc etc.

12 noon til 2pm or so: eat lunch in twin peaks

2pm-3pm: back to the parking lot for more pics with the ones who show up while we're eating

3pm-4/5pm cruising, brewery tour, or whatever is decided on. During this time, the ones who got a room could go check into their hotels.

8pm or so: head out on the town for dinner, then hit a few bars or whatnot afterwards

Of course that schedule isn't set in stone or anything as we'll kind of wing it as we go along. But the free give aways will be given out before we go into twin peaks for lunch!!!! So if we have 15+ Fs there before we go in for lunch, I'll make sure whomever doesn't get one, gets their gift on a later date😎.
Any other "schedule" suggestions?!

V.
Old 08-24-16, 07:46 AM
ICEBERGS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

11am to 12 noon: meet in parking lot of twin peaks, talk, take pics, etc etc etc.

2pm-3pm: back to the parking lot for more pics with the ones who show up while we're eating

3pm-4/5pm cruising, brewery tour, or whatever is decided on. During this time, the ones who got a room could go check into their hotels.

8pm or so: head out on the town for dinner, then hit a few bars or whatnot afterwards

Of course that schedule isn't set in stone or anything as we'll kind of wing it as we go along. But the free give aways will be given out before we go into twin peaks for lunch!!!! So if we have 15+ Fs there before we go in for lunch, I'll make sure whomever doesn't get one, gets their gift on a later date😎.

V.
Parking is going to be the only issue downtown. There are a few parking garages most free some pay but we can all caravan into the garage. Downtown Greenville is pretty cool at night so all your bars and restaurant are in staggering I mean walking distance of each other....Im trying to get one of my photographer friends to tag along but he hasn't confirmed just yet...
Old 08-24-16, 07:52 AM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Damn I may have to get a room. Still undecided lol. Photographer would be cool. My tripod broke and I haven't fixed it yet.

Still looking for someone who has a drone that can take high res pics who is going to be there. Pretty sure the wife would be like wtf if I just bought one lol
Old 08-24-16, 01:45 PM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Just buy it and return it. Not saying I have or have not done that with radar detectors for road trips.
Old 08-24-16, 01:46 PM
One2beH8ed
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

V.

Perfect. And we will still be meeting you (Vitvett) in Gastonia to ride in. I most likely will not be driving around downtown just park at hotel in garage for safety then uber around. Then stumble from there.

Look forward to meeting everyone.
Old 08-24-16, 02:12 PM
blckbrd
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So you'll be bringing yours then?!
Originally Posted by ZaxF
Just buy it and return it. Not saying I have or have not done that with radar detectors for road trips.
Old 08-24-16, 05:37 PM
tpham32
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

V.
I'm sure some the twin peak girls wouldn't mind posing with the cars either... lol
Old 08-24-16, 06:00 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by blckbrd
Ha! No one will hold it against you.
I guess you would have to drive that heap, seeing as how we can't have passengers in the front seat and all.
Just a minute, I asked if my neighbor can bring his Supercharged RS-4 and was told this is an 'F' (V8) only meet, so if it is, let's stick to it, or open it up to other cars.

Make your choice.
Old 08-24-16, 06:02 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Originally Posted by ZaxF
A good drone is about $1000....................LOL, good luck returning that.
Old 08-24-16, 06:15 PM
IStarfire
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder if we could get the BMW facility in Greenville to let us drag race eachother all day on their track.. That's my schedule suggestion!
Old 08-24-16, 06:17 PM
2URGSE
Racer

I'm staying at the Candlewood Suites since I got points with IHG.

Old 08-24-16, 06:20 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Originally Posted by IStarfire
I wonder if we could get the BMW facility in Greenville to let us drag race eachother all day on their track.. That's my schedule suggestion!
Lexus High Performance vehicles drag racing...............at a BMW Facility.................that would be cool to document.

Doubt they would let us, and probably not for free unless someone has some connections in there......
Old 08-24-16, 06:32 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Per Google, I-85 has construction going on around Concord, I'm thinking of bypassing it using I-40 to 85.............
Old 08-24-16, 09:15 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by One2beH8ed
Perfect. And we will still be meeting you (Vitvett) in Gastonia to ride in. I most likely will not be driving around downtown just park at hotel in garage for safety then uber around. Then stumble from there.

Look forward to meeting everyone.
Hahaha!! Sounds like a decent idea...if you plan to get drunk, lmao. I'll probably have a drink or 2 at the bar(s) but definitely not to the point where um "drunk" or can't drive/stumbling, lol. I'll leave that to you and call Uber for you😂!

Originally Posted by tpham32
I'm sure some the twin peak girls wouldn't mind posing with the cars either... lol
Nice!! Best suggestion as of yet!!! I'm going to make that happen.....or least if I don't, I'll go down swinging!

Originally Posted by 2URGSE
Just a minute, I asked if my neighbor can bring his Supercharged RS-4 and was told this is an 'F' (V8) only meet, so if it is, let's stick to it, or open it up to other cars.

Make your choice.
I say still keep it 'F' only....but won't kick anyone out if they show up, lol.

Originally Posted by 2URGSE
I'm staying at the Candlewood Suites since I got points with IHG.
Not a bad option either... checking their rates in the am

V.

Quick Reply: GA/SC/NC Meet