IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ISF boring??

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-16, 10:55 AM
vividracing
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tro209
In hindsight, I should have named the thread differently now that I think about it..
it got attention though
Old 09-09-16, 11:02 AM
Quadrphnia
Advanced

Received 135 Likes on 89 Posts

In hindsight, I should have named the thread differently now that I think about it..
No worries pal. To elaborate on what's previously mentioned, the ISF is a true dark horse (particularly the Obsidian ones) of our genre.

Think about 90% of the official reviews you read. They'll copy / paste complaints about the steering, or the suspension in earlier models. The rest is just a blanket "it falls short." I love reading it. The Lexus "old guy" rep combined with Bimmer ***-kissing always puts our cars at the back of the review pool. I love this, too. The underdog aspect of this car heightens the allure for me.

“You’re hated by some, loved by others, but that’s what’s great about being different. If everybody loved you, that means you’re not doing the right thing most of the time.” - Bernard Hopkins
Old 09-09-16, 11:12 AM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Those Z owners can be interesting to deal with. I was on one of their forums back in 2004 and ended up buying a Subaru WRX STi.

Shortly after they started bashing my car and then banned me for good.

An ISF is a car the Z would have dreamed to be IMO.

You'll be happy with the purchase, and will forget all about those clowns.

Here are some of the useless and dumb comments they made:

"get the F then you will drool over the next Z you see on the road!"

"If you are thinking of an ISF then get the better car the M3 BMW. Then you can have the wow factor back.​"

"Every corner you take you'll be thinking about how you're dragging that extra 7 inches of wheelbase and 500 lbs. of weight through it. But if you only care about driving in a straight line, then go for it.​"

"IMO there's nothing 'sporty' about a 4 door sedan. The IS-F is a great car for a family man that needs a couple extra seats and works an exec gig where he needs to truck around clients from time to time."

"And what someone else said already... No Toyota is worth 60 clams."

"Looks like a mom car."

What a collection of non-sense.

Not sporty?

Work as an exec gig? I'm not an exec......LOL

A car for the family man.......hmmmmm what family? maybe my parents when they come visit. If you meet a hot girl and she and her friends need a ride home......

Extra 500 lbs? Yes.....also an extra 101 ft-lbs and extra 84 horsepower......2 more cylinders and bigger displacement. (Can't beat cubic inches)

I thought it was worth the 60+...........and isn't a dime a dozen around on the road.

Last edited by 2URGSE; 09-09-16 at 11:29 AM.
Old 09-09-16, 11:18 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadrphnia
No worries pal. To elaborate on what's previously mentioned, the ISF is a true dark horse (particularly the Obsidian ones) of our genre.

Think about 90% of the official reviews you read. They'll copy / paste complaints about the steering, or the suspension in earlier models. The rest is just a blanket "it falls short." I love reading it. The Lexus "old guy" rep combined with Bimmer ***-kissing always puts our cars at the back of the review pool. I love this, too. The underdog aspect of this car heightens the allure for me.

“You’re hated by some, loved by others, but that’s what’s great about being different. If everybody loved you, that means you’re not doing the right thing most of the time.” - Bernard Hopkins
Awesome post! Very true!! Also Obsidian is a damn nice color haha.
Old 09-09-16, 11:29 AM
isfdave86
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

That makes sense. I imagine once I get mine I'll get hate for it. When I got my IS350 my brother bashed me for not getting an STi. And now that I want an ISF, he's bashing for me not getting something "faster" like a 5.0, SRT8 or something that you see almost everywhere on any given day lol. I told him speed isn't everything and also that the ISF would probably take out a 5.0 anyway if it had full bolt on and a tune. He sighed and walked away..
your brother sounds like a fanboy hipster
Old 09-09-16, 11:31 AM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by isfdave86
I know someone who raced a 5.0 6 speed on the freeway. The Mustang jumped the gun from a 40 MPH roll.............after 115 MPH, it was game over. Let's not even compare the build, fit and finish.

Old 09-09-16, 11:34 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by isfdave86
LOL, he does. But he's just an "American Muscle" kind of guy so can't blame him haha. He still thinks the ISF is cool just.. not as cool
Old 09-09-16, 11:38 AM
mahcah
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

I have both the F and a 370Z Nismo. They are both great cars for their own categories. I would not daily the Nismo for sure. I have been driving my F a lot because, it's practical, comfortable, powerful, and classy. I'd take the Nismo out IF I feel like it. Not often do it take it out since I got my F
Old 09-09-16, 11:39 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mahcah
I have both the F and a 370Z Nismo. They are both great cars for their own categories. I would not daily the Nismo for sure. I have been driving my F a lot because, it's practical, comfortable, powerful, and classy. I'd take the Nismo out IF I feel like it. Not often do it take it out since I got my F 8)
Interesting, Do you drool everytime you see a 370z as stated by one of the Nissan forum members? Lol jk.

How do you compare the two anyway? Could you realistically get rid of the F to keep the Z?

Last edited by Tro209; 09-09-16 at 11:47 AM.
Old 09-09-16, 11:47 AM
mahcah
Racer

Only if it's a 2010-2014 Nismo
Old 09-09-16, 11:48 AM
mahcah
Racer

Old 09-09-16, 11:53 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Is that yours? She's a beauty!! Hard to belive you'd keep it over the F but still it's a nice looking car for sure.
Old 09-09-16, 11:55 AM
mahcah
Racer

Yes it is. I am selling it because I don't drive it. If I do drive it, it's a chore to drive it. It hasn't been washed in over a month and a half.
Old 09-09-16, 11:56 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Yes it is. I am selling it because I don't drive it. If I do drive it, it's a chore to drive it. It hasn't been washed in over a month and a half.
Oh! I misunderstood you then. I thought you said you would sell your ISF and keep the Z because it's a Nismo.
Old 09-09-16, 12:00 PM
gravesg
Pit Crew

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

That makes sense. I imagine once I get mine I'll get hate for it. When I got my IS350 my brother bashed me for not getting an STi. And now that I want an ISF, he's bashing for me not getting something "faster" like a 5.0, SRT8 or something that you see almost everywhere on any given day lol. I told him speed isn't everything and also that the ISF would probably take out a 5.0 anyway if it had full bolt on and a tune. He sighed and walked away..
an SRT8 will only outrun an isf in the best of conditions, if its a manual or the tires dont stick. or its hot outside lol. the isf leaves that car, lets not even talk about getting past 110mph .. this is a stock for stock comparison.

the 5.0 is a monster is cool, but it also can't hang past 110 .. even 0-60 its stupid close...

unless were talking gt500's or hellcats .. ths ISF can give just about everything out there under 70k a run for its money .. and under most circumstances win.

i've rarely seen a fully modded and tuned isf lose ... as a matter of fact .. i don't think i have ???

Quick Reply: ISF boring??