IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ISF to GTR to ISF

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-16, 06:36 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Miqueaseli
Welcome back . Also this USB ISF looks better than the Matador you previously owned .
i agree! It looks much better and is in much better shape. This one has half of the miles, a clean title, and my favorite color combo
Old 08-15-16, 06:52 PM
Drok149
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How'd you get the GTR on a 6 month lease?
Old 08-15-16, 07:59 PM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusNN
I wouldn't be able to afford the GTR long term with 8K dollar brake services and etc. I feel like I can service the F by myself mostly.
typicall complete brake job from the factory is around 6k but can be cut in half going aftermarket
Old 08-15-16, 08:03 PM
semnosNSX
Advanced

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Drok149
Thats what I was wondering....
Old 08-15-16, 08:12 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Drok149
it was a special lease program that my company was running
Old 08-15-16, 08:30 PM
daedalus
Pole Position

Same feelings here. Went ISF > GTR (immediately regretted it) though adding a midpipe to it and some PSS's (rather than the runflats) and the car was pretty fun but still wanted the ISF back. Been trying to get back into one since then. Stupid Lexus dealers and their no-negotiation "plus" pricing have kept me from two so far. The search continues!
Old 08-15-16, 08:43 PM
AndrewISF
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by daedalus
Same feelings here. Went ISF > GTR (immediately regretted it) though adding a midpipe to it and some PSS's (rather than the runflats) and the car was pretty fun but still wanted the ISF back. Been trying to get back into one since then. Stupid Lexus dealers and their no-negotiation "plus" pricing have kept me from two so far. The search continues!
I would have thought going from an ISF to a GTR would be an upgrade, but I haven't driven or ridden in a GTR. What did you miss about the ISF? I hope you find one soon!
Old 08-15-16, 09:20 PM
Alizia
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusNN
Some would ask if it was the new mustang or a 370Z.
haha that's hilarious, with those questions like that you should of been like... it's not a mustang; it's a camaro! People say stuff like that about our car too except I get asked is it a 250 or a 350? after I tell them IS-F. I don't understand how people can be so unaware of the Japanese cars outside of the Civic, Accord, Camry, and Corolla.

The main reason why I choose the F when I bought it in January this year is because I've always been a fan of its looks. It's hands down one of the best looking cars I've ever seen. The GT-R on the other hands looks super ugly to me. I know beauty is in the eyes of the beholder but it definitely looks like the GT-R was shaped for aerodynamics while the IS-F was made to look elegant.
Old 08-15-16, 09:58 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Congrats and welcome back man !! I think this is he second or third case I have seen like this . ISF to GTR to ISF . Good to know we are all not nuts . I have family in nissan Infiniti NA corporate and can get a VPP price on a GTR but not a lease . I'm hearing since they hold value pretty well the leases are not total killers .

Good to have you back and the USB with those wheels is killer
Old 08-15-16, 10:18 PM
nks979
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by daedalus
Also curious what made you regret that switch. Thats an awesome list of cars in ur sig, even the F is a common car compared to a ruf.
Old 08-16-16, 06:00 AM
babyzilla
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have great taste in cars lol I want an ISF so bad right now. I even thought about getting a GTR, but after reading everything I could on it, I decided it wasn't the vehicle for me as the maintenance, whether it being high or low, was just too expensive.
Old 08-16-16, 07:21 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

this is rare but welcome back!
Old 08-16-16, 08:25 AM
BirgeyT1
Pole Position

Received 148 Likes on 79 Posts

Maybe a bit off topic but how difficult was the process of buying a car in Canada and bringing it to the states? The exchange rate has really made me consider it.
Old 08-16-16, 09:23 AM
tronim
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by BirgeyT1
Maybe a bit off topic but how difficult was the process of buying a car in Canada and bringing it to the states? The exchange rate has really made me consider it.
+1, great question. I've seen some nice looking deals on some low mileage beauties and would wonder if this is something I could easily pick up and drive back down the boarder w/ minimum hassle.

Also would like to note that the maintenance costs on the GTR for things like Brakes are still astronomically insane!
Old 08-16-16, 09:31 AM
daedalus
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AndrewISF
I would have thought going from an ISF to a GTR would be an upgrade, but I haven't driven or ridden in a GTR. What did you miss about the ISF? I hope you find one soon!
Just driving the GTR and ISF back to back and the ISF steering is so much more involving, the engine sounds crazy compared to a stock GTR "washing machine" and frankly I like the understated looks of the ISF. At the time I got out of my ISF for around 40k and into the GTR for 63k and it just didn't seem like 20k more car.

I will say that after doing a tune, midpipe (so you could actually hear something resembling an engine noise), and changing the tires to PSS's the car did grow on me. I would get another GTR as it's incredibly capable and i've yet to find another car that gives me the confidence to chuck it into turns at speed but the ISF remains a truly unique, rare, good looking, and reliable car that is a crazy value for under 40k.

Just my .02.

Quick Reply: ISF to GTR to ISF