IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Lexus Tech vs ISF (Dashcam Vid)

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-16, 07:28 AM
liquidtek
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

Might I recommend sending the video to jalopnik. This will surely get the attention of a lot of people. And I bet it will be resolved in no time.
Old 07-18-16, 07:44 AM
H1_OFICR
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lexus Tech vs ISF (Dashcam Vid)

Time to look for a dash cam.. I lived close to the dealership when I had an Acura... And one day at work (I use to run a Chick fil A) I was working the window in drive through and sure enough there way my Acura TL with 2 dudes in it getting lunch. I didn't say a word and I heard him spin the tires leaving.. I called the service manager and was as professional as I could be but I couldn't help but be infuriated.. It's amazing people do this to other people's property.. I know when I'm entrusted to take care of anything.... I take pride and baby it.. I guess we are all wired differently..

Last edited by H1_OFICR; 07-18-16 at 07:50 AM.
Old 07-18-16, 09:14 AM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I would have warn the manager and tech that car have dashcam.
Old 07-18-16, 10:01 AM
Junk
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ineresting

Last edited by Junk; 07-18-16 at 10:22 AM.
Old 07-18-16, 10:12 AM
liquidtek
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Junk
All cars should be road tested after service or a recall. Looks like the tech was doing his job and liked your car. Is it even legal to record that?
Sounds like an excuse a tech would use. What would you describe as road testing? Driving the car over speed limits outside of regular driving habits? I'm all for 'road testing' if its a suspension related issue or something a customer had reported as an issue that needs to be diagnosed. I know my car was probably hooned to death at my last recall and I had a ridiculous amount of 'road testing' miles documented after it was dropped off. 2 miles leaving the dealership I had CEL and VSC. So tell me how much road testing helped in me beside letting some stranger drive the crap out of my car potentially?
Old 07-18-16, 10:17 AM
H1_OFICR
Pole Position

1. The original poster stated the service advisor said one thing and something else happened..

2. Just because your in for service does NOT mean you have to road test the vehicle. In fact quite often it's the opposite because of the liability they assume when driving your vehicle.

3. Trying to downshift at high rpm I assure you had nothing to do with the issue he brought it in..

4. Bouncing off the Rev limiter also most likely was not the issue he brought the car in for. Even if it was drivetrain related there is no excuse for beating on someone's car.. If you had a Ferrari and you took it in for a squeaky door.. Would you expect them to beat the hell out of it.. No.. Drive it.. No.. It may not be a Ferrari, but its as close as I have to one.
Old 07-18-16, 12:27 PM
smt6
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Im going to start writing down my mileage when I drop my car off. I am doing a full TOMS kit soon and will warn the body shop too that I know the mileage
Just snap a pic on phone so its not written and is non negotiable.
Old 07-18-16, 01:02 PM
YotaLex
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol @ the guy who said he was just road testing it and liked it. It stopped being his job and became horseplay when he phoned his brother.
On top of that, they said they couldnt road test it AT ALL because of inner tire wear.... So my tires were "so worn" that you "couldn't test drive it" yet here you are adding abuse to those same tires you spoke of.
This is unacceptable, IDC how you put it. I did get my ATF swapped, but I stated the flares happened only in Auto mode (which he was never in anyway) so road test my ***... I will fight this.

I wouldn't drive your car like this, I'd expect better from Lexus. They also shoot themselves in the foot with the slogan "Pursuit of Perfection".

The manager is meeting with the Tech and advisor before closing... He will discuss the matter with the entire service department tomorrow.

Still waiting to see how they intend to make things right.
Old 07-18-16, 01:16 PM
ddcruise
Rookie

Wow that's crazy, i might need one of these cameras.
Old 07-18-16, 03:16 PM
AWilson013
Rookie

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by YotaLex

Out of curiosity, what do you think would be an acceptable remedy?
Old 07-18-16, 04:04 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 221 Likes on 81 Posts

Grabbing the popcorn. I knew i shouldve gotten a dash cam last week on Amazon Prime day.
Old 07-18-16, 04:13 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by smt6
Just snap a pic on phone so its not written and is non negotiable.
Even better

Lol @ the guy who said he was just road testing it and liked it. It stopped being his job and became horseplay when he phoned his brother.
On top of that, they said they couldnt road test it AT ALL because of inner tire wear.... So my tires were "so worn" that you "couldn't test drive it" yet here you are adding abuse to those same tires you spoke of.
This is unacceptable, IDC how you put it. I did get my ATF swapped, but I stated the flares happened only in Auto mode (which he was never in anyway) so road test my ***... I will fight this.

I wouldn't drive your car like this, I'd expect better from Lexus. They also shoot themselves in the foot with the slogan "Pursuit of Perfection".

The manager is meeting with the Tech and advisor before closing... He will discuss the matter with the entire service department tomorrow.

I was joking. Id be mad as hell. This **** is getting way too common. Imagine how many of our Fs have been joy ridden and we probably dont even know it

Last edited by I8ABMR; 07-18-16 at 04:23 PM.
Old 07-18-16, 04:28 PM
geero
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

good thing i jumped on the amazon prime dash cam! so if you inform the service technician that you have a dash cam would it then be legal to use the footage in a court of law?
Old 07-18-16, 04:41 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

RedlineAZ told his SA he had a camera and they disconnected it
Old 07-18-16, 04:49 PM
Fsport2UR
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been fighting to get in contact, I talked to the manager the day I posted the video here. He said he would review it and get back with me.
I'm giving them a chance before I start my smear campaign. Shooting for the moon as far as reimbursement, I also have an attorney on retainer if it goes that far.

Y'all will be the first to know what happens, thanks for the support.
If you don't hear from the dealership, and before going overboard, I'd contact corporate and have them review your video and case.

Quick Reply: Lexus Tech vs ISF (Dashcam Vid)